Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #211
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinematic11 View Post
Well, i just read all 15 pages of this post, and read most of the links to other post as well. including the forza kit. and all the mods that include splicing wires. I purchased the car used, and it came with a mild2wild installed, as i pulled the carpet back to see if the previous owner pulled the fuse and walllah! there sits a mild2wild installed.

problem, there is no remote control with the car when i purchased it form a dealer.

so, ? is, how do i use this unit?

it is supposed to be a remote control unit, and i do not have the remote. i have no idea what position it is in either?

easy option is just to remove it and "do the fuse pull' and just be loud all the time

any idea of any remotes to get and program to the unit?

thanks

David

2013 Black 1LE
The Mild 2 Wild unit normally comes with two remotes that transmit at 315MHz or so. The problem you are going to have is that you will be unlikely to purchase a 315MHz remote and expect it operate the mild 2 wild switch.

You can try to contract mild 2 wild and see if they can help you.

Here is what else you can do ... mild 2 wild merely resells the off-the-shelf Logisys RM-01 wireless switch.

They throw in a fuse tap and call it done. You can get the RM01 switch on Amazon. Just buy this switch with two remotes. The included remotes might just work on your existing mild to wild, but if not, you can replace your entire mild 2 wild ... just re-use the fuse tap. Match the wires up by color and you will be set.

https://www.amazon.com/Logisys-RM01-...ds=rm01+switch

If you want more flexibility and reliability, I invite you to mosey over and examine the Forza Controllers

http://www.forzacomponenti.com/index.html

Regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #212
kinematic11
patiently waiting my turn

Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
ok, i found the solution

I just pulled the fuse.

well, really I pulled the Mild 2 wild out of the trunk, which, in effect, was the same as pulling the fuse, as when i purchased the car it did not come with the remotes, and the company that makes it cannot sell me replacement remotes.

Wow! What a difference. It really pops and gurgles on deceleration now, I mean really! It is truly the exhaust I wanted form the beginning. Who needs a mustang? This is way better! It is just loud enough.

The guy that owns forza sent me a message and told me to get some amazon part, but, I would rather have the loudness of it pulled all the time.

by the way, to replace the mild 2 wild back to original, it uses a 20amp fuse, back into where the radio slot was.

David
1984 trans am
kinematic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #213
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinematic11 View Post
I just pulled the fuse.

well, really I pulled the Mild 2 wild out of the trunk, which, in effect, was the same as pulling the fuse, as when i purchased the car it did not come with the remotes, and the company that makes it cannot sell me replacement remotes.

Wow! What a difference. It really pops and gurgles on deceleration now, I mean really! It is truly the exhaust I wanted form the beginning. Who needs a mustang? This is way better! It is just loud enough.

The guy that owns forza sent me a message and told me to get some amazon part, but, I would rather have the loudness of it pulled all the time.

by the way, to replace the mild 2 wild back to original, it uses a 20amp fuse, back into where the radio slot was.

David
Hi David,

I always recommend, when asked, that people try to just remove the exhaust flapper fuse first before spending money on a controller. Frequently, just like you, they are just happy as can be without being concerned with the valves ever closing. Sounds like (pun intended) that you are pretty pleased with the way the car is without the valves opening and closing. So you are good to go.

Best regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #214
Jayk82

Drives: 2013 M6 ZL1 Black
Thank you!

Many thanks for this in-depth how to thread. I just received my 2013 ZL1 and this was the very first thing I’ve done to it. Now let the mods begin!
Jayk82 is offline   Reply With Quote