Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
wlivingston04

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
BAD WEEKEND....hit and run damage...plz help!!! (pics inside)

Hey guys,

Needless to say, I had a pretty terrible weekend. Went to a club, paid 10 bucks to park right outside the club in a parking lot that had 2 attendants. When I come outside I find this crap had been done to my baby!

And of course no parking attendants could be found once it was all said and done. And I called the club the next day and of course they said they dont have any surveillance of the parking lot....

But thats okay, Im over it, enough with the problem and lets work on the solution here...

I purchased the PDR plus plan through my dealership, do you think this type of damage can be fixed by a PDR company??

Or is this a job that will require true body work from a body shop...

There isn't any paint taken off in the damage, its mostly just a deep crease in the bumper.

Also, if this does require a body shop, how much do you think I would have to pay for this....Im trying to avoid going through my insurance company at all cost because my insurance is already sky hight ($200+)....and not to mention I already have a Total Loss on my record when I totaled out my 2009dodge Challenger back in July (also not my fault)....

As you can tell I can't get a break here....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Also, sorry for the bad quality...these are iphone pics- best I could do while at work..)
Attached Images

Last edited by wlivingston04; 01-11-2010 at 10:17 AM.
wlivingston04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Heat it up and push it out from the rear inside. Shouldn't be too bad. Not worth a $500 (or more) deductable.

Sorry about the loss. Might wanna save your money for "next time."

-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
Very sorry to hear about the car! I just got my back this weekend after being in a shop for a month. Two things I can tell you. First before you have any work done make sure that they have the parts on hand!! Second, I had my front bumber cover as they call it replaced. They insurance replacement cost was $357.59. I'm guessing labor and paint are extra. Best of luck to you!
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
I think there is too much damage to simply heat and pop out. Paint is cracked and that opening above it looks messed up too. I'd get it fixed. You'll hate to pay for but you'll regret it forever if you don't.
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Head to the body shop and get an estimate, won't cost you anything. Looks like you got some paint damge on there as well, by the pics it's hard to say if it's just in the clear coat and can be buffed out or if it went all the way to the paint. Either way the body shop will probably tell you that by it getting crumpled like that it cracked the paint under the clear coat. Depending on your insurance company they may not charge you anypoints for the incident since it was a hit-and-run and not your fault. You should only have to pay the Collision deductible as I believe it is covered under the uninsured/underinsured motorist part of your policy. All you can do is call your insurance company and ask.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
wow. that stinks man. makes me so angry that there are people out there that don't care enough to be careful around other people's belongings.

looks like you might be able to just heat it up and push it out from the back man. good luck.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
paintless dent repair is really only for metal parts. This looks like the paint is cracked too. Sorry for your loss. Hope it works out for you.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
wlivingston04

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Thanks for the advice so far....Im going to a body shop after work to get an estimate. (praying it's low)

My deductible for my insurance is $750, so this estimate is pretty much the deciding factor whether or not I'll go through insurance or not.

If this damage is less than a $1000, than I will pay it out-of-pocket, if its more I will have to call it in to my insurance...

So what do you think? <$1000 or >$1000 ???

wlivingston04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
camarorick

Drives: .
You can get a new fascia for $266 from Dave @ Newman ( CamaroScotty ).... A Little paint, and your set..... Don't tell your insurance about this, those blood suckers will hike your premiums up, especially after totaling your Challenger

Check this thread out

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58486
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
That sucks My had to be repaired too but it wasnt that bad ...I would say 700-bucks to fix.My body shop said 350 for a new bumper cover and 350 for paint but it looks like you may need the lower grill too.....
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
mtodd
69Chevy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Just got a new nose on mine. It was about $750 with tax. I didn't need a grill, so yours maybe more. I had the same issue/question you have -- file for insurance or not? My deductible was $500, so I just paid for it all. Sorry to hear about your damage -- I feel your pain. Mine was damaged by tire litter left on the road.
mtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Hate to say it, but how it's creased that's not from another car. Looks more like you hit a piece of rebar hold in a parking block. If it were a car the area above that would have damage also ....
Old 01-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I'd try reaching in and seeing if you can pop it out yourself.

I did that with my wife's malibu, and after a while (couple of months) I couldn't really tell where it was, and I was able to put a little touch up paint on it.

I have no idea if she hit something, or someone hit her, but the plastic was just caved in.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Hate to say it, but how it's creased that's not from another car. Looks more like you hit a piece of rebar hold in a parking block. If it were a car the area above that would have damage also ....
I totally agree. I dont believe this is from a moving vehicle. It looks to me like its from something stationery, like a curb or a parking block.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote