Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-30-2022, 12:54 PM   #1
hughesnp

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Bumper Talk

I have a 2015 Camaro LS and have searched for weeks to get an answer with no luck. I'm wanting to change my front bumper to a Z28 front bumper from the same year as my Camaro. Is this possible without too much customization? I will eventually be changing my rear bumper too if there's not too much trouble to do that as well. I would like to use all GM parts because I've had bad luck with aftermarket body parts in the past. Has anyone had any experience with this conversion or has any advice on it besides buy a Z28?
hughesnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #2
Gen5_AK

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesnp View Post
I have a 2015 Camaro LS and have searched for weeks to get an answer with no luck. I'm wanting to change my front bumper to a Z28 front bumper from the same year as my Camaro. Is this possible without too much customization? I will eventually be changing my rear bumper too if there's not too much trouble to do that as well. I would like to use all GM parts because I've had bad luck with aftermarket body parts in the past. Has anyone had any experience with this conversion or has any advice on it besides buy a Z28?

I would be interested in figuring this out as well. My 2011 SS needs a new rear bumper and I've been eyeing several from the RS or the ZL1 (mostly due to availability, certainly opens up options) and not sure if they fit or not.
Gen5_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 01:37 PM   #3
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesnp View Post
Not a 100% sure but I believe the 2015 SS and Z28 bumper are the same just the Z28 had a splitter that attaches to the bottom of the bumper. Since you have a 2015 the headlights wont have to be changed. You would just need to buy the front bumper, bottom splitter, plastic panel underneath the bumper, possibly the plastic bumper retainer and some various nuts and bolts.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:03 PM   #4
hughesnp

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hpbluez28 View Post
Not a 100% sure but I believe the 2015 SS and Z28 bumper are the same just the Z28 had a splitter that attaches to the bottom of the bumper. Since you have a 2015 the headlights wont have to be changed. You would just need to buy the front bumper, bottom splitter, plastic panel underneath the bumper, possibly the plastic bumper retainer and some various nuts and bolts.
Thank you
hughesnp is offline   Reply With Quote