Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
MaroMike94

Drives: 2012 camaro lt
Just dropped off the camaro

Just dropped off my car for a air leak somewhere (which ended up being a recall) And a loud winding sound when I drive. I just hope I don't have to deal with any BS about my intake or exhaust, which do not void the warranty.
MaroMike94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
ragtop11

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
my dealer just denied warranty on my car for a check engine light do to having a
CAI.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop11 View Post
my dealer just denied warranty on my car for a check engine light do to having a
CAI.

and incorrect.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Ya my dealership said you can do anything you want as long as its bolt on. I bought from a bigger dealership though. Some small dealerships are tight with warrentys because of money tightness. I have a full exhaust and have had no trouble.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by akCamaross View Post
Ya my dealership said you can do anything you want as long as its bolt on. I bought from a bigger dealership though. Some small dealerships are tight with warrentys because of money tightness. I have a full exhaust and have had no trouble.

The dealers don't pay for warranties. If they were smart, they would preform the work, modded or not. They get paid by the manufacturer not only for parts used but for the labor. The dealers actually make money for performing the work, just as if you paid for it. This is why i don't know why any dealer would deny warranty work for any reason. Even a flashed ECU unless they needed to send the old one back to the manufacture, but they almost never ask for it back.
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I thought I read that at first they didn't want to work on it. But they fixed it at no charge? I wonder if he will put a claim into GM?
it was just a loose vacuum hose, i would hope it was free
Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
ragtop11

They came out and told me that if I wanted them to look further into the check engine light that they would have to charge me for it as I had a CAI installed on the car and it voided my warranty.
after I told them that I didn't want them to do any further work on the car and I
would take the car back with still having the check engine light, then within a few minutes they came out and told me it was fixed and the problem was a vacum hose.
I will not be doing bussines with this dealer anymore.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike94 View Post
Just dropped off my car for a air leak somewhere (which ended up being a recall) And a loud winding sound when I drive. I just hope I don't have to deal with any BS about my intake or exhaust, which do not void the warranty.
Please let us know how everything goes, however, please note :

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or failure resulting from modification, alteration or suspected tampering, to the vehicle's original equipment as manufactured or assembled by General Motors.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
CAI.
WTF?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know how everything goes, however, please note :

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or failure resulting from modification, alteration or suspected tampering, to the vehicle's original equipment as manufactured or assembled by General Motors.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Suspected ? Gee , and i thought that one is innocent until proof guilty .

But again i was wrong once before !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
chaoscamaro

Drives: 2011 camaro ss2 I.O. M6
Quote:
They came out and told me that if I wanted them to look further into the check engine light that they would have to charge me for it as I had a CAI installed on the car and it voided my warranty.
after I told them that I didn't want them to do any further work on the car and I
would take the car back with still having the check engine light, then within a few minutes they came out and told me it was fixed and the problem was a vacum hose.
I will not be doing bussines with this dealer anymore.
why are mechanics so damn shady! That pisses me off. I would send that to corporate.Good thing you were not a chump and just agreed with their shenanagans, good move. At this point I would not be surprised if they tried to do something to make the check engine light back on or add another problem so they can charge to fix it. This was a Chevy dealership service mechanic?
chaoscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
ragtop11

same chevy dealership that I brought the car from, they did not charge me for the
repair, i believe they had it repaired at the time they told me that my warranty was voided because of the CAI, that's when I told them i didn't want them to go any further, then they came back a few minutes later telling me it was repaired, had me sign the work order, gave me my keys and i was on my way. No check engine light.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike94 View Post
So we should all be receiving a recall notice on our 12' Camaro's?? Can't find any info on it
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
what kind of air leak?
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote