Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Aaron1121

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Bluetooth Music Streaming Question

I have a question for those who are doing music streaming over bluetooth.....

It has to do with pairing the Bluetooth device.

I've been using my IPhone to stream music over Bluetooth. It works great, except for the fact that if I turn off the car in FM, XM, or CD mode, the phone will not automatically pair via Bluetooth when the car is turned back on. I have to plug in the Iphone to the Aux cable to get the Bluetooth pairing menu to come up, and then manually select the button to re-pair the phone.

If the car is on, I can switch between Bluetooth, XM and FM without an issue.

If I remember to switch off the car while in the Bluetooth mode, it automatically pairs when the phone as soon as the car is started back up.

Has anyone else had the same issue, or figured out a way around this? It is a little annoying to have to dig around for the usb cable just so I can get to the menu to re-pair the phone.
Aaron1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
1962MarkVI

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 2LT/RS
You shouldn't have to reconnect USB every time. Try these steps:

Press CD/Aux button (under display screen)
If no CD is present in player, radio goes to Aux In mode.
Press Menu/Select (center of tuning knob)
Radio enters Bluetooth Setup Menu
Press Menu/Select to Select Device
If your iPhone is paired to the Camaro, it will appear here. If not, you will
need to re-pair phone to car. Select iPhone if it appears.

Sit back and enjoy the tunes!

I have a Motorola Q (Windows Mobile 6.1). I have to re-connect the A2DP each time the car is turned off (to get Bluetooth streaming), but the hands-free profile is automatic. I'm unfamiliar with iPhone in this regard, but assume it is similar. Hope this information helps you!

Wendell
1962MarkVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Aaron1121

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1962MarkVI View Post
You shouldn't have to reconnect USB every time. Try these steps:

Press CD/Aux button (under display screen)
If no CD is present in player, radio goes to Aux In mode.
Press Menu/Select (center of tuning knob)
Radio enters Bluetooth Setup Menu
Press Menu/Select to Select Device
If your iPhone is paired to the Camaro, it will appear here. If not, you will
need to re-pair phone to car. Select iPhone if it appears.

Sit back and enjoy the tunes!

I have a Motorola Q (Windows Mobile 6.1). I have to re-connect the A2DP each time the car is turned off (to get Bluetooth streaming), but the hands-free profile is automatic. I'm unfamiliar with iPhone in this regard, but assume it is similar. Hope this information helps you!

Wendell

Thanks for the info. My car is working the same way, except I have to have a device plugged into the USB port or the Bluetooth/Setup menu will not come up when pressing the Menu/Select in Aux mode.

I was hoping that there would be a trick to make it re-pair with Bluetooth when you turn the car on without having to manually connect it each time.
Aaron1121 is offline   Reply With Quote