Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-25-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Radio control faceplate help!

(Hello everyone,

The other day I was cleaning the inside of the faceplate on my Camaro. When I plugged it back in, I lost all the display icons on the LCD screen.

Everything works including the radio. Unfortunately, I have no picture display on the LCD screen. It lights up and everything, but there are no icons displayed on the screen.

It is a standard non-mylink 2015 LS.

If I'm able to pick up a new control head panel faceplate, would one from a Camaro that had the heated seat option work? Or, do I need to find one that had no heated seat option like my car?

It seems the only difference between the two contol panels are the little buttons in the center of control panel dials. However, I don't know if it would work in a non-heated seat car.

Thanks.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
I believe it will work , but the door lock buttons on radio are;nt there?? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this please.
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:36 AM   #3
mikeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcritter View Post
I believe it will work , but the door lock buttons on radio are;nt there?? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this please.
No, I think they're still there. It's the Mylink version that doesn't have the door lock buttons, I think. I have the base non Mylink CD radio faceplate control on mine.

The weird thing is everything functions normally and even the display screen is powered up, but there are no display icons on the screen. The screen is blank.

How can that happen by just disconnecting the plug in the back?

Does that mean I need to do a hard reset by disconnecting both the positive and negative terminals on the battery? I already did the negative cable, but that didn't change anything.

What provides the info on the screen with the icons/images on it? Is that the BCM?

Like I mentioned before, everything works, it's just nothing shows up on the info screen. It's just a blue screen.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
found this one/www.facebook.com/groups/5thgencamarov6partsforsaletrade/permalink/1004388729727478/?sale_post_id=1004388729727478
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
mikeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcritter View Post
found this one/www.facebook.com/groups/5thgencamarov6partsforsaletrade/permalink/1004388729727478/?sale_post_id=1004388729727478
Thanks. I'm just not sure if it's the faceplate or not. It was working perfectly before I disconnected it.

Do these faceplates burn out when you disconnect them?

Or, is it something else like perhaps the BCM or PDIM that gets all screwed up when you disconnect the faceplate from the circuit?

From my search on this forum, people have replaced their damaged or scratched up faceplate control units and everything worked including the LCD info screen.

In fact, there was actually a member here that had the same problem. He disconnected the faceplate control unit and then reconnected it only to find his info screen went blank.

Unfortunately, he hasn't posted since 2016 and there is no way, I know of, to personally contact him.