Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Z28 Cats and Headers

I have a set of OEM headers and cats for a Z28, see my ad in the engine section of the member classifieds.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 AM   #2
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
You may want to look into your local, state and governening federal laws regarding the resale of use Catalytic Converters.

I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that it is illegal to install a used Cat that has not been tested and certified by an EPA approved location, thus selling it can be done primarily for scrap unless you have it tested (or your buyer does).

(This was the case, I believe, when last I had some used Cats for sale and someone linked me to a bunch of legal pages).
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBaldDog View Post
You may want to look into your local, state and governening federal laws regarding the resale of use Catalytic Converters.

I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that it is illegal to install a used Cat that has not been tested and certified by an EPA approved location, thus selling it can be done primarily for scrap unless you have it tested (or your buyer does).

(This was the case, I believe, when last I had some used Cats for sale and someone linked me to a bunch of legal pages).
if that is true then the OP is just selling them for scrap
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #4
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBaldDog View Post

If I had a failed cat my conscious would be clear to install a used cat that wasn't "certified". I break the law daily by driving over the speed limit somewhere in my area and ain't no state putting a car on a lift to inspect welds.

Unchain the shackles and GLWS!!
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #5
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
If I had a failed cat my conscious would be clear to install a used cat that wasn't "certified". I break the law daily by driving over the speed limit somewhere in my area and ain't no state putting a car on a lift to inspect welds.

Unchain the shackles and GLWS!!
Trying to help prevent issues, take it or leave it. I'm not the morality police.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote