Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #1387
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
My staging snafu was still caught on video though.
Ha, Sherry's camera catches you both at your best and, well....

We had a blast hanging out with you and Bonnie. From the Heart Attack Grille to Buffalo Wild Wings to the Fest itself. You guys are great and we had fun.

Your Camaro ran great (once you actually staged...lol) Hope you weren't too hot in that suit.

I am sure we will see you way before the next Fest.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #1388
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
The best part was how excited Bonnie was when you won...

POST THE TIME SLIP... if it's not in a frame by now...
Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #1389
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ha, Sherry's camera catches you both at your best and, well....

We had a blast hanging out with you and Bonnie. From the Heart Attack Grille to Buffalo Wild Wings to the Fest itself. You guys are great and we had fun.

Your Camaro ran great (once you actually staged...lol) Hope you weren't too hot in that suit.

I am sure we will see you way before the next Fest.
It was a blast. Boy, we can put away some food.

Oh, and you can do some seriously mean u-turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
The best part was how excited Bonnie was when you won...

POST THE TIME SLIP... if it's not in a frame by now...
Ooooo...... Time slip coming. Stay tuned.

Name:  scan0001.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  66.3 KB
Old 04-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #1390
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
It was a blast. Boy, we can put away some food.

Oh, and you can do some seriously mean u-turns.

Ooooo...... Time slip coming. Stay tuned.

Ha, yeah U-Turns-R-Us....

Post that slip.

R/T .591 or so ?
60 ' 1.997 or so?
1/4 mile 12.43/12.44 ?
speed 113/115?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #1391
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
GAH!

I forgot...

I'll upload the video of Chris "forgetting to take out his keys before putting on his fire suit" later on tonight when I get home....LMAO!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #1392
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT

OK so very sorry I haven't been on much since I left for AZ..

The pics and vids are awesome... I hope everyone can see that best part of this whole thing for me (especially now that I lost ) was the months of harassing Randy right up until the end.

I can't begin to express how all the hard work we put into this event is completely overcast by the handshakes and smiles and pats on the back from everyone I met at the fest. Ant this was a great way for me to finish it off. Hats off to Randy... He did exactly what he needed to do to win...

Randy and I and the others that were there discussed the race a bit... we think that, as the cars were raced, I could beat him one out of 3 times. But damn, I'd have to be perfect I think I could have been much better if we had made more runs but so would Randy.

From my view the race went like this...

We get suited up... get in the cars.... I'm feeling pretty cool in my racing suit...

Start the cars... Man I love the way these cars sound.. We pull up the the staging lanes and I realize just how hard my chest is pounding... and I start thinking... OK dude, calm down... be smoooth... just be smooth... I take a quick look over my right shoulder to see Randy's car... or should I say the 18" DR's.... And my chest starts thumping all over again.. Now I'm saying... OK dude, Calm down... be peerrrfect... just be perfect...

So we're then directed to the starting line.. we make the right hand turn, randy hits the water box and does a burnout... meanwhile I drive around the box and just blip the gas to knock the dust off.

I finally look down the track and there it is... 1/4 mile of pure adrenaline... and it kinda gets quiet....

Then I hear this voice in my head... "STAGE DUMBASS!!!" So I figure I'm gonna mess with PQ's head right to the end... and stage first... But! I accidentally quick staged (drove into both staging lights instead of the just the first, wait for Randy, then hit the second lights).... See... I was a little distracted by the fact that Randy was stopped a few feet behind the staging lights.... So I accidentally rolled into the second lights..... So, I bring the RPM's up to right at 2k... and I wait.... and wait.... and wait.... and wait.... I look up at the tree to see Randy isn't staging.... so I get off the gas... and look to my right to see..... Randy getting a lesson in staging...

So much for staging first... that little head game backfired on me...

So know we're.... Finally staged... RPM's up... watching the tree.....

yellow...

yellow...

ye...

GO! I release the clutch and try not to floor it... Yes! I tree'd him.... wait! why is he driving around me??? I knew at that point I was spinning just enough to let him get by me... So I short shifted second by about 500 rpms, got a little more slip but I was off... and pulling like a train...

Now... either shortly before of shortly after I hit second... I see Randy's car squat and just flat go... and I mean GO! like now... at that point I knew I was most likely gonna run out of track.. but I was gonna make it as close as I could... I grab 3rd and I'm gaining... he's about a car and a half on me and I'm reeling him in... I look to see the finish and it becomes obvious that he's got me... I stayed in 3rd just a little too long and grabbed 4th too late catching the rev limiter, hitting 4th and loosing valuable mph and crossed the line close to his rear bumper...

He beat me and I couldn't be happier..

I could see him smiling through his helmet and I'm sure he could see me grinning as well.

I respectfully let him pass me as we were headed back to the start line where everyone else was smiling and pointing clapping giving us the It was pretty damn cool.

Bottom line... If you guys think this thread is really about L99 vs LS3 your missing the point. This is a grudge race between friends who will talk about this for the rest of our lives....

And the fact that we've been able to share it with all of you... Is quite simply, too damn cool.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #1393
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

OK so very sorry I haven't been on much since I left for AZ..

The pics and vids are awesome... I hope everyone can see that best part of this whole thing for me (especially now that I lost ) was the months of harassing Randy right up until the end.

I can't begin to express how all the hard work we put into this event is completely overcast by the handshakes and smiles and pats on the back from everyone I met at the fest. Ant this was a great way for me to finish it off. Hats off to Randy... He did exactly what he needed to do to win...

Randy and I and the others that were there discussed the race a bit... we think that, as the cars were raced, I could beat him one out of 3 times. But damn, I'd have to be perfect I think I could have been much better if we had made more runs but so would Randy.

From my view the race went like this...

We get suited up... get in the cars.... I'm feeling pretty cool in my racing suit...

Start the cars... Man I love the way these cars sound.. We pull up the the staging lanes and I realize just how hard my chest is pounding... and I start thinking... OK dude, calm down... be smoooth... just be smooth... I take a quick look over my right shoulder to see Randy's car... or should I say the 18" DR's.... And my chest starts thumping all over again.. Now I'm saying... OK dude, Calm down... be peerrrfect... just be perfect...

So we're then directed to the starting line.. we make the right hand turn, randy hits the water box and does a burnout... meanwhile I drive around the box and just blip the gas to knock the dust off.

I finally look down the track and there it is... 1/4 mile of pure adrenaline... and it kinda gets quiet....

Then I hear this voice in my head... "STAGE DUMBASS!!!" So I figure I'm gonna mess with PQ's head right to the end... and stage first... But! I accidentally quick staged (drove into both staging lights instead of the just the first, wait for Randy, then hit the second lights).... See... I was a little distracted by the fact that Randy was stopped a few feet behind the staging lights.... So I accidentally rolled into the second lights..... So, I bring the RPM's up to right at 2k... and I wait.... and wait.... and wait.... and wait.... I look up at the tree to see Randy isn't staging.... so I get off the gas... and look to my right to see..... Randy getting a lesson in staging...

So much for staging first... that little head game backfired on me...

So know we're.... Finally staged... RPM's up... watching the tree.....

yellow...

yellow...

ye...

GO! I release the clutch and try not to floor it... Yes! I tree'd him.... wait! why is he driving around me??? I knew at that point I was spinning just enough to let him get by me... So I short shifted second by about 500 rpms, got a little more slip but I was off... and pulling like a train...

Now... either shortly before of shortly after I hit second... I see Randy's car squat and just flat go... and I mean GO! like now... at that point I knew I was most likely gonna run out of track.. but I was gonna make it as close as I could... I grab 3rd and I'm gaining... he's about a car and a half on me and I'm reeling him in... I look to see the finish and it becomes obvious that he's got me... I stayed in 3rd just a little too long and grabbed 4th too late catching the rev limiter, hitting 4th and loosing valuable mph and crossed the line close to his rear bumper...

He beat me and I couldn't be happier..

I could see him smiling through his helmet and I'm sure he could see me grinning as well.

I respectfully let him pass me as we were headed back to the start line where everyone else was smiling and pointing clapping giving us the It was pretty damn cool.

Bottom line... If you guys think this thread is really about L99 vs LS3 your missing the point. This is a grudge race between friends who will talk about this for the rest of our lives....

And the fact that we've been able to share it with all of you... Is quite simply, too damn cool.

It was cool being able to be a part of your grudge match with the trash talking and the threats of pink tu tus. Congrats on the great run Chris and for being a stand up guy.

By the way, it was great meeting you Thursday night.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #1394
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
GTA!
So glad you are back among us and shared that story.

I so want to try this someday. I can't imagine the adrenaline rush!

I'm very proud of both of you guys for making this happen and letting us share it - either there or from home (like me).

This was awesome!

This was by far my favorite part of C5FII... and I wasn't even in Arizona!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #1395
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post

It was cool being able to be a part of your grudge match with the trash talking and the threats of pink tu tus. Congrats on the great run Chris and for being a stand up guy.

By the way, it was great meeting you Thursday night.
absolutely, I wish I had more time to hang out.

Very glad I ran in to you that night!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #1396
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
It really was a great event and the C5 Mods made it happen. They deserve a huge

THANK YOU!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #1397
speedster
SST...

Quote:

We could see you both grinning, hence the return road pic !

Absolutely what makes Camaro Fest so special !!!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #1398
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
GTA!

I'm very proud of both of you guys for making this happen and letting us share it - either there or from home (like me).

This was awesome!

It is a complete adrenaline rush, and I'm completely hooked. We didn't get a chance to do the rest of the team L99/LS3 grudge matches, but the outcome would've been the same as Chris and Randy's.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #1399
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
absolutely, I wish I had more time to hang out.

Very glad I ran in to you that night!

I understand completely because I know how ridiculously busy you were.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #1400
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
GTA!

This was awesome!

You are very welcome. Start making plans now... NO excuses young lady...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It really was a great event and the C5 Mods made it happen. They deserve a huge

THANK YOU!
Pete, you Sir, Are more than welcome and stood right with me, battle weary, all weekend with the autoX and all the hoops we had to jump through.

I'd go to war with you any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Absolutely what makes Camaro Fest so special !!!

Agreed. it really is more about the group of guys and gals than anything else.

You know... I was thinking about this... I think this year was great... but...

It felt a little to formal to me... almost corporate... We need to do a better job next year of capturing the community aspect of Camaro5...

I've been given some great ideas from our sponsors and from spectators on how to make it better...

But take nothing away from this year... My view is everyone had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
It is a complete adrenaline rush, and I'm completely hooked. We didn't get a chance to do the rest of the team L99/LS3 grudge matches, but the outcome would've been the same as Chris and Randy's.
It was great to finally meet you Russ. I'm glad we got the details with the track sorted out.

I hope owen wasn't too dissapointed with the track. I know he helped a bunch of people. Please pass on my thanks.

Tags
competition and good buds!, frodo likey, gta cheated, gta is a bully, pink tutu 4 chris, pq cheated, this is a tough thread