Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-02-2018, 11:39 AM   #29
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Here's a link to a YouTube video of the new Solo Performance muffler delete J-pipe setup. It's not on their website yet but you can call Solo for info.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #30
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
The link didn't work so just search youtube for Solo Performance 2016 Camaro SS
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #31
theGmonster

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Black
My muffler delete on my 2017 1ss without NPP drones really bad between 1900-2300 RPM. It doesn't drone when I am cruising, just when the RPM's are in that range which is usually when accelerating normally as the 8 speed auto shifts within that range.

Do any of you know what the Borla Atak axle back sounds like compared to a muffler delete? Is it a little bit quieter on the cold start? Does it get rid of the awful drone? I've seen people on here say that Borla doesn't drone, but many people also said the muffler delete doesn't drone when it definitely does.

Anyone heard both and can compare? People that installed the borla, did you see how it sounded with no muffler before you put the axle back on?
theGmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #32
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
If people say a muffler delete car doesn't drone, then they don't know what drone is. And the probably live somewhere really flat. Muffler delete cars drone.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:16 PM   #33
STEVE41

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
If people say a muffler delete car doesn't drone, then they don't know what drone is. And the probably live somewhere really flat. Muffler delete cars drone.

-Geoff
my is auto and it never drone. road trip from 1200 ft above sea level to flagstaff 7000 ft, no drone. i know what drone is, use to have a mustang with the wrong cat back. so any one that has drone has exhaust leak PERIOD. under cruising, i don't even hear the exhaust, all i hear is the tire noise. that is how quite it is when at cruising speed.
STEVE41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #34
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGmonster View Post
My muffler delete on my 2017 1ss without NPP drones really bad between 1900-2300 RPM. It doesn't drone when I am cruising, just when the RPM's are in that range which is usually when accelerating normally as the 8 speed auto shifts within that range.

Do any of you know what the Borla Atak axle back sounds like compared to a muffler delete? Is it a little bit quieter on the cold start? Does it get rid of the awful drone? I've seen people on here say that Borla doesn't drone, but many people also said the muffler delete doesn't drone when it definitely does.

Anyone heard both and can compare? People that installed the borla, did you see how it sounded with no muffler before you put the axle back on?
May want to look into a J-pipe/Helmholtz resonator. There's also Augers you can throw in too. Otehrwise the Atak is known not to drone if you have the money to blow.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #35
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have flowmaster outlaw, the drone 1500 to 2500 is most annoying, I've only had them a week and I am already looking for a replacement, cannot stand the drone.
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #36
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
I have flowmaster outlaw, the drone 1500 to 2500 is most annoying, I've only had them a week and I am already looking for a replacement, cannot stand the drone.
Really? is it the NPP version or dual tip outlaw axleback? I've been inside cars with magnaflow competition and flowmaster american thunder axlebacks, and the flowmaster didn't have any drone compared to the incessant vibrating the magnaflows caused inside the cabin.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #37
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
Well shit I was looking at those too. Is there any particular RPM it drones at the most? I'd image a J-pipe would fix it since straight pipe builds are doing fine.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #38
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Well shit I was looking at those too. Is there any particular RPM it drones at the most? I'd image a J-pipe would fix it since straight pipe builds are doing fine.
Everyone's sensitivity to drone is different, but if you want truly drone free, consider Borla. But... like i've mentioned, i've been inside my friend's car several times, and he's running the NPP flowmaster axleback and there was no drone that i noticed. Nothing on the inside was vibrating itself apart, no annoying hum, or anything else that i know of as drone. If anything, compared to stock, the interior resonance is actually less than with the stock suitcase muffler.

still a small amount of sound inside from the flowmaster, its definitely not as quiet and civil inside as borla, but by no means what i would call drone.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #39
SomeGeoffGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE41 View Post
my is auto and it never drone. road trip from 1200 ft above sea level to flagstaff 7000 ft, no drone. i know what drone is, use to have a mustang with the wrong cat back. so any one that has drone has exhaust leak PERIOD. under cruising, i don't even hear the exhaust, all i hear is the tire noise. that is how quite it is when at cruising speed.
OK, yea, my bad. Let me retract. Delete your muffler for quiet cruising with zero drone. I don't know what I was thinking!?!?

-Geoff
Old 05-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #40
STEVE41

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
OK, yea, my bad. Let me retract. Delete your muffler for quiet cruising with zero drone. I don't know what I was thinking!?!?

-Geoff
you were not thinking, or speaking with no experience of muffler delete with the LT1. it isn't like i am the only one that is claiming there is no drone with muffler delete or claiming the car is quite during cruising. did we all made up these lies?
STEVE41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #41
SomeGeoffGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE41 View Post
you were not thinking, or speaking with no experience of muffler delete with the LT1. it isn't like i am the only one that is claiming there is no drone with muffler delete or claiming the car is quite during cruising. did we all made up these lies?
Why are you arguing with me when I am agreeing with you?

-Geoff
Old 05-07-2018, 06:53 AM   #42
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Why are you arguing with me when I am agreeing with you?

-Geoff

🤣

Stop trolling him Geoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote