Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #141
wheelio
Banned

Drives: camaro v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
This thread just screams with how "adults" can be arguing with teenagers about their lives to gain nothing.

And that is coming from a 19 year old college kid.
LOL do u go 2 FSU?
wheelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #142
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Camaro5 thread + post that mentions young aged Camaro owner (especially if parents contributed towards car is mentioned) = Thread that goes downhill quickly.

OP- Like many have said: Park it in the safest place possible, be nice to others, don't try and attract attention in it and don't talk about it at school, and maybe add a camera as a deterrent. I don't think there is anything you can do to 100% prevent damage, but at least those things will reduce the odds a bit.

And ask your parents for a CAI from Cold Air Inductions Inc. for Christmas, that Camaro needs to breathe!

Enjoy the Camaro and be safe
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #143
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
Lol. Your probably gonna get keyed for being a spoiled little brat. You should have asked for something sensible for your birthday. Then you wouldn't have to be worried for looking like a spoiled little bi*ch.
It sounds like you're jealous because your first car was a POS beater. Leave the kid alone.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #144
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
alright lets bring this thread back to actual advice, I drove a nice car through last 2 years high school and never had problems, here is what worked for me:

1) Do not make any enemies, I had 0 serious enemies through high school
2) Be the funny guy, I was a funny guy and let just say no one picks on the guy that makes everyone laugh and have fun
3) Don't be an enemy of school officials, become buddy-buddy with them. No matter how "uncool" it may look it will save your @ss if anything does happen
4) No revving the engine or blaring music stupidly. you got a v6 so speed wont be a problem, my escalade sound system was something near 2k watt but I NEVER blasted it near school
5) and Lastly just don't be dumb and flashy, I graduated 5 years ago and still have people I went to school with that had no idea what car I had, I did that on purpose, don't get a big head and you will be just fine.
MichiganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #145
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Park far away and don't drive/or be an asshole. Worked for me. Not one problem.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #146
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by er0senn1n View Post
I'm 17, gonna be a Junior in high school. Gonna be driving to school, there's gonna be some haters obviously, so what can I do to prevent any harm done to my car? Add go pro's?
Don't be a d**k and act like you're better than anyone else.

Don't knock someone else's car/"beater". Maybe that's probably all they could afford since mommy and daddy couldn't/wouldn't buy them a Camaro.

Don't let your friends drive it. That's the fastest way to a totalled car.

Do give lots and lots of rides so others can experience the Camaro and give it respect. More respect equals better protection in parking lots.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #147
Panther009

Drives: 2012 camaro 6.2 supercharged
Don't be a dick !
Panther009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #148
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Yes this is pointless to argue about age. School isnt just about a diploma. It also represents responsibility. For those of us that were responsible enough to stay in school, we should be allowed to have something nice if our parents let us. End of story. Be glad for the OP, that's all I am saying.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #149
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
alright lets bring this thread back to actual advice, I drove a nice car through last 2 years high school and never had problems, here is what worked for me:

1) Do not make any enemies, I had 0 serious enemies through high school
2) Be the funny guy, I was a funny guy and let just say no one picks on the guy that makes everyone laugh and have fun
3) Don't be an enemy of school officials, become buddy-buddy with them. No matter how "uncool" it may look it will save your @ss if anything does happen
4) No revving the engine or blaring music stupidly. you got a v6 so speed wont be a problem, my escalade sound system was something near 2k watt but I NEVER blasted it near school
5) and Lastly just don't be dumb and flashy, I graduated 5 years ago and still have people I went to school with that had no idea what car I had, I did that on purpose, don't get a big head and you will be just fine.
This just about sums it up! Nice write up. Let's close this thread and get back to better things.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #150
Khmero215

Drives: Victory Red 2SS
I'd park a block away from the school n walk the rest of the way
Khmero215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #151
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would probably walk up to the biggest, largest, most respected football playing senior and beat the living hell out of him. You already bought a camaro! I know your not afraid to make a statement!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #152
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
It sounds like you're jealous because your first car was a POS beater. Leave the kid alone.
My first car was the car I wanted. A 1991 eclipse GSX. I bought and fixed up with my own money and skill.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #153
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
Settle the **** down, I read his post and it didn't seem like he was being a douche at all. Don't accuse people of being a douche, douche.
I Wasn't accusing him or anyone. Just saying that's how you don't get people to mess with your stuff.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #154
Stud

Drives: 2012 1LT RS RY
I'm a senior this year but I've had my car since sophomore year. As long as you haven't made any enemies in the past, everybody should respect you and your car. Be humble and gracious about your car; don't go around flaunting it. I've never had any problems and hopefully you won't either.