Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #15
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
That's what I hear. I had a chance to meet and compete with Jon Nwanagu down at the Ft Myers ProSolo and he spoke very highly of zMax.

I grew up in Charlotte, so I have an excuse to come back and visit.
Do it! I'll be down sometime next year for the Daytona PDX.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #16
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I would love it if you could make it up to zMax with us some day and check out our venue, it is fantastic especially if you can make it for one of our 2 day events.
+1 to this, the two day event I did at zMax back in April was awesome! And I will be making an excuse to go visit family in the Charlotte area in Novemver so I can run in their final 2 day event of the year! I'm looking forward to showing John how much I've improved since my first event and hopefully give mike a good run for his money in AS!
Old 08-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #17
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
+1 to this, the two day event I did at zMax back in April was awesome! And I will be making an excuse to go visit family in the Charlotte area in Novemver so I can run in their final 2 day event of the year! I'm looking forward to showing John how much I've improved since my first event and hopefully give mike a good run for his money in AS!
John's not the only one you want to show how much you've improved.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:47 AM   #18
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
John's not the only one you want to show how much you've improved.

OHH IT"S ON SON!!!
Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #19
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Be a good RE-71R vs GY Supercar 3 comparison
Old 08-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #20
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Be a good RE-71R vs GY Supercar 3 comparison
I probably will still be on the Goodyears. I should have my wheels by then but I think I'm going to wait until next spring to get some REs and use that setup. But if I can get a good deal on some REs from Paul when my wheels arrive I will go ahead and pull the trigger. Still undecided.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:36 PM   #21
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
That's what I hear. I had a chance to meet and compete with Jon Nwanagu down at the Ft Myers ProSolo and he spoke very highly of zMax.

I grew up in Charlotte, so I have an excuse to come back and visit.
RIP Dr. Jon's Camaro 1LE. I think it was at that event where he totaled it. He ended up ordering a Corvette Gran Sport the very next day and has been driving that in Super Street at the last few events here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
You have some good teachers in your region, and I am sure you have been taking notes. Did the guys in your region ever put up that video they took of them testing your car? I am sure everyone here would like to see it if they have. We will be sure to save a spot for you in Nov.

Quote:
Oh believe me I know it is. I should upload the 2nd run video. I was all over the place and even hit the wipers. HAHA! Truth be told. I've totally bought into that race mode will make even pro drivers a touch faster, but mostly I was trying to swipe that prize money from you. LOL! At least the 1LE's ruled the Tent for the weekend! By the way where's the footage from your monster lap?

For those who aren't aware John (Egon) out PAX'd me and the rest of our "Tent Crew" with a killer lap in his F-Street 5th Gen 1LE. However I had the fastest RAW time of the group. Small victories
Here is the video of my fastest run on Saturday. Looks like I tied it up with you in the big turn around but you got me in the slaloms and acceleration zones.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #22
booyaa56

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Would love to be running with all of you. John hopefully I can take a road trip out there when there's a event going on ����
booyaa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #23
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaa56 View Post
Would love to be running with all of you. John hopefully I can take a road trip out there when there's a event going on ����
You my friend need to make a road trip to Lincoln Nebraska! Find someone here going with a 1LE and co-drive with them or something.

Here is the remainder of our schedule for the year. If you can make it out let me know if you need a co-drive.

AX # 9 - September 23rd @ zMax
AX #10 - October 14th @ zMax
AX #11 - November 11th & 12 @ zMax

BTW someone at SDR-SCCA just cashed my check for a practice from 2015!! Are they still not using online registration in SDR? What are they going to do without Qualcomm parking lot?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:21 PM   #24
booyaa56

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
John,
I plan to do it next year, having a good year under my belt with the new 1LE and a couple of EVO driving classes with Brian Peters, he recently bought a 1LE and showed what it really can do, I was like "WHOA" then you will see me with the nations best my friend. And we have a committee out looking at locations so I'm hoping they find something with far better surface than the Q. And we are now online payment for SCNAX goes but there are still others who don't lol. I'm not sure who would have deposited your check, depends on who organized the event, that's hilarious though
booyaa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #25
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

UPDATE:

That lap was done on slighly corded fronts. I'm getting new tires in the next day or so.

John your right, ironically I hit that turn around better on my 3rd lap but had other issues. If I had nailed the turn around I think I had a 58 in me.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #26
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaa56 View Post
John,
I plan to do it next year, having a good year under my belt with the new 1LE and a couple of EVO driving classes with Brian Peters, he recently bought a 1LE and showed what it really can do, I was like "WHOA" then you will see me with the nations best my friend. And we have a committee out looking at locations so I'm hoping they find something with far better surface than the Q. And we are now online payment for SCNAX goes but there are still others who don't lol. I'm not sure who would have deposited your check, depends on who organized the event, that's hilarious though
I still remember the first autocross I did here at zMax after first moving to NC. I believe I sent you a text with a picture of the venue here and we both marveled how much better it was than Qualcomm! (lets face it though just about any surface short of dirt was better than Qualcomm) Hope you guys are able to find something as awesome as zMax is for us.

EVO school is definitely on my list of things to do in the future. I still haven't done anything to the car yet except for tires and alignment so I am pretty pleased with the progress I have made in getting better. (consistent top 20%+ in PAX in a very tough field in CCR) I would love to go to Nationals too some day but I am just not ready yet, and I know there is a lot more to be done with the car to make it more competitive too.

As for the check, eh I did go to that practice, just weird it took them that long to cash it. LOL!