Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #43
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
Street Slayer twin carbon was the best mod dollar for dollar I ever did to my car.
Thanks that's awesome to hear ,you've got a long list of mods and im glad were at the top. Now lets get that 10 second pass!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #44
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Thanks that's awesome to hear ,you've got a long list of mods and im glad were at the top. Now lets get that 10 second pass!
I did pick me up some 17" Bogarts so it just a matter of me getting some slicks on it now. I did put some MT DRs on my 20's so if weather permits I will get to the track tonight and try the Mts out. But not good track prep on Tuesday but I would be happy with a 1.7-1.8 60ft time LOL 2.0 is getting old.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #45
jamesr

Drives: 2012 Camaro ss
Steve as Sin stated in earlier post i must agree with him was told by your staff I needed to work on my driving as this clutch will drive different from the stock one.Which i can also would have to agree with because it was 30 years ago when i had a 4 paddle clutch in my 69 camaro it would shudder when you let out the clutch and i could live with that but not push it into 3rd and have one shudder so bad i cant see the hud or drive along in 3rd and hit the gas and it shudders.But i thank you for you apology as ive learned about cars over the last 40 yrs is like your sometimes you have to suck it and move on.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #46
H-E
Account Suspended

Quote:
I did pick me up some 17" Bogarts so it just a matter of me getting some slicks on it now. I did put some MT DRs on my 20's so if weather permits I will get to the track tonight and try the Mts out. But not good track prep on Tuesday but I would be happy with a 1.7-1.8 60ft time LOL 2.0 is getting old.
Kool,remeber Less is More getting it out of the hole,and first burn out get some smoke but after that don't get the radials to hot
Old 06-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #47
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
Steve as Sin stated in earlier post i must agree with him was told by your staff I needed to work on my driving as this clutch will drive different from the stock one.Which i can also would have to agree with because it was 30 years ago when i had a 4 paddle clutch in my 69 camaro it would shudder when you let out the clutch and i could live with that but not push it into 3rd and have one shudder so bad i cant see the hud or drive along in 3rd and hit the gas and it shudders.But i thank you for you apology as ive learned about cars over the last 40 yrs is like your sometimes you have to suck it and move on.
I think we're on the same page, but, I'm having trouble understanding your post.

I would absolutely be livid if someone blamed my driving style for an issue that, to me, is something that's the parts fault. I can see if the customer is riding the clutch or there is a leak, etc. that is causing issues with the clutch - but when it's been through numerous master cylinders and the thing is squealing and chattering my guys should have taken care of it and not passed it off on the customer.

To say that aggravates me is an understatement - but as I said before, at this point all I can do is apologize. This is NOT the norm for my company, you can research and clearly see that the norm for my company is produce a great product and if things come up TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #48
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Completely off topic; give us a call and ask for Chris, he's one of the best 6 speed drivers I know. His personal C5 went 1.4x 60's with a little over 420rwhp. He will be more than happy to go over driving styles and helpful pointers to get your car down the track faster. With the power you make you should be solidly into the 10's without issues.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #49
jamesr

Drives: 2012 Camaro ss
Steve i have a 2012 Camaro with your twin in it has 5000 miles on car 600 miles on clutch at 40 mph the clutch shudder so bad the dash shakes cant drive the car like that has org.master cyl no leaks,and im not riding the clutch,and i ruled that out becaue it the 1 st thing that came to mind.but made sure that was not the case.Asked it i need to measure anything before install cause instructions didnt say.your staff said that your clutches were built rt on.That was my mistake might be slipping in my old age should have measure it for myself. If you would like to reach me my # is 785-969-8786. Jim Robison

Last edited by jamesr; 06-18-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: add phone number
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #50
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
I really think that there is a design flaw in this clutch when it comes to the application in a 5th gen. I know there are many GTO owners are very happy with the product. IMO I think there has to be something wrong for this many users to be having issues. I am sure there are many others who have issues that just do not post on the forum about it.

Steve, maybe you would be better served to take another look at the product quality and design rather than making apologies for your product and staff. Monster would not be the first manufacturer / vendor in this forum to make design changes to their product based on user feedback. Just my opinion.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #51
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
Steve i have a 2012 Camaro with your twin in it has 5000 miles on car 600 miles on clutch at 40 mph the clutch shudder so bad the dash shakes cant drive the car like that has org.master cyl no leaks,and im not riding the clutch,and i ruled that out becaue it the 1 st thing that came to mind.but made sure that was not the case.Asked it i need to measure anything before install cause instructions didnt say.your staff said that your clutches were built rt on.That was my mistake might be slipping in my old age should have measure it for myself. If you would like to reach me my # is 785-969-8786. Jim Robison
Jim -

What you're describing isn't making sense. A clutch chatters when you engage it, not when you're driving down the road. There is no reason to measure our twins as we set them up by hand. Also, the stack height isn't going to affect chatter at all.

John told me he spoke with you about this issue - either myself or Chris will call you shortly and see if we can address it over the phone. Regardless of the issue we'll make it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I really think that there is a design flaw in this clutch when it comes to the application in a 5th gen. I know there are many GTO owners are very happy with the product. IMO I think there has to be something wrong for this many users to be having issues. I am sure there are many others who have issues that just do not post on the forum about it.

Steve, maybe you would be better served to take another look at the product quality and design rather than making apologies for your product and staff. Monster would not be the first manufacturer / vendor in this forum to make design changes to their product based on user feedback. Just my opinion.
I think you miss the point.

There are a handful of you guys with issues in the 5th gen market on Camaro 5. We've sold a few hundred to 5th gen owners and many of those guys are very happy with the units. I've personally installed 7 in customers cars local and my techs have installed at least another 20 or so. Not to mention our dealer/distributor network of customers and the hundreds of guys we have sold to nationally. I've looked at the product and we've tested the setup numerous times. In the beginning we made some minor changes to the setups, but, stack height and lift/release is a pretty simple and straight forward thing. Plate load and friction coefficient is another. There isn't a design flaw in any way, though, I do appreciate the response.

The last time I checked the car that has the heads/cam record had a Monster in it. You guys seem to be hung up on the fact we make these for the GTO - we also sell tons to the 4th gen Camaro guys, C5 cars, C6 cars, and a hell of a lot of cars world wide that we don't have access to. If we didn't do the research to make sure our clutches do what we say they will and if we had an issue with every single clutch we sold to guys in the 5th gen Camaro and other cars as well we just simply would not be in business guys - it wouldn't be possible. We also wouldn't have the reputation we would if all we sold was garbage.

Clutches are a wear part, their installation, break in, and overall selection of the unit in your car all play vital roles in performance and longetivity of the unit. Once we build and ship them a lot of what can go wrong is completely out of our hands... but we still back our stuff without issue.

And just a heads up, we've got a CTSV here that makes 800rwhp with a RPS triple in it. Any highway pulls and the clutch slips and goes to the floor - we'll be replacing it with a Monster. Is this customer going to get on this forum and say something? No. Point is, all clutch manufacturers have issues with units from time to time, that is the name of the game and anyone telling you different is a liar.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #52
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
All i know is that when the time comes a Monster triple will be in my car. SNL is an outstanding company and has built most of my car with the exception of the Pedders suspension. I know how much work went into the design of their twins and triples. I would be running one now but Steve was not quite ready to release the new clutches when my new motor went in and wanted to make sure it was perfect and every little detail ironed out. Hell, they even installed my McLeod RXT!

I have been to this shop numerous times and have seen first hand the number of extremely happy folks with Monster clutches. It is indeed unfortunate for the few in this thread that have issues with their clutches.

Just my observation and experience.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 06-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #53
H-E
Account Suspended

Thanks for the orders guys! ...Remember if it doesn't say Street Slayer its not a Street Slayer
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #54
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
^^ TRUE THAT
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #55
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Tommy, mine may have a problem then... It says "let's go ...NOW". ...

Still absolutely love this Clutch... Easily worth every penny spent...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #56
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Thanks for the orders guys! ...Remember if it doesn't say Street Slayer its not a Street Slayer
Mine doesn't say Street Slayer, but it is a Street Slayer.

2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins

Closed Thread