Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #155
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
From what I've read the ONLY buttons that rainbow1616 didn't get to work on the 6th gen wheel are the ones that control the DIC menu? (I've asked him to confirm) as on all 5th gens they're on the turn signal stalk. I've also asked him to confirm if the DIC menu selections still work from his turn signal stalk?

Aside from that the BIG issue is the air bag light! I wouldn't risk driving with it on knowing there is some kind of fault. Besides it meaning it may not deploy I'd be concerned it could deploy unintentionally

Keep in mind he’s using an automatic 6th gen wheel which has Tap Shift tabs whereas on a manual 6th gen wheel there would be Rev Matching tabs instead. So would the Rev Matching tabs just be dummies or would their harness pins interfere with 5th gen pins on a manual? My guess is they’re new pins that would be ignored by the 5th gen harness

Last edited by camguynj; 05-11-2018 at 08:08 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #156
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
This looks really interesting.
Wonder if there is a way to make the non working buttons mimic as if we were using them off the stock.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #157
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
From what I've read the ONLY buttons that rainbow1616 didn't get to work on the 6th gen wheel are the ones that control the DIC menu? (I've asked him to confirm) as on all 5th gens they're on the turn signal stalk. I've also asked him to confirm if the DIC menu selections still work from his turn signal stalk?

Aside from that the BIG issue is the air bag light! I wouldn't risk driving with it on knowing there is some kind of fault. Besides it meaning it may not deploy I'd be concerned it could deploy unintentionally
Yeah. That's the big issue. Not only that, but if the airbag light is on, the passenger airbag may not work either.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #158
BoEbrahim

Drives: 2010 chevy camaro SS
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the wheel buttons?!

Last edited by BoEbrahim; 04-10-2018 at 11:45 PM.
BoEbrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #159
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
i have the corvette c7 flat bottom steering wheel and I even sent it over to ofer at gen5diy and he couldn't repin it to work.. GM has not released a pinout diagram so my paddles work and horn but the rest of the buttons do not. so I will go a different route maybe on my stock wheel unless the 6th gen can work like that guy mentioned. I read this entire thread and not 1 time did he post a pic or video. knee surgery or not my man never even posted while he was working on it under 2 hours like he said. I have my doubts about his posts but that's just me.
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #160
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Here is a video of the wheel and my dad's 1st reaction

https://youtu.be/VQgBn-_bqHQ
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #161
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Final Update: I did get this completed, its not for the faint of heart. My Brother in law took my car and to where he works and they fixed the air bag issue. No more lights and he said it would work. They reprogrammed the air bag modules but I do not know what they did and it didn't sound like they wanted to share this info. All the buttons on the wheel that worked before still work. The extra buttons on the new wheel do nothing. The buttons on the wheel just control radio functions Not the DIC. Those buttons are still on the turn signal. I do have all the pin outs of both wheels but as was mentioned this is for an auto not the manual wheel.
I'm glad I did this, I love the wheel and the heated function and also it is much easier to get in and out with the flat bottom wheel. Looking back would I do this again? Probably Not
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #162
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
Final Update: I did get this completed, its not for the faint of heart. My Brother in law took my car and to where he works and they fixed the air bag issue. No more lights and he said it would work. They reprogrammed the air bag modules but I do not know what they did and it didn't sound like they wanted to share this info. All the buttons on the wheel that worked before still work. The extra buttons on the new wheel do nothing. The buttons on the wheel just control radio functions Not the DIC. Those buttons are still on the turn signal. I do have all the pin outs of both wheels but as was mentioned this is for an auto not the manual wheel.
I'm glad I did this, I love the wheel and the heated function and also it is much easier to get in and out with the flat bottom wheel. Looking back would I do this again? Probably Not
When you can would like to see some pictures of it installed in the car:pop2
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #163
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
Can you show a picture of how it looks inside the car? I’m dying to see it.
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #164
Rainbow1616

Ill take some pics over the weekend and Ill post the pin outs and wiring diagrams for both wheels.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #165
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Oh. That's disappointing.

Glad you got it working. Sucks that it's not something the rest of us could possibly do.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #166
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_DILLA View Post
Here is a video of the wheel and my dad's 1st reaction

https://youtu.be/VQgBn-_bqHQ
that autobot logo is basically a claymore for your face on airbag deployment. dunno if I would do that
Old 05-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #167
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
Oh. That's disappointing.

Glad you got it working. Sucks that it's not something the rest of us could possibly do.
I think we all feel the same way. If it wasn't for the air bag complication I would give it a try.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:05 AM   #168
Rainbow1616

Who do you guys use to host pictures anymore since photo bucket no longer works?