Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Heelhook22

Drives: 2010 Black SS
CAI from CA Inductions installed

Hello Team,

Just installed my CAI from CA Inductions...man what a difference. My only other modification is the 3" Flowmaster cat back exhaust. Here are my impressions/observations:

Install was fairly easy, only thing I has real trouble with was getting the lid to secure with the special quarter turn screws (they strip easy). Also, I didn't have a heat gun which you will need to secure the hose with the air tube.
At idle, there is no noticeable difference in sound, except when you turn it on in the morning and the idle RPM's are high. Meaty.
When stepping on the gas from idle, you can hear a "foomp/whoosh" sound that sounds like the sound when tennis balls are launched from a tennis ball launching machine.
I gunned this thing on some back roads and on the freeway smashing through the gears. My car just gets and it definitely sounds angrier on the throttle. Absolutely more responsive. Nasty!
I can't attest to the gas mileage yet but I plan on doing a freeway test when its my turn to carpool.
I ordered the black powder coated version of the CAI. The lid that covers the air filter is blue plexiglass/fiberglass? I would have liked to have the clear plaxiglass/fiberglass so people can see the air filter.

Overall, a great compliment to my Flomaster American Thunder exhaust.

Rumor is it gets even better as the computer learns the new air intake?

Let me know if you have any questions,

Heelhook
Heelhook22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
The lid that covers the air filter is blue plexiglass/fiberglass? I would have liked to have the clear plaxiglass/fiberglass so people can see the air filter.

Heelhook[/QUOTE]

I installed one about 3 weeks ago. The cover is clear...I think you did not remove the blue wrap that protects the cover. Also, instead of shrink wrapping that 6" piece to the original breather tube... remove the tube and buy about 2' of 3/8" transmission cooler tubing to replace it with. Looks much cleaner looking.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
CONGRATS! Everyone seems to really enjoy them.
+1 on the blue wrap over the plexiglass window.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Glad you are happy with the new intake system. Thanks for choosing CAI Inc.!

+1 on removing the protective blue wrap covering the clear view window on the lid.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote