Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #813
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
We turned south from the hot springs ( boy that road was fun coming down) and took the ferry to Needles.

We had a really great road race all the way to Lumby with Ice Man on my ass all the way. Many sections had 6 and 8 km of switchbacks that were better than the Nakusp hot spring road. Gassed up in Vernon and did Vernon to Kamloops in record time. I recommend this route too any one who does not want to be in line ups on the #1. Not a cop anywhere in the back roads.

BTW...the " 360 " ferry going north had waits in excess of 3 hours today.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #814
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
My 1 hour trip to Salmon arm was uneventful
Glad to hear you guys are making it home okay.
Was definitely better than last year and will be even better next year.
Last year we made acquaintances, this year we met old friends!
Too much fun. Got a little wobbly in the parking lot last night, hehe.
Can't wait to see the vids. Especially of the ferry ride!
For those who weren't there, the Ferry did a donut in the middle of the lake for us and blasted the horn as we did burnouts on the off ramp. All the people waiting to load were running for their cameras. We had grannies cheering us on.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #815
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Not a cop anywhere in the back roads.
Watch it around Lumby though. They like to get you there.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #816
HotWheelsJeremy

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Camaro
Made er back to Edmonton.. Was a super awesome crazy drive home through the icefields pkwy then on through hwy 11 to RMH... Avg speed through the mtns, well, i should just say that i wish a few certain 1LE owners were there to see me through the pass... You all are awesome peeps and cant wait link up with u on the next tour... Cam, DONT brake around corners, Nathan, well, u know.... Mr Hoskin, broke 3 in total.. I smartened up and drank more so when i fell, i was done for the night hahaha.... Jordan, u are a good shit... Roll to PG with me and lets help PG recruit some more troops.... Layla, thx for not accepting MY booze that my wonderful GF was giving away without MY consent hahahahaha... Andy, was a blast sittin shotgun in the 1LE.. Amazing car... Merc, thx... U know.... Shawn, im taking you to the ground bro.. Just so you can see for yourself... LMFAO!!! (boondockin fo sho this winter) Mark, ur hilarious.... See u soon... And to that stoopid hus that was in the bushes and got me in shit, DO NOT RETURN.. NOT WELCOME.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR hahahaha... Last and final note, to the polish guy from Pitt Meadows, you got some explaining to do pal.... The only reason i didnt find out how bad you disrespected me till well after we left was to save you.

To whom ive left out, its because im human and i forget shit sometimes.. Gimme shit tomorrow or whenever hahahaha..... Thank you so much Layla and Brian.. Had a blast.... Goodnite yawl......
Old 08-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #817
Piper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 (sim)
Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #818
SSawdusty
Crewel Jewel

Drives: RJT-2SS-RS-6M
Hi all. We took the Duffy Lake road was twisty steep and fun.... In Pemberton sittin in a hot tub sippin on some wine. Going to the top of Whistler tomorrow. We had a great time can't wait to see you all again next year.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #819
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSawdusty View Post
Hi all. We took the Duffy Lake road was twisty steep and fun.... In Pemberton sittin in a hot tub sippin on some wine. Going to the top of Whistler tomorrow. We had a great time can't wait to see you all again next year.

The Duffy is one of the funnest highways in BC, IMO, as is the Sea to Sky...watch out for the fuzz on the trip to Vancouver. Also, if you want to take a small detour (about 22 kms one way), drive the road up Squamish Valley (not Paradise Valley)and back. It is twisty, windy and follows the Squamish River...absolutely beautiful...put it in 3rd..wind it out and make sure Wanda is holding on to something...hehehe !!! If you have an appetite after that tour,the Shady Tree pub in Squamish has the best double crunch wings in the world.
Ride the Peak to Peak gondola from Whistler to Blackomb and get the carriage with the glass floor...it will blow your mind !!! It isnt supercharged but it is a loooooooooong way down.

Finally, when you get to Britannia Beach, take a left off the highway and follow the windy street to the top of the subdivision. There is a great view of the ocean and surroundings.

Let me know what you think.

Great way to end your tour !!!

Cheers
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

Last edited by meSSohappy; 08-20-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #820
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Had a great time...AGAIN...with everyone! Nice seeing old faces, nice seeing the new and nice seeing the faces I've met in between. It was a hoot!

I'm going through a few (to say the least) pictures here and choosing the good ones to post. Bear with me and I will eventually get them all on here. Here are some from the Ferry for now.

I'll post more as I get time and I'm not so tired. LOL
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #821
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Wow what an great trip, its really all you crazy Camaro people that make these soooooo much fun! Brian has set us up a thread just for pictures

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313419

I will post some there later
Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #822
50range

Drives: 2011 camaro LS3
Wow, had another great weekend in Revelstoke Glad to see great photos, can't wait for more!!!! Have to give a big Thank You to Meltdownaverted and Merc for organizing another amazing weekend. Like you have all mentioned before, old friends and new friends. Looking forward to the next time.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #823
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
We had an AMAZING time with all of you! The cars were absolutely insanely awesome, many many laughs along the way and just can't say enough good things about the people!! Thank you for all the work organizing this trip. We took another scenic route home and enjoyed some more spirited driving and a couple photo ops!

Looking forward to doing this again next year! Well done!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #824
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
See the Picture Thread here...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313419

Closed at Merc's request...
Closed Thread