Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #141
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
..and I'll take my win with a cammed, supercharged, tuned, and geared LS3 putting rubber down into 4th having fun actually driving my car instead of just pushing the pedal to the floor and going "weeee" .

In an auto you're just not cutting it...and losing....and it still might be a party, but you're sitting at the little kids table.
Sounds nice......do you have vids of you launching that beast. Maybe a nice run down the track......just so I know you can run your car. Let's hear you go weeee through the traps. If you do run your car then props to you.....if you don't....well now it's really a party.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:47 AM   #142
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
When I traded in my 2012 SS M6 for my 2013 ZL1 M6 I told my hubby the only "must haves" were a Manual gear box, that crappy cloth/material stuff they cover the wheel and stick with (lord only knows where my hubby's grubby mitts have been) and the carbon fiber hood insert.

Top of my must try list was: Launch followed by the No Lift Shifting!
Results: FUN FUN FUN!!!

Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #143
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Sounds nice......do you have vids of you launching that beast. Maybe a nice run down the track......just so I know you can run your car. Let's hear you go weeee through the traps. If you do run your car then props to you.....if you don't....well now it's really a party.
You just keep driving your tuned and geared automatic up and down the track and making videos to impress yourself and pat yourself on the back with your awesome driving skills. I'm comfortable with the size of my.....gear shift lever.

Why don't you post a video showing you winning against every manual you've ever raced? That's the party you're throwing.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:57 AM   #144
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
You just keep driving your tuned and geared automatic up and down the track and making videos to impress yourself and pat yourself on the back with your awesome driving skills. I'm comfortable with the size of my.....gear shift lever.

Why don't you post a video showing you winning against every manual you've ever raced? That's the party you're throwing.
Thanks for the answer. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.....well maybe I did. Should I trade my lowly auto for a manual and drive up and down the track? You talk a good game....to bad your sitting on the bench. Still would like to see your car move out down the track.......you must have something. Just to clarify I've been driving for 30 years and know my way around a manual very well. So don't give me the skill involved in driving bullshit either.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #145
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Thanks for the answer. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.....well maybe I did. Should I trade my lowly auto for a manual and drive up and down the track? You talk a good game....to bad your sitting on the bench. Still would like to see your car move out down the track.......you must have something. Just to clarify I've been driving for 30 years and know my way around a manual very well. So don't give me the skill involved in driving bullshit either.
Of course you meant to ruffle feathers....what the hell do think we were doing here? The faster automatic vs the more fun manual argument is going to be around for a long long time.

Tomorrow some piss ant is going to start another idiotic thread about manual vs auto and we're going to say stupid shit to show how dumb these threads really are and move on. The admins should really do a block where anyone who tries to start a thread using the word combination of auto and manual and every synonym possible. I cringe every time I see one. LOL

Every, and I mean EVERY person on this forum knows every reason why each of us has an auto or a manual.

Here they are.

Manuals: more fun, LS3, sports car is supposed to be a manual, couldn't find an auto in the color I wanted, wife made fun of me blah blah blah

Autos: they're faster, couldn't find a manual on the lot or in the color I wanted etc, daily driving a manual sucks, (true dat), cant drive a stick, bad knees, love the paddles, blah blah blah.

I'm sitting around doing laundry today and got nothing else to do but type this crap blah blah blah....

Damn people DRIVE WHAT YOU LOVE, AND LOVE WHAT YOU DRIVE.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #146
Normagene

Quote:
Of course you meant to ruffle feathers....what the hell do think we were doing here? The faster automatic vs the more fun manual argument is going to be around for a long long time.

Tomorrow some piss ant is going to start another idiotic thread about manual vs auto and we're going to say stupid shit to show how dumb these threads really are and move on. The admins should really do a block where anyone who tries to start a thread using the word combination of auto and manual and every synonym possible. I cringe every time I see one. LOL

Every, and I mean EVERY person on this forum knows every reason why each of us has an auto or a manual.

Here they are.

Manuals: more fun, LS3, sports car is supposed to be a manual, couldn't find an auto in the color I wanted, wife made fun of me blah blah blah

Autos: they're faster, couldn't find a manual on the lot or in the color I wanted etc, daily driving a manual sucks, (true dat), cant drive a stick, bad knees, love the paddles, blah blah blah.

I'm sitting around doing laundry today and got nothing else to do but type this crap blah blah blah....

Damn people DRIVE WHAT YOU LOVE, AND LOVE WHAT YOU DRIVE.

What??????

I thought you boys changed it to "I'm happy with the size of my gear shift". I thought you two would whip'em out next to see who's really is bigger.

LMAO

Boys will be boys!
Old 08-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #147
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Their tune always changes after the prove it moment. Sitting on the bench.....Funny stuff.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:05 PM   #148
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Shifting gears is not hard. Do I miss driving stick? - every now and then. But it's gets tiring. Next car I'm looking at is a CTS V wagon.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #149
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Shifting gears is not hard. Do I miss driving stick? - every now and then. But it's gets tiring. Next car I'm looking at is a CTS V wagon.

I'm waiting to test drive the new ZL1 10 Speed Auto! How crazy will that be?
Old 08-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #150
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I'm waiting to test drive the new ZL1 10 Speed Auto! How crazy will that be?
Should be stupid crazy and 5x better then my 6speed Auto.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #151
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Manual Operators---Like It/Know How
Automatic---Dont Like It/DONT Know How
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #152
Stockish_SS

Drives: 2015 camaro 1SS
Me leaving from 6k.... Cause I like to party

https://youtu.be/N4Lg49op4rk

Last edited by Stockish_SS; 08-30-2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Added link
Stockish_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:20 PM   #153
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish_SS View Post
Me leaving from 6k.... Cause I like to party

https://youtu.be/N4Lg49op4rk
Yep ..that's definitely a party.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:24 PM   #154
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Manual Operators---Like It/Know How
Automatic---Dont Like It/DONT Know How
Ok.....what about the auto guys that like it and definitely know how. Those are the worst.