Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #43
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
so does it limit it to 2500 songs on the newer ipods.....i know it does on my zune....just a little confused on the indexing.
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #44
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risquee View Post
The link doesn't seem to be working. Can you repost it please?
Something very strange happened where the forum software converted some of my regular " marks to a similar but different ascii character. Very odd.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #45
Risquee
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformer SE
Thanks!
Purchase Date: 6/4/2010
Risquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #46
mikejr214

Drives: sliver 2ss
I have the same problem as stormyone!!!! Someone please help! his messasge reads:....

Just curious... my phone (HTC HD2) easily paired with the car's bluetooth system allowing me to do the hands free thing... here is the problem, when the phone rings, if I try to answer it using the menu/select knob I can't. I also cannot answer the phone using the button on the steering wheel.... I can answer the phone if I actually answer the call via the phone BUT it continues to ring through the car's bluetooth system even when the connection has been made and I am holding a conversation. I can only end the call using the button on the mirror..... is that weird or what?
mikejr214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #47
Katts-SS
Katt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm having a problem with my iphone 3g/bluetooth in my Camaro. When I receive or make a call I can barely hear the other person for first (maybe a minute...........give or take seconds). When I first got my 2 SS this problem did not exist. Very aggravating straining to hear. When you can start to hear the conversation the level gets loud. I have to turn it down. (It may be because I had to turn up volumn when I first started talking).
Anyone have this problem? Any solutions?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Katts-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #48
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Question, can I sync my env touch verizone cell phone to the usb to make phone calls are dose it all work through onstar.

If it dose, how is everone here syncing there phone through the bluetooth?

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #49
Zophet

Drives: Opel
Send a message via Skype™ to Zophet
Who is the manufacturer of the head unit? Is it at least possible to hack it in order to receive even frequencies, and not just odd ones?
Zophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #50
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
ok my cars radio is all screwed up when it comes to the radio, usb and/or ipod. some times the ipod/usb disconnects itself and i have to unplug it and plug it back in. or sometimes when changing songs it will change songs but the previous song stays on the screen, or when im looking through my ipod info its all screwy...like if im looking through my different playlist titles it will have 2 playlist names and then a list of songs, or when looking at song titles it will show different artist name and not songs...basically not showing what its supposed to...and for a lil while when i changed songs it would make a sound as if a cd was in there skipping then go to the next song, and also it wouldnt connect with my ipod for a few days even when unplugging it and plugging it back in it still didnt work. i have an ipod touch that i bought about 6 months ago so its new. before that i was using the thumbstick flash memory and the same shit happened...

i heard about this update but i took it to my dealer and they said they updated it but its still doing it...im getting mad and about to tell them to replace my whole radio/multimedia unit!

what should i do? is the latest version CE? should i go there and tell them thats what i want? are they gonna know what im talking about? sometimes it seems i know more about the car then they do because of this website......

Last edited by NightmareSS; 09-03-2010 at 07:45 PM.
NightmareSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #51
wjmeyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS, 2LT
I'm having trouble "Store"ing a 10-digit (long-distance) number in bluetooth in my 2011 Camaro 2LT, it cuts me off after saying 7 digits. Does anyone know how to store a 10-digit phone number?

Update - I figured it out, say a 1 before the 10-digit no. (this is somewhat strange since a 1 is not necessary when dialing a cell phone, but whatever works).

Last edited by wjmeyer; 09-24-2010 at 11:40 AM.
wjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #52
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I have the 1ss without the usb connection. I want to use my ipod, so how do I accomplish this? Do I need to purchase the PDIM? I saw steering wheel controls on a website and was wondering how difficult this addition would be? Any help would be appreciated.
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #53
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
I have the 1ss without the usb connection. I want to use my ipod, so how do I accomplish this? Do I need to purchase the PDIM? I saw steering wheel controls on a website and was wondering how difficult this addition would be? Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, you need to purchase the PDIM.

You have two options, either install the PDIM yourself or have the dealer do it.

In both cases the dealer will need to "program" your radio to recognize the PDIM.

Here is the DIY thread for installing the PDIM http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77662

Here is the thread for installing the steering wheel controls (which also need to be programed by the dealer) http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73511
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #54
ITGuy11
Burning up tires

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I just got word back this morning that NEW PDIM parts are available, and stock available at Service Parts. No service bulletin number was sent, but here is the part number for the new PDIM:

PDIM(Multi-Media Interface Module): 20985421

I'll see if I can do some searching around, maybe there is a service bulletin listed somewhere for it.
Can we purchase the new PDIM hardware and swap with the old unit. Or does the radio/bcm need to be updated as well?
ITGuy11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #55
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGuy11 View Post
Can we purchase the new PDIM hardware and swap with the old unit. Or does the radio/bcm need to be updated as well?
I think the new unit may will need to be programmed. If you have problems with the PDIM(radio screen freezes, steering wheel controls lock up, ipod disconnects etc) take it to the dealership and have them replace it under warranty.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #56
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Hi guys,

We have a common problem here with Onstar in the Middle East. Its not working so we cant use the hands free phone controls at all.

Is there a way to make it work, I mean GM has charged us for something that doesnt work !!