Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2015, 05:52 PM   #295
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
I love the detailing of the rear quarter window and surround. Note how it angles up shrinking the size of the C pillar. Then they scalloped or beveled the surround. This allowed them to strengthen the rear fender arch. Even the shark fin is laid down looking more aerodynamic. Also notice the significantly downsized overhangs giving the whole car a more athletic look. These guys had to sweat every change. The car just looks like it's been in the gym for SIX months. The G5 looks bloated and chubby in comparison.I say, Job Well Done!

Just imagine if the lower pic was the old car and the upper pic was the new car. You guys would be barfing all over this forum.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:02 PM   #296
Lance455

Drives: 2012 Camaro M6 2LT
Car looks great really like the style and decent color choices wish they would've had a orange available but sure they will in the up coming yrs. Only thing I haven't found yet is where the face and toe setting on the heating and cooling controls I see one or the other but not the one with both.
Lance455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #297
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Seeing those two side view pics like that, I would pick the top one because of the beefier hood and aggressive looking front.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #298
Archonlord

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
Overall I like the new design, the side marker placement is driving me nuts tho.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #299
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
I like the interior
Old 05-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #300
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Comparing the side profiles below, it looks like the 2016 has an even smaller side window and higher belt line, but the rear quarter window does extend slightly more compared to the 5th gen, so maybe that helps (or not). I guess the only way to find out is drive one to compare.

Note that the rear quarter window also has that really dark trimmed border consuming most of the glass area. So it is really not a functional "window".

Interesting seeing the profiles side by side.... I have to say I think the 5th Gen looked infinitely better from the side.

The rear on the 6th looks oddly disconnected from the rest of the car? Right about where everything starts to shoot upwards after the door... It's looking a little awkward. Kind of like someone stitched the front and rear of two different cars together.

I like that the overhang was reduced front and back... But they really threw away all the fantastic lines that the 5th Gen had going for it.. Front to back.. The rear really bothers me, and I'm not too fond of the way the front lip juts upward like that. I am in agreement that the 5Th gen looks more muscular/aggressive.

I personally feel that both the Camaro and the Mustang revisions are a bit of a let down as far as appearance.. I find myself a lot more attracted to the Challenger, which imho is the only one that really looks retro muscle anymore. Ford and GM have gone the wrong direction... in more of a euro/Asian sporty look. It will appeal to different folks. But it's a step away from what I loved about the previous models aesthetics. The 5th gen had some fantastic lines. Shame.

On the bright side, it looks like the 6th Gen is poised to really shine from a performance perspective.

A big no thanks for me though.

I'd be interested to see if they offer some 1le-esque performance trims with some sort of aero kit to maybe up the aggressive styling.

Or get some aftermarket companies to restore that 5th Gen flare.

GM should have hit the /undo button a few times when redesigning the poor car.

Have to say, overall... Between the Camaro/Stang.. I prefer the Camaro's front end, and the Mustangs rear end. But both are feeling a little off to me.. Waiting to see some "refreshes" or new styles.

For now, if I was buying "muscle" I think a Sublime green Scat Pack is what I'd be getting into. Regardless of the performance differences... It looks great, and probably the more practical of the 3 as far as interior space.

I do applaud the performance upgrades though. I think the new SS is going to be killing it for a while until they come out with some performance packages.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #301
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I cant stop looking at it, this is such an awesome car. In black a home run out the park. What a car. By the way, 100% agree on the visibility that I love it. I know people say its for the exterior design and thats all good but when ur inside it just feels like the car has a race cage and gives u a sense of being in something truly serious and ready for action. This was one of the biggest selling points for me when I bought my 1LE. Just awesome. I dont have a back up camera and have no issues parking it or tracking it. I am actually lowering my seat with a bucket seat this year to be even lower.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #302
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
"Well under 6 seconds to 60".. He says that a few times for the 2.0. Should be fairly light.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #303
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
I think the 6th gen Camaro puts the 2015 mustang (and my 5th gen)in an obsolete category ! Way to go chevy!

Last edited by charlie46; 05-17-2015 at 11:08 PM.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #304
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Great job GM and Chevrolet. Can't wait for them to go on sale.
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #305
PrimeraRS
I am the law

Drives: Cammed, Stalled and Geared
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
"Well under 6 seconds to 60".. He says that a few times for the 2.0. Should be fairly light.

Wow thats a stout motor in a light chassis then.
PrimeraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:28 AM   #306
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Holy cow, I'll take a red, white or black on black SS. Lol.

GM did an awesome job!
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:29 AM   #307
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I am leary of pictures so I want to actually see one. I really like the hood and the power packages however I think one of the best things I have to say from what I've seen so far is it is not going to make my Gen 5 look too old. There are a lot of things I like about the Gen 5. I'm not sure this is a home run for me. Maybe I'll buy a 2015 SS if I get a good deal on one.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:04 AM   #308
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
This thing looks killer! I can't wait to see them on dealer lots!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote