Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-16-2023, 12:03 AM   #1
Nokke

Drives: Camaro SS 2010
DOTS-1015/"tesla dash" experiences?

I'dlike to hear some long term experiences of that dash, please. I know everything feels and looks good in first, but how about after a few month's use?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Nokke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 01:23 AM   #2
hawtrod

Drives: 15 Z28. 14 ZL1
It's a rip-off targeting people that don't know anything on car audio and/or poorly manufactured chinese copycat electronics. Do you think a reputable company that had a great product would actually use "Tesla-style" in the description? Do you think Tesla allowed them to use their name as a comparison for quality?
Your money and your car but if you want quality that is not it.
hawtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 01:54 AM   #3
Nokke

That was just one seller.. DOTS-1015 is product name from Digital Octobus Radio. Also there is multiple sellers in Aliexpress...
Old 04-16-2023, 02:41 AM   #4
hawtrod

Drives: 15 Z28. 14 ZL1
AliExpress and Digital Octopus? Really? Your expecting quality from AliExpress and from Digital Octopus? You'll have better luck winning the lottery three times.
hawtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 05:18 AM   #5
Nokke

I dont understand what is your problem with that i ask experiences of something?!?

I know Aliexpress offers lot of stuff, some good, some not so good. But while i'm on the other side of the world i have no idea of DOR and that why i'm asking those ****ing experiences.

If you dont have experiences of those, just shut the **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawtrod View Post
AliExpress and Digital Octopus? Really? Your expecting quality from AliExpress and from Digital Octopus? You'll have better luck winning the lottery three times.
Old 04-19-2023, 04:04 AM   #6
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...1#post11307386
NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 05:14 AM   #7
Nokke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZZL1 View Post
Thx!! How long time you have been using it?
Old 04-20-2023, 05:59 AM   #8
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokke View Post
Thx!! How long time you have been using it?
Had it installed and running for about eight months.
NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:13 AM   #9
Caymanspyder

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro RS
I am installing the 12.3" head unit and digital cluster from Elliott Motorsports, Very nice quality. Will post before and after pictures. This is using a snapdragon processor, 8gb-128gb with 4g sim card, May be from China but so is your iphone, samsung and even Alpine is made, so not real concerned
Caymanspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:18 AM   #10
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawtrod View Post

It's actually a good unit and most of the products you purchase in America come from AliExpress. The days of Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer owning the "aftermarket radio" space are dead and gone some 15 years ago. High end Quality today is so cheap that any manufacture can obtain them. I'm using them for custom home audio, but that's a different topic. Also, you can purchase hand crafted items from other parts of the world, bypassing USA MAP pricing, as much as 95% off.

If you want instant gratification, "local" support and the general need to spend money certainly feel free to visit Magnolia Hi-Fi, Car-Toys or another local shop. Made in America equates to junk today, for the most part. There are some good quality products for sure, but even McIntosh home amplifiers are no longer the "go-to", end all products they used to be by any means.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:14 PM   #11
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
I do not want to highjack the OP thread but funny Snoman you mentioned McIntosh home audio, I just bit the bullet and got a Krell Duo 300XD amp along with the IIIusion Preamp to replace my Krell KSA 250 amp.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 09:55 AM   #12
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
I do not want to highjack the OP thread but funny Snoman you mentioned McIntosh home audio, I just bit the bullet and got a Krell Duo 300XD amp along with the IIIusion Preamp to replace my Krell KSA 250 amp.

I help run a home theater group and found my expertise and time (and money?) better spent there (pretty much moved out of Car Audio). I don't visit here like I used to unfortunately. I do custom planning, general guidance and provide custom wire solutions, albeit expensive for those that want the best available (Furutech FI connects with custom 10awg, WBT RCAs, Mogami, Canare, etc).

Krell's are brickhouses, they'll last 50 years, mad respect. Absolute overkill vs quality for most theater environments (my specialty), and ironically under powered for most home theater needs. At "Krell money" I advise most on tubes for their pure 2 channel listening environment, though tubes do sound different.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote