Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > ZL1 Parts

Old 06-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
forespeed

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible ZL1
Set of 4 wheels and tires from my 2013 ZL1

I totaled the car on 5/25 but these wheels and tires were not on the car at that time. I had a set of SS wheels and tires I bought for winter storage that were still on the car. These ZL1 wheels/tires are silver, mounted/balanced with tpms. (no lug nuts) They have 4k miles on them.
I'm looking for $2000 or best offer so just tell me what you will pay and I will sell to first decent offer.
I have not checked on shipping but I travel quite a bit and anyplace east of the Mississippi including Canada is a possibility.

I have uploaded pics of the wheels/tires. You will see there is a very small spot of curb rash on one of the wheels. I took a pic of half of the wheel in order to show how small it is. My son in law recently had a set of SSR wheels repaired for curb rash and it was very reasonable and the results were great.
Attached Images

Last edited by forespeed; 06-16-2015 at 04:55 PM.
forespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
forespeed

Matched original set

TTT
Old 06-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
aaaccc10

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Sorry to hear about your car, glad you're ok. Out of curiosity, did the other rims survive the crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaaccc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
forespeed

Set of 4 original matching rims and tires for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaccc10 View Post
Sorry to hear about your car, glad you're ok. Out of curiosity, did the other rims survive the crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These wheels and tires were not on the car when it crashed. I had a set of SS wheels and tires on the car for winter storage and had not switched them yet.
I did not include pics of all 4 wheels and tires but I can send them if anyone is interested. The 3 wheels and tires not shown are in excellent condition with no damage or blemishes.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:32 AM   #5
forespeed

ZL1 wheels and tires

ttt
Old 07-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
forespeed

ttt
Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #7
CITM

Drives: 72 Chevelle
I wondered why this car had the wrong wheels on it. Now it makes sense. Sorry for your loss.

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/2475705...chId=459908787
CITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:07 AM   #8
forespeed

ZL1 salvage sold

The salvaged car sold yesterday by Copart in Flint, MI with the SS wheels for $17k. The Insurance Co. offered to sell me the salvage car for $10k. My loss.

The original wheels and tires are still for sale as they were not on the car at the time of the accident. They continue to be stored in my heat/ac controlled basement with 4k miles.
Make me an offer, shipping is estimated at $250.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #9
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
You wouldn't split up would you????
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #10
forespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
You wouldn't split up would you????
No
Old 08-07-2015, 07:09 AM   #11
CITM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forespeed View Post
The Insurance Co. offered to sell me the salvage car for $10k.
Wow what would have been a heck of a deal. Engine and trans alone are easily $12K-$15K if they weren't damaged.

Yours was pretty banged up so $17K seems about right to maybe slightly high. I've been watching them for a few months on copart and they usually go for low $20k's.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #12
forespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITM View Post
Wow what would have been a heck of a deal. Engine and trans alone are easily $12K-$15K if they weren't damaged.

Yours was pretty banged up so $17K seems about right to maybe slightly high. I've been watching them for a few months on copart and they usually go for low $20k's.
It was a very competitive auction, bidding started at $8900 and the entire auction lasted 60 to 90 sec. They have them scheduled to run one minute apart as near as I could tell. Also, they had both national and international bidders. I do not believe this was an environment I could duplicate on eBay.
I honestly think about $14k is the highest I could have gotten as an individual.
They put a lot of effort into getting the best possible auctions. Years ago I attended several of the local salvage auctions with a friend that owned a body shop. These local auctions got all the insurance cars but the buyers were pretty much limited to the rebuilders and salvage yard owners within a couple hundred mile radius of the auction.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #13
CITM

I know, it's pretty cool how they run those auctions. I bought a zl1 to part out a few months ago through copart (see my thread in this section). The first couple I bid on we
sat through the live bidding, the one I got we just put entered a max price and let it ride.

It has worked out great, in a large part thanks to this forum but I'm not sure I'll buy another one to part out. I may have got lucky as I sold the shell and most of the big (hassle and costly to ship) parts to one guy. It is tempting to buy one to fix and keep though, I just need more garage space!