Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #15
jbro90

Drives: camaro
I already sanded that part that is near the bend and makes the light go to the dash camaro dude was talking about sanding the length of the tube on the door insert to allow more light to shine this is my problem I need more light to shine through cause I have the black inserts and red light so it won't show up really that much so camaro dude is going to show and tell me how far down on the edge to sand like he did the length or the panel and light tube to get nor light to come out
jbro90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #16
jbro90

Drives: camaro
Do I want that darker part that's right up underneath my fingers camaro dude seems like this wouldn't show anything behind the insert during the day cause it would be dark behind it
Name:  1467852793123.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  75.2 KB
jbro90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #17
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Sorry for the delay dude, I haven't been on here in a short while...

Here are pics of mine...same setup as yours I think. ZL1 panels, and 2 red LED's, one on each end.

As you can see, mine are too bright!

I also "drew" my line 1-2 mm too wide, lol, but it still looks OK.

Sanding with dremel tool is key to how bright you get it. It's all about your sanding period.

Last edited by Camaro Dude; 05-18-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #18
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
Before you go and tint maybe give this some thought.How about a dimmer wired in so you can adjust to your preference.You could hide the dimmer or buy a rotary style dimmer and mount it somewhere.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-White-1...8AAOSwGotWjSKO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6V-12V-24V-2...cAAOSwmtJXUtAE
I was just rethinking about your solution...and as great an idea that it is, I'm leaning back to the tint idea, only because, once you sand that ZL1 panel down, and "redraw" the "line", with a dremel tool, to make the line wider and brighter, it might then show as a slightly "white line" in the daylight, if you catch my drift.

By somehow figuring out a way to tint it after the fact, this may clean up the daytime look.

I might snap a pic later of how it looks in the daylight....
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #19
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I was just rethinking about your solution...and as great an idea that it is, I'm leaning back to the tint idea, only because, once you sand that ZL1 panel down, and "redraw" the "line", with a dremel tool, to make the line wider and brighter, it might then show as a slightly "white line" in the daylight, if you catch my drift.

By somehow figuring out a way to tint it after the fact, this may clean up the daytime look.

I might snap a pic later of how it looks in the daylight....
Wish ya luck lol!
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ambient light, door panels, lz1, red, superbright led