Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Dealer hitting me with price increase despite ordering 10/13

So my dealer calls me and says my car has shipped and will be in this week. Being very excited and asking questions, I wanted to know exactly what the sticker price is. He says $36,585. When I did my calculations, I came to $35,8xx so I found this to be a little peculiar. We talked for a few minutes about what it could be and I asked if they have an upcharge for IOM. He said yes, $325. I then asked for the CGM stripe cost and he said $470. I mentioned that when I ordered the paint was no charge and the stripes were only $340 as they were being installed at the factory. I told him that since my car was an early order (RP6) that I should not be getting charged the new price. He said that GM has said they are billing at the new price now regardless. I asked if my sticker even shows "early order" and he said no. I did make a change to the interior in Feb and had to add the RS package back on once I found out it had been removed from the interior change. This was mid April. Does anyone know if he is telling me the truth? This really ticks me off cause I really don't think I should have to pay this extra $500. Before anyone tells me my math doesn't add up, I had forgotten about the car cover so that adds another $340(?) to the price.

Last edited by Foster26; 05-26-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
I understand principal but after that long of a wait is 800 dollars really worth the grief??
Thats only 8 dollars a month just enjoy the ride even if they will not honor the R6P...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
I think your dealer is just trying to get you for a little extra profit. You included destination, etc.?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
So my dealer calls me and says my car has shipped and will be in this week. Being very excited and asking questions, I wanted to know exactly what the sticker price is. He says $36,585. When I did my calculations, I came to $35,8xx so I found this to be a little peculiar. We talked for a few minutes about what it could be and I asked if they have an upcharge for IOM. He said yes, $325. I then asked for the CGM stripe cost and he said $470. I mentioned that when I ordered the paint was no charge and the stripes were only $340 as they were being installed at the dealer. I told him that since my car was an early order (RP6) that I should not be getting charged the new price. He said that GM has said they are billing at the new price now regardless. I asked if my sticker even shows "early order" and he said no. I did make a change to the interior in Feb and had to add the RS package back on once I found out it had been removed from the interior change. This was mid April. Does anyone know if he is telling me the truth? This really ticks me off cause I really don't think I should have to pay this extra $500. Before anyone tells me my math doesn't add up, I had forgotten about the car cover so that adds another $340(?) to the price.
If it was me, I'd give him the $500 in a heartbeat. There are many that are being hit with $5,000 markups.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
its a big deal if he has only so much to put down and his loan check is for a specific amount
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Who are you doing financing thru? Complain to them. They should have your original customer Purchase order from the dealer with the original price agreed upon.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
He is full of SH**, your price was locked in when you preorder. I'd call customer service... My dealer cut me a check for $45 because they over charged me. Sounds like your dealer is trying to take you for some easy money.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Interesting that the R6P now doesn't show... that just doesn't add up. This feels like your dealer sold your early order out from under you, and then put in another order to cover yours. I dunno, color me cynical but I confirmed the following w/my dealer this morning... (a) that I am paying MSRP, and (b) my options add-up correctly, i.e., we verified the price that MSRP represents, and (c) they aren't doing anything but slapping an inspection sticker on it (I'll handy any make ready, thank you very much). I also have a print out of my invoice (form their workbench, that they gave me) that confirms the price and the R6P.

So, tell me why your dealer would be unique in this regard? My thought, again, they aren't unique at all... they're scr*wing you. JMHO of course.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
Foster26

some of you are missing the point. It is not about the extra money, well it is but it isn't. I really want to know if anyone else is having to pay this new price if they ordered before 4/1, when the price increase took affect. If my dealer is trying to squeeze a little more profit and telling me some BS to do it, that really irks me too. I don't think anyone wants to pay more than they originally agreed to regardless of when the car comes in. I am really worried sick about whether the paint on the bumper is going to match and would be even more disappointed to know I had to pay an extra $325 for that color.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Here is the deal - your order went in with the early order group. The MSRP stickers are all printed with the CURRENT pricing at time of production. The dealer will be given a credit for the difference in price as part of his "hold back". The price protection is for the dealer's cost.

Think of it this way - if you negotiated an explicit exact dollar price when you early ordered, the dealer will be compensated for the difference so your explicit price would remain as-negotiated and the dealer's profit would remain the same.

If you have an agreement for "MSRP" then you have some difficulty. The MSRP will be printed on the sticker and the dealer might ask you to pay it. He will get a little extra margin that way because of the price increase credit he will recieve after the sale is completed. Not fair but I can see it happening.

You should tell him that you should be price protected and that you know he is getting the credit. That might give you a fighting chance.

Hope this helps,

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
Foster26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Interesting that the R6P now doesn't show... that just doesn't add up. This feels like your dealer sold your early order out from under you, and then put in another order to cover yours. I dunno, color me cynical but I confirmed the following w/my dealer this morning... (a) that I am paying MSRP, and (b) my options add-up correctly, i.e., we verified the price that MSRP represents, and (c) they aren't doing anything but slapping an inspection sticker on it (I'll handy any make ready, thank you very much). I also have a print out of my invoice (form their workbench, that they gave me) that confirms the price and the R6P.

So, tell me why your dealer would be unique in this regard? My thought, again, they aren't unique at all... they're scr*wing you. JMHO of course.
I would find it hard to believe they sold my order and have ordered me a replacement since it will be here this week already. I really wonder if the change to the order after 4/1 caused the R6P to go away.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
...You should tell him that you should be price protected and that you know he is getting the credit. That might give you a fighting chance...
I like this advice. Good stuff.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
some of you are missing the point. It is not about the extra money, well it is but it isn't. I really want to know if anyone else is having to pay this new price if they ordered before 4/1, when the price increase took affect. If my dealer is trying to squeeze a little more profit and telling me some BS to do it, that really irks me too. I don't think anyone wants to pay more than they originally agreed to regardless of when the car comes in. I am really worried sick about whether the paint on the bumper is going to match and would be even more disappointed to know I had to pay an extra $325 for that color.
Who did you financing thru. Call your Credit union or bank and they will play hardball for you.

GMAC is not GM so you can call them too and complain. They are an outside bank.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
Number_9

Quote:
I would find it hard to believe they sold my order and have ordered me a replacement since it will be here this week already. I really wonder if the change to the order after 4/1 caused the R6P to go away.
I have heard about changes to the order dropping things like RS upgrades, but not the R6P... I could be wrong here of course.