Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #211
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Well, as long as I don't have to throw logs into it...
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #212
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Wait!!! They are building an all electric Camaro?!?!?!

Actually, I'd buy a hybrid....I said it before and I'll say it again. As long as the go pedal makes it LOUD AND FAST, I'd take one.

BTW, I have a good feeling that pic was doctored before being released by GM. I recall something being said, or hinted to rather, a while back by Scott about the gas cap. We were complaining about the b-pillar and I had mentioned moving on to the gas cap...somehow...and in some way, I was told not to worry about it. I have a good feeling it could stay put...maybe they doctored the pic to keep it a suprise?

Dragon, I'm pretty sure you remember something about this, right?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #213
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I remember it, it was something like "who said the gas cap has been moved"
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:18 AM   #214
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yeah...I know it was said...or something to that effect. And, I could swear it was Scott. I'm going to have to do some digging...
Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 AM   #215
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
"She has man hands"
- Seinfeld

I always liked that episode....lol.
I was gonna post that too...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #216
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yeah...I know it was said...or something to that effect. And, I could swear it was Scott. I'm going to have to do some digging...
It was. I believe it was from another site, though. He didn't say yey, or ney...just that "Who says it was moved?" I remember that.

I figure it's a 50/50 chance the gas cap stays where it was on the concept. It's not this is a brand-new idea. Cars have had them at 45 deg angles...they have them on slants in the body lines. Hell - I've seen one where a body crease went right through it.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #217
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
The only problem I see with a rear quarter panel mounted filler lid is the possibility of rain water, snow or ice getting into the tank. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and think it ought to stay; the lid should just be flush with the body so to speak. I would hate to stand there and use all the paper towels at 7-11 just to soak up rain water.

Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #218
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
The only problem I see with a rear quarter panel mounted filler lid is the possibility of rain water, snow or ice getting into the tank. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and think it ought to stay; the lid should just be flush with the body so to speak. I would hate to stand there and use all the paper towels at 7-11 just to soak up rain water.

Good point!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #219
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Vents aren't going to be functional. I'll find the video. It's to be an affordable car, folks - you really think they're going to spend time, and money with ducting to make them functional? That's not to say I wouldn't want them to be - I think it'd be cool.

As for cutting them out - IF I'm not mistaken...the first gens' were cut out, the scond gens had those vents on the sides for "engine heat" - those weren't functional, but they were cut out, the concepts were cut out....
Why not these? You really think they'd pull a Mustang, and not cut them out to at least look functional? Please. The prototypr pics/angles aren't good enough to see anything, anyways. Plus, who's to say that perhaps it was just an added step, that GM decided wasn't needed to be taken for a prototype vehicle?
just look at the picture I posted right before your post, the 69 Camaro does not have cutout vents. Starting in 78 and going through 81 the vents located on the front fenders of Z-28's were functional to exhaust the heat from the engine compartment like the Pontiac T/A

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #220
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Starting in 78 and going through 81 the vents located on the front fenders of Z-28's were functional to exhaust the heat from the engine compartment like the Pontiac T/A
Well...maybe a little...but they weren't 'functional' on my Dad's '79 Z...they open into a cavity between the engine compartment wall, and the body panel. There's no direct route to the underhood air that I can see....So, I suppose some heat could escape - but not nearly enough where I would consider them functional.

But, yeah - my bad on the '69s. I always thought they were fake...but cut-out.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #221
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well...maybe a little...but they weren't 'functional' on my Dad's '79 Z...they open into a cavity between the engine compartment wall, and the body panel. There's no direct route to the underhood air that I can see....So, I suppose some heat could escape - but not nearly enough where I would consider them functional.

But, yeah - my bad on the '69s. I always thought they were fake...but cut-out.
I had a 79 also, and there were channels for are to escape from under the hood into the space you are talking about, and at speed there was a vacuum effect to help pull the heated air through.
still more functional than the 69 was.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #222
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Good point!
Hey! You stole the words right outta my mouth!

Yeah...I wouldn't want a pool of water sitting in the gas cap location either when I try to go to filler up. Better yet, why in the world not just tap a hole on the side of the gas cap to allow the water to drain. I'm sure GM has thought of something like that. Just build it in a way where the water can drain into/under the panel. It'll still work fine.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #223
mikeyram
SSR / Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2003 Chevy SSR
The SSR concept went through several changes also. Mirrors were added from the Vette, gas cap location was moved, interior was changed quite a bit. The concept's body was wider and lower to the ground. The production SSR, not so much. Rear lights and tailgate changed. All in all I love the new Camaro and it would look awesome sitting next to my SSR in the garage. In orange!
"1 Badd Ride" #2231.
mikeyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #224
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hey! You stole the words right outta my mouth!

Yeah...I wouldn't want a pool of water sitting in the gas cap location either when I try to go to filler up. Better yet, why in the world not just tap a hole on the side of the gas cap to allow the water to drain. I'm sure GM has thought of something like that. Just build it in a way where the water can drain into/under the panel. It'll still work fine.
I thought the corvette had the filler cap on the back lid sometime ago, what was the trick then.
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote