Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #15
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
I think that's the only layover dyno graph comparison between the vmax and the 80
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #16
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Will quoted some Impala LFX numbers and some links but none for the Camaro. That's why it was so disappointing Derek's test fizzled out.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #17
camrytt

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
And I have the ported intake and spacer, but not for the 80mm, so who knows if that would make a difference

Current: 2017 ZL1 A10
previous: 2019 1SS A10
previous: '14 L99, CAI intake, vmax ported tb, e85 kit, stage 2 cnc heads, speed engineering long tubes, custom high flows, resonated x pipe, muffler delete, qtp cut outs, gpi ss3 vvt Cam, zl1 pump and injectors, fti triple disc, mayhem motorsports trans cooler and tune, ngk spark plugs +red msd wires, 3.91 gears.
Past: '12 LFX, full bolt ons + E85, 302hp/267tq
camrytt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #18
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

When your starting with 217 cu. in. And 323 stock hp, it hard to get more out of it. I'm mean all the boltons prior to overkill only added up to what, 25- with a tune included. That's why I think the OK tune + E 85 combo is the way to go , get that 40+ bump for 700. Then do other boltons like down pipes and jacfab duo.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #19
camrytt

Yea if you're looking for jumps in hp the only big numbers I got were from my initial tune for 93 and then another big jump from the e85 tune. Everything else didn't do much number wise. I got a drag day coming up (mopar club renting the strip, no date yet) so that should be fun.

If I had known about the overkill tune 2.5 years ago I would have gotten it just for the damn free updates and retunes!

previous: '14 L99, CAI intake, vmax ported tb, e85 kit, stage 2 cnc heads, speed engineering long tubes, custom high flows, resonated x pipe, muffler delete, qtp cut outs, gpi ss3 vvt Cam, zl1 pump and injectors, fti triple disc, mayhem motorsports trans cooler and tune, ngk spark plugs +red msd wires, 3.91 gears.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #20
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro LFX
Yeah. Top mods as far as hp gains goes seems to be cold air inatakes, maybe with scoop, ported manifold with spacer and 93 tune. Not sure if hi flows downpipes add hp but still worth it for the sound.
dreyesforeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #21
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro LFX
E-85 , twin turbos and so forth are the next choices
dreyesforeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #22
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Dyno results from an LFX Impala showing an 8 wheel horsepower gain top end and 11 wheel torque gain midrange with the 80mm vs the VMAX 72mm. You can see his mods listed on the dyno sheet.

Jason @ JACFAB also very kindly flowbenched the 80mm vs 72mm on an unported Camaro intake manifold and saw a 4% flow increase which is pretty significant.

I completely understand there's been two Camaro dynos now showing modest or no gains leading to skepticism, but part of this may be due to the small 76mm inner diameter intake systems that are being run on every Camaro here on the boards with the exception of two with a Sweeney 3.5" tube and one gentleman with a Spectre intake who removed the reducing sleeve, either of which gives an 82-85mm ID intake tube depending on tubing thickness. This requires tuning, which is available if you have or get an Overkill tune.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:22 AM   #23
Chantro5

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
From everything I've read, it'll take Will a while to get it to you, but he will.

It works with the VTC just like the ported VMAX TB does.

It gives roughly the same gains as the VMAX, which is just a handful of whp. It's mostly for throttle response, but the 80mm is said to sound meaner than the VMAX.

It won't void the warranty. Especially since nobody will even be able to tell the throttle body is different from behind the intake tube.

It takes just a few minutes to install. You're just pulling off the intake tube, then unscrewing and re-screwing some bolts into the adapter and throttle body.
Yeah I bought one while I can and am just going to go ahead and install it because I'm looking for power gains, but mostly for throttle response. When I go for strictly power is when I'm looking into a S/C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
I got mine in ten to twelve days. Took 5-6 days to ship, 5-6 days to receive. It should work with the VTC, I haven't heard of it not working with one. VTC does not add hp or torque. It makes throttle response better. Depending on if you have any other mods, cold air intake,ect. you should expect 8rwhp from the 80. It isn't hard to install ,half hour to an hour. As far as the warrenty, it depends on the dealership and what the warrenty issue is. Technicly they can void your warrenty if they determine that is the cause of the failure. You can e-mail Will at Overkill and ask him about shipping, I did and he returned my e-mail the next day. The 80 increased my throttle response without a VTC, and the sound is deeper and more ballsy. It took about two weeks or so before the ecu 'learned' and adjusted to the larger throttle body. If you don't have all ready have one ,I would suggest that you get a cold air intake system , as this will work hand and hand with the larger TB and will also increase hp and give you more sound from under the hood. I love my 80, and I'm sure you will too. Have fun, enjoy, and ROCK ON!!
Yeah man, I already have CAI and a canned tune until I can get a Overkill tune. I also posted this in the LLT forum mistakenly and Will replied himself personally and that spoke volumes to me. I'm mostly looking for a meaner sound and throttle response. Any gains will just be icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flotek View Post
This mod sounded great with all the hype it made over the last few months ,but the reality over time is I've yet to see much of any conclusive proof whatsoever that this is worth the time trouble or expense compared to a ported stock throttle body. A little better response and 2-3 hp isn't worth hundreds of dollars and piecing together a hodgepodge of questionable parts in my eyes ,unless someone has posted real world proof other than just a testimonial they think it helped out
I hear you man, I just picked it up because it was feasible for me at the time and I'm slightly modding until it becomes possible for me to dive off into the deep end (internals hopefully and S/C or turbo), but I pulled the trigger on it due to all of the positive reviews. Not because its one of the latest trends, but because I'd rather put on something that does at least something rather than buying expensive rims, spoilers, accessories, etc that will add to looks and not power or functionality.

Quote:
Well the v-6 LFX doesn't get very much gains from any bolt on, especially after the first one is installed. So 2-3 rwhp is 2-3 more the the v-max gets. You could spend 500 dollars on high flow cats and not get very much more than the 2-3 that the 80 gives you over the vmax. People get high flows for the hp gain and the sound. The 80 has an improved sound while the vmax sounds no different than stock. Plus you don't have to send your stock TB in to get your core deposit back. You can sell it or keep it. V-max is 150 and the 80 is 299, so the difference is not 'hundreds'.
Yeah I usually research, study, and read up before I pull the trigger on something and the price wasn't too much of a difference so I went with Will since he has a big following of reputable people who sincerely back what he is selling. Where can I get some HFC for $500??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
You have to remember though, both people on here that have dyno'd the 80mm against the VMAX without Will's tune didn't make anymore power.
Yeah and honestly I'm fine with that. I know i won't start seeing or noticing any gains without actually getting the stuff that gives me those gains. I'm going for a better throttle response and sound, while chasing gains if that makes sense.

I just wanna say thanks to all of you guys for replying back, its cool getting to learn more stuff and a better path to building "Grey Matter".
Old 08-07-2016, 02:24 AM   #24
Chantro5

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
I think the OP is installing his first two mods, the Vtc and the 80. So all these other comparisons had multiple mods, some had them all. So there probibly would be different results on from stock to the vmax or 80? What does the members think?
I'll be putting it on top of CAI and a canned tune.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #25
tazman

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I can't believe I am the only unlucky person who has a problem with Will's tune. Hopefully if I can get him to work out what is causing the issue but it sucks going days with out any information.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #26
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Yeah I usually research, study, and read up before I pull the trigger on something and the price wasn't too much of a difference so I went with Will since he has a big following of reputable people who sincerely back what he is selling. Where can I get some HFC for $500??

American racing headers has HFC down pipes for 475. Go to Sanjay's ARH thread ,or ask the man himself. He knows the hook up!
Old 08-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #27
camrytt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
I can't believe I am the only unlucky person who has a problem with Will's tune. Hopefully if I can get him to work out what is causing the issue but it sucks going days with out any information.
Yea I think I'm the only one with the problem with his tb. I really liked it too haha

Old 08-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #28
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
I recently added the 3.5 maf setup, Will sent a revised re mapping and going through revisions now... Fell a little behind because right after the maf upgrade my clutch started letting go and has been in a week now...things keep getting better with this combo.. The 3.5 has added improved feel and smoothness...as soon as Will and I are happy with revisions...we will start running e85
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
posts gone because you dont reply 2, z emails