Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #29
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
lol I'm back, R/T lost I figure, cant wate to see the gxp at the track one day, now what if it when up aganist the M45 and an old Marauder who else... M3 sedan
C&D preferred everything about the Pontiac except for the interior and exterior. the R/T buckets look alot more supportive for the track than the G8's do, and they said the Charger just has a more aggressive road presence. I agree with C&D on that notion, but the G8 is growing on me... It will have a tough time when the new HEMI come out...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #30
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
So is this like car insurance but for you as a driver? If you get a ticket they will pay it for you AND pay your increased premiums for auto insurance?

I don't speed*, but I don't understand what service they are selling at a monthly charge.

*yet...
That's exactly what it is. You are allowed 7 moving violations a year with the insurance (it doesn't cover parking tickets and non-moving violations).

The insurance will pay both the ticket AND the insurance premium caused by it.

They say MOST of their customers never get a ticket, that's why they can afford to pay the ones that do. People pay for it 'just in case'.

At the moment I'm not worried about tickets. But when I get a new Camaro... I may have a little more to worry about and will look into the insurance.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #31
qualitywah
Corvette Guy

Drives: 07 Corvette Z51
i bet if you go the g8 tune it could produce more hp. i bet they come detuned fromt he factory???? id through on some exhaust and maybe new intake and be
Old 04-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #32
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by qualitywah View Post
i bet if you go the g8 tune it could produce more hp. i bet they come detuned fromt he factory???? id through on some exhaust and maybe new intake and be
The only reason the G8 GT is below 400HP is because they didnt want buyers to freak over Gas guzzler tax, remember most powerful car under $30k beat the bmw
5 series, why not the tax too, cant say the same for the GXP though

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
A tune and some premium Gasoline should get you ~40 more Horses out of the L76 in the G8, believe it or not...
Old 05-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #34
LS9CamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
A tune and some premium Gasoline should get you ~40 more Horses out of the L76 in the G8, believe it or not...
Dragon do you think that the new HEMI will push GM to increase the power of the L76?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:18 AM   #35
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
the g8 is a real good car and looks a lot better i think then the charger my pick g8
Old 05-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #36
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
That's exactly what it is. You are allowed 7 moving violations a year with the insurance (it doesn't cover parking tickets and non-moving violations).

The insurance will pay both the ticket AND the insurance premium caused by it.

They say MOST of their customers never get a ticket, that's why they can afford to pay the ones that do. People pay for it 'just in case'.

At the moment I'm not worried about tickets. But when I get a new Camaro... I may have a little more to worry about and will look into the insurance.
That sounds amazing. Do they pay the premium until the point is gone so long as you still have their service? Do they pay for traffic school if you choose to do that instead of the ticket/point on your license?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #37
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Dragon do you think that the new HEMI will push GM to increase the power of the L76?
if you're asking my opinion? No, I don't think it will. But if they do increase it's output of the L76 - it will only be by a little bit; not much.

The G8 slaughtered the Charger...it's going to take more than a new engine to change that, imho.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #38
LS9CamaroSS

Quote:
if you're asking my opinion? No, I don't think it will. But if they do increase it's output of the L76 - it will only be by a little bit; not much.

The G8 slaughtered the Charger...it's going to take more than a new engine to change that, imho.
Thats true, But it is going to be a 6.4L V8... dodge knows how to get big power out of their engines. If the power gets the G8 the G8 will only have the handling to rely on against the Charger. I know it feels better and all... But if it doesn't Kick the Charger's ass in the Straight line performance people might start going to the Charger again... I don't want to see the G8 come in 2nd in the next Comparo C&D does...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #39
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Thats true, But it is going to be a 6.4L V8... dodge knows how to get big power out of their engines. If the power gets the G8 the G8 will only have the handling to rely on against the Charger. I know it feels better and all... But if it doesn't Kick the Charger's ass in the Straight line performance people might start going to the Charger again... I don't want to see the G8 come in 2nd in the next Comparo C&D does...
OH! THAT Hemi? Dang, no: that's what the LS3+ engines are for! Forget the L76...
I thought you were talking about the newer 5.7!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #40
LS9CamaroSS

Quote:
OH! THAT Hemi? Dang, no: that's what the LS3+ engines are for! Forget the L76...
I thought you were talking about the newer 5.7!
Ok. never mind i got my engines confused... I was talking about the 5.7 but i didn't realize the 5.7 was only getting a 20 hp out put gain... the G8 will still kick the r/t's ass with the new 5.7... I wanna see the GXP vs. SRT8 comparo... that'll be a sick Comparo...
Old 05-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #41
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
That sounds amazing. Do they pay the premium until the point is gone so long as you still have their service? Do they pay for traffic school if you choose to do that instead of the ticket/point on your license?
I haven't researched it that thoroughly yet actually. But it's worth looking into.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote