Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #29
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleL View Post
What is the potential power limit of the stock fuel system? This setup I mentioned should put the car between 650-700, which seems to be where I'm seeing people get to on stock fuel. This is the formula I used to calculate s/c rpm...crank pulley/sc pulley=x. X * engine rpm = sc rpm. So based on that, the 9% reduction (or 8.75) lower with a 2.31 upper, when divided, yields 3.787878. Multiplying that by 6500 rpm equates to a sc rpm of 24,621. This does overspin the blower, however, from what I've seen from c7z's, that seems to be an rpm that makes decent power without boost falling out on the higher end, which would be the case if you were to really overspin it, say closer to 30k rpms on top of almost guaranteed sc failure. I don't see the lt4 not being able to take a few extra lbs of boost and hurting the motor, unless it runs out of fuel or has a shitty tune. A cam will help ensure it won't run out of fuel but won't have any bearing on over revving a supercharger since that forumla I mentioned is based on engine rpm

There gains shown of 15-20rwhp from porting the snout. Do I think that is a waste of money? That's all opinions since intakes don't pick up a whole lot more and cost the same as the port work. Headers are picking up about the same but costs 3x as much. I think the 2.5/8.6 you mentioned are stock sizes to begin with.

Then there's always the stock pulley setup with a little spray on top too
Your #'s are right when I posted I forgot this was the 6th Gen Forum...On the 5th Gen the pulleys are 3.0/7.8 stock, I don't know what they are on the 6th...I haven't venture into modding beyond the basics which have been a great performance gain for me...Good luck with your build...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:08 PM   #30
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Hey do you realize you're on the 6th gen Forum lol? All that info is correct for the 5ths but not for the 6ths lol.
I wasn't even thinking about the forum...You should have apologized to the OP and made him aware that I was stuck in time...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote