Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #29
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Driving manual is no longer about being faster than an auto, like it was in the past, it's about being more connected to the control of the car. That being said, I had an auto Camaro and when that got totaled I was going to go to a manual - it's just more fun in my opinion. But yes like other people said, tapshift and a proper manual are completely different. Go try it out, hopefully you have a friend with a beater or something you can test on.

By the way, being a fellow '11 Charger owner, I bet you wish you waited a year for the '12s and the new 8-sp transmission eh? I do (even though they're not available for the Hemi's) :( Why a Charger doesn't offer a stick is beyond me, especially since the Challenger has one...
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #30
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Driving manual is no longer about being faster than an auto, like it was in the past, it's about being more connected to the control of the car. That being said, I had an auto Camaro and when that got totaled I was going to go to a manual - it's just more fun in my opinion. But yes like other people said, tapshift and a proper manual are completely different. Go try it out, hopefully you have a friend with a beater or something you can test on.

By the way, being a fellow '11 Charger owner, I bet you wish you waited a year for the '12s and the new 8-sp transmission eh? I do (even though they're not available for the Hemi's) :( Why a Charger doesn't offer a stick is beyond me, especially since the Challenger has one...
The challenger stick is only available on the V8s, which is kind of a bummer. I think that the charger is targeted more toward family people that don't want to worry about shifting while yelling at the kids in the back seat.