Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variko View Post
Sweet. Pm me price if you dont mind. I already purchased the diablo intune, so just need your tune right?
Pricing can be seen on my site http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/g...lick-here.html

Yes you just need a tune.

Email me and I will send you the custom tune instructions so you can obtain a custom tune.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #16
Variko

Drives: 2SS RS LS3 Black
Uh oh. The amount you emailed me and the amount on the link dont match. Do I need to buy a new tune if I decide to get a cold air box or God willing, a supercharger? Is the diablo intune a good tuner?
Variko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variko View Post
Uh oh. The amount you emailed me and the amount on the link dont match. Do I need to buy a new tune if I decide to get a cold air box or God willing, a supercharger? Is the diablo intune a good tuner?
You may not have selected the correct options in the link.

Diablo is a decent tuning solution for simple bolt ons.

As the builds get more comprehensive we need to move to an SCT tuner.

Ted.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #18
BLTZKRG

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
So the X4 is a better tool than the diablo in the long run? Im mildly familiar with email tunes from my 04 Cobra...but def nothing beats a dyno.

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #19
Rctreece
2013 Victory Red LS3 Vert

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Subscribed
Rctreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #20
TBuzz

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th 2SS/RS
I bought a Hypertech Max Energy. After putting it on a 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs 45 edition I realized I don't know anything about tuning. I raised the max rpm from 5700 to 5800 and each shift point +100. Turned off 0-60 limiter. Raised the transmission 25%. Now can feel it shift. Could not change much else so left everything else stock. But the book says that if you do it wrong it could burn up engine. Makes me wonder if I should just leave it stock. Call me a dummy if you want. Just trying to make sure to do it right.

Last edited by TBuzz; 09-02-2014 at 12:19 PM.
TBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuzz View Post
I bought a Hypertech Max Energy. After putting it on a 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs 45 edition I realized I don't know anything about tuning. I raised the max rpm from 5700 to 5800 and each shift point +100. Turned off 0-60 limiter. Raised the transmission 25%. Now can feel it shift. Could not change much else so left everything else stock. But the book says that if you do it wrong it could burn up engine. Makes me wonder if I should just leave it stock. Call me a dummy if you want. Just trying to make sure to do it right.
Any other mods to your car?

Ted.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #22
TBuzz

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th 2SS/RS
Ted, I put everything back to stock. Not sure how all this works. Just getting started with the Camaro. Right now having to wait to get money to do anything. My wife says that I'm crazy for even getting car. Had three Trans Ams and loved them so now I have a Camaro. Now I'm thinking what is the difference in short headers and long headers. My son has one with short headers. It was special built and has 600 hp. Makes mine look slow.
TBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuzz View Post
Ted, I put everything back to stock. Not sure how all this works. Just getting started with the Camaro. Right now having to wait to get money to do anything. My wife says that I'm crazy for even getting car. Had three Trans Ams and loved them so now I have a Camaro. Now I'm thinking what is the difference in short headers and long headers. My son has one with short headers. It was special built and has 600 hp. Makes mine look slow.
Cold Air inductons Cold air kit
Dynatech or ARH Long Tube headers with cats.
JRE custom tune via SCT tuner.

This is the foundation on which we build and is worth 40 RWHP and 40 RWTQ on the LS3
Old 09-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #24
Hdhuntr01
Hdhuntr01

Drives: 2013 Camaros Coupe 2SS
Just picked up a 2013 Camaro 2SS 6.2L with Automatic. There are not modifications of aftermarket parts on the car at this time. I also have a Diablo Sport I1000 and would be interested in a custom tune for this car as it sits. Would like to see where I can get it without mods then look at the mods I would want to do. Make sense?

Just looking for a custom tune based on stock set up...
Old 09-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdhuntr01 View Post
Just picked up a 2013 Camaro 2SS 6.2L with Automatic. There are not modifications of aftermarket parts on the car at this time. I also have a Diablo Sport I1000 and would be interested in a custom tune for this car as it sits. Would like to see where I can get it without mods then look at the mods I would want to do. Make sense?

Just looking for a custom tune based on stock set up...
Hello, Your best option is to add a CAI and Long Tube headers with high flow cats then add a custom tune for best performance.

Parts add Power, Custom tuning makes the parts work to full potential.

Custom tuning alone does not add much power 5-10 RWHP tops and I am sure your getting that with the Canned Diablo tunes.

Most of the Feel of more power comes from removal of torque management.

Hope this helps.

Ted.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #26
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
OK....If what "Blur" posted up front is true....I can make my own changes to my tune with my SCT???????????

I was under the impression that you could only read and clear codes and upload custom or stock tune.

No bashing intended nor meant here.....but I assume I cannot change my Jannetty tune...only my stock tune?

What say ye
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
OK....If what "Blur" posted up front is true....I can make my own changes to my tune with my SCT???????????

I was under the impression that you could only read and clear codes and upload custom or stock tune.

No bashing intended nor meant here.....but I assume I cannot change my Jannetty tune...only my stock tune?

What say ye
You are correct my friend, The user adjustable options are limited to Idle speed limiter, rev limiter timing and fuel, all of which I take care of.

So I disable the user adjustable options.

I would rather have you log and send it to me to reveiw, if your tune needs adjustment that way there is no guessing on your part.

Ted.

Tags
handheld tuner, how to tune, tuning advice