Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 10-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
csorrentini

Drives: 2010 Orange 2SS/RS
Rough acceleration and loss of power

Good morning all,

So a little backlog. I recently had an issue with my old COMP Cam on cylinder 7 due to the roller not functioning properly and grinding the lobe of the cam down. Fast forward and I decided I wanted to upgrade more so I purchased the GPI Max Performance PAckage which consists of modified LS7 heads, Cam, and MSD Air Force Intake Manifold. With this I also purchased C5-R Timing Chain, Trunnion Upgrade and Timing Chain Dampener. Had all parts installed by local shop, tuned, pulled 525 whp and everything seemed groovy. However, shortly after the vehicle started to have hard starting issues which replacing the starter fixed.

Now that all that is out the way, to the current issue. I just did a 3.5 hour drive to Tampa and everything ran great, even had a few races with some try hards and all good. I arrived at my destination and saw a local car club that asked me to rev so, for the spirit of the bow, I did and ever since that moment the car started "stuttering??" during acceleration and loss of power. I found that on of my spark plug wires was literally touching my headers so it was hard white and damaged so I replaced them all which didn't fix anything. The tuner I met up there was confused at what was causing it because there were no CELs, misfires, nada and all the data seemed to be fine. Drove back home the next day and it ran like poop the whole way and about 2 hours in finally threw the P219A code.

Any thoughts on what I should be looking at??
csorrentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #2
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
This is a duplicate post
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote