Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Good job, Right where I predicted you should be, now we just have to work on that 60 ft time you need to be in the 1.5s that is where your 10 second passes are.

It is easy for some to just throw money at it.

Throwing more power at it before you optimize what you already have can actually make the car slower by inducing more tire spin.

I take the approach of doing a lot with a little, lets work on dialing in what he has there are several 1/10s left on the table.

Ted.
I mean, kind of Captain Obvious? I alluded to it costing money, as if that needed to be said. The customer here is asking for more power, and I guess you could attempt at optimizing what he has, but more than likely he meant what he said. Any of the modifications after a setup like your 750 package are going to be much less "HP per Dollar". They're the last things to tighten up, max out, and push. They're only on the table if you know what you're going to spend and what you're going to trade in for that power.

22.5% + a Cam (Advertised as 650+ RWHP) is leaving as much as 100-150 RWHP on the table with the LSA if you want that kind of a build. That's what I was saying. And I laid out a few of the things that you'd want to close that gap. (Obviously the 416 and Whipple was a joke, used as an example to show what he could go to.)
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #16
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
Quote:
Good job, Right where I predicted you should be, now we just have to work on that 60 ft time you need to be in the 1.5s that is where your 10 second passes are.

Throwing more power at it before you optimize what you already have can actually make the car slower by inducing more tire spin.

I take the approach of doing a lot with a little, lets work on dialing in what he has there are several 1/10s left on the table.

Ted.

I had turned 1.5 60' times fairly consisitent before we did this last round of mods.
Makes you think it is spinning more now, but honestly I think I needed a higher tire pressure?? I was at 16psi on the first two passes then I dropped to 15psi, made virtually no difference. I think I should have been 18 psi with extreme weight of the car??

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #17
d454brisson

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Prob need more sidewall than anything else. Unless you can see bad contact patch. In the past I found Mickey T like less pressure while MH racemasters like more. Its a tire pressure dance and not always intuitive
d454brisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69z28rs View Post
I had turned 1.5 60' times fairly consisitent before we did this last round of mods.
Makes you think it is spinning more now, but honestly I think I needed a higher tire pressure?? I was at 16psi on the first two passes then I dropped to 15psi, made virtually no difference. I think I should have been 18 psi with extreme weight of the car??
If you can log your runs at the track and send them to me I would be happy to help you dial it in.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I mean, kind of Captain Obvious? I alluded to it costing money, as if that needed to be said. The customer here is asking for more power, and I guess you could attempt at optimizing what he has, but more than likely he meant what he said. Any of the modifications after a setup like your 750 package are going to be much less "HP per Dollar". They're the last things to tighten up, max out, and push. They're only on the table if you know what you're going to spend and what you're going to trade in for that power.

22.5% + a Cam (Advertised as 650+ RWHP) is leaving as much as 100-150 RWHP on the table with the LSA if you want that kind of a build. That's what I was saying. And I laid out a few of the things that you'd want to close that gap. (Obviously the 416 and Whipple was a joke, used as an example to show what he could go to.)
I am sorry I didn't see where he was asking for more power, I even went back and re read the post.

Ted.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:42 AM   #20
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by d454brisson View Post
Trying to decide on whats next for more hp,
It's still morning...and Friday after all Ted.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
It's still morning...and Friday after all Ted.
LOL we were talking with Yellow Get some coffee LOL
Old 01-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #22
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
I am sorry I didn't see where he was asking for more power, I even went back and re read the post.

Ted.
It's in the title of the thread...
Quote:
Whats next after Jannetty ZL1 750 package
And body...
Quote:
decide whats next for my car.
Quote:
Trying to decide on whats next for more hp, small nitrous shot from nitrous outlet(bar setup and progressive controller, or go flex e85

See what happened here is yellow69z28rs (With a JRE 750HP) asked a question inside of d454's thread, who originally asked for more power:
Quote:
I just got the JRE 750 package finished as well. Tracks closed until the 14th. What Can I expect to run ya think?
Ted started responding to him:
Quote:
Auto or Manual?

Tires?

Weight with driver?

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
I responded to the OP after congratulating yellow69z28rs on good consistency:
Quote:
Wow five passes all between .04 of a second is ridiculously consistent.

To the OP,

You have lots of room left with the LSA...

Heads
Ported Blower/Snout/TB
5" Intake
E85 (Or Race Gas, but I'd recommend E85 and a set of ID1050s. Reason is, 850s will be taxed, 1050s will be at ease, and 1300s will hardly even feel the load)
More pulley. You're running a 22.5% or 9.5" lower correct? You'd probably want to change that to a 9.1" and then put a 2.55" upper on (In combination that's 36%), which will get you right at/a few hundred RPM over the "red zone" safe area without going crazy. Or you could put a 10" lower on which is 28%. You'll want E85 or Race gas to cool that kind of pulley. The Cam and Heads will help to alleviate the high boost. I'd also recommend going with a HX upgrade, though they can have negatives as Ted may point out, they will help to keep your IATs down between runs.
More stuff if you want. HP is only a medium of money.
You crossed over the top of me saying you'd rather dial it in and more power costs money. Of course, you were talking about yellow69z28rs and not the OP who is asking for more HP over what a kit like the 750 provides, which is what I was responding to.

Quote:

Ted.
So, in fact, I believe The Ted may have miscalculated here.

As we were...
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
It's in the title of the thread...

And body...

See what happened here is yellow69z28rs (With a JRE 750HP) asked a question inside of d454's thread, who originally asked for more power:

Ted started responding to him:

I responded to the OP after congratulating yellow69z28rs on good consistency:

You crossed over the top of me saying you'd rather dial it in and more power costs money. Of course, you were talking about yellow69z28rs and not the OP who is asking for more HP over what a kit like the 750 provides, which is what I was responding to.

So, in fact, I believe The Ted may have miscalculated here.

As we were...
You da man
Old 01-19-2018, 08:31 PM   #24
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
Quote:
If you can log your runs at the track and send them to me I would be happy to help you dial it in.

Ted.

Thanks man, I may take you up on that.

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #25
d454brisson

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I was able to follow the back and forth

To add I have an AFCO with Dual fan HX

Current is 10inch lower with stock upper, but I think I may try ther 2.85 which is equiv to the 9.1 with a 2.88 same approx rpm at 23,509 opposed to 24,3

Still trying to get my wideband squared away, with the plx when it works under power the afr looks nice and even 10.5 but i dont have a log just visual
d454brisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69z28rs View Post
Thanks man, I may take you up on that.
I fully support anyone I tune for, and happy to help you reach your goals.

Ted.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:38 PM   #27
ODB Racing

Drives: 2015 ZL1
What is the necessary fuel pump upgrade needed to run E85 at say 600-700rwhp? Is there a larger in-tank pump kit available. I know the larger injectors are a must but just wondering at what point does the fuel pump or lines become an issue.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODB Racing View Post
What is the necessary fuel pump upgrade needed to run E85 at say 600-700rwhp? Is there a larger in-tank pump kit available. I know the larger injectors are a must but just wondering at what point does the fuel pump or lines become an issue.
The DSX Aux pump and ID1050X injectors is a perfect set up at this power level.

Ted.