Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #113
cactuseater

Drives: .
Was talking with the shop foreman at my dealership openly and candidly about the top, as was he with me, nothing to hide and no holes barred approach. The design is a tough cookie for this car, really is. Hopefully they can get this thing to work right soon. Absolutely love the look of this automobile.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #114
spckatnip

Drives: '11 2SS/RS 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
spckatnip, Your vehicle is involved with this program. Let me know how things go for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Will do I am scheduled for Tuesday at Gunn Chevy.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #115
IXLER8

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
got mine back yesterday I do NOT have any 5th bow issues, rub marks, or water leaks my concern was wind noise which has been fixed ... i also have a crease on the inside of my car near the back window lower corner on the passanger side any one else have this they wanted to send it to a trim shop but i told them i would wait for now.
IXLER8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #116
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert

Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
So I called my Dealership back, after 3 weeks of no return calls and they tell me " Yeah we have the parts , already done 3 of them, then he states that they do not have to take the top off?" I am so confused right now.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #117
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Question for Jeff??

Just had my CSP repair done and when I got it home, the headliner bracket to bow screws were NOT in the correct place per one of the earlier TSB's. Why is the screw postitioning issue NOT addressed in the most recent TSB/CSP? I notified my fixing dealership and they could not access the older TSB as it just referred them to the recent one. Is the screw positioning in the correct holes still an issue?
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #118
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Pooty View Post
So I called my Dealership back, after 3 weeks of no return calls and they tell me " Yeah we have the parts , already done 3 of them, then he states that they do not have to take the top off?" I am so confused right now.
The top only comes off if they are going to replace it. Trust me NONE of these field techs want to touch these things.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #119
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert

Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
The top only comes off if they are going to replace it. Trust me NONE of these field techs want to touch these things.
I can understand that ! So I guess I am going to take it in on Monday !
Old 04-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #120
sully6768

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Mine just went in. Found out that convertible top issues like this goes through the body shop manager, not the service manager at our dealership. I called in to schedule the appointment and spoke to a service tech who answered the service line. When I asked the service tech about it he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. He said that I should probably talk to the body shop manager. Transfered me and he was right. Eric new all about it, plenty of kits in stock (they had done 11 already), got us in today and said we should have it back shortly. He figured it would take a couple of hours tops.

I just assumed all things service should go through the service department. Turns out that isn't the case. Figured I would share this as it may help others get to the root quicker.
sully6768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #121
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
pony, unfortunately I am unable to discuss specifics of the tsb's and other documents on vehicle issues that we have at our disposal as they are for our service technicians at the dealerships to use and not for public use. I also do not have information on why certain things are in this recent fix and why some are not. I'm sorry I can't be of more help in this situation.

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #122
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
pony, unfortunately I am unable to discuss specifics of the tsb's and other documents on vehicle issues that we have at our disposal as they are for our service technicians at the dealerships to use and not for public use. I also do not have information on why certain things are in this recent fix and why some are not. I'm sorry I can't be of more help in this situation.

So because the new CSP/TSB does not have the screw moving procedure, and they did NOT do it, I can expect the screws of the headliner retaining bracket to rub completely through the top in the near future and GM can replace my entire top and mechanisms.

I refered them (dealership) to the orginal Document ID: 2726338
#11-08-67-001A: Convertible Top Cloth Spots/Indentations or Damage Between #1 and #2 Bow (Follow Procedures Outlined Below) - (Oct 19, 2011) When they pull it up, It just refers them to the new one.

Post #1102 at; http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...142513&page=45

As far as the TSB's being for the technicians at the dealerships and not for public use, GM engineering sure doesn't have a problem with Stealing/copying the work of members on this forum and using them for their own! I know you do alot on this forum, but the above answer is a "cop out" and is what got GM into this mess in the first place.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #123
USA-1

Drives: 2011 sw vert ss/rs
Please check vin 2G1FK3DJXB9192845
USA-1
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #124
kirstie4422

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 1LT RS
Pony - I took my top in 2 days before the new CSP came out and all they did was move the screws. Two days later after 1 ride with the top down my rub marks were back. So that didn't do a thing for me.

Also yesterday when i talked to the service advisor about doing the new CSP on my car they thought they did not need to do the CSP on my car because they had done the first TSB fix . But after talking to the service advisor and explaining the difference between the two - TSB - CSP he is ordering the parts to perform the full new CSP on my car. So heads up to those who had the first TSB done, don't wait to be contacted for the new CSP, call them.

Is it CSP or CSR? they call it a customer satisfaction recall so it would seem it is a CSR.
kirstie4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #125
kirstie4422

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 1LT RS
BTW thanks to all of you on C5 who posted the TSBs and information because without all that knowledge i would never have been able to advocate about my issues with the dealership!!

Thanks!!!
kirstie4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #126
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie4422 View Post
BTW thanks to all of you on C5 who posted the TSBs and information because without all that knowledge i would never have been able to advocate about my issues with the dealership!!

Thanks!!!
+1. great members!
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote