Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #15
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZL1 View Post
So I installed my new rotofab intake today and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed in my quiet supercharger sound. I've had supercharged cars before and with a cai the SC would scream! Why does this SC sound tame? I am planning on also installing a 2.85 pulley for now so no tune and then the hub will be on there for the next pulley drop, will I notice more SC whine once I start going smaller pulleys?

Side note: while installing the rotofab my daughter came out to the garage and said she loves the new car.and hugged it ! LMAO!
That is soooooooo freaking cute. You should be very proud of her.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:26 AM   #16
JBZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
She's loved cars from day one! I had a GTP all modded up which she dubbed the "race car" due to the loud exhaust and it was fast, when I told her we now have a new race car she cried and didn't want me to sell it! Haha ! But since she's been in the ZL1 now she loves it! She's 4 and my other daughter is 1.5, when I floor it (responsibly of course when they're in the car) they both yell "weeeee" it's so cute! So many people are shocked when they see the car and there's two baby seats in the back. I almost bought a Z06 but the 2 seat thing kinda sucked , then I found my ZL1 and knew right away it was meant to be! We've gone on a few family cruises since and I can continue to share my love of cars with my girls. My daughter and I drove the car home from the dealer together. . Memories! I want her to know her cars!!!
JBZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #17
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
I was glad to hear the SC whir when I installed my Roto-fab. Then I added the headers and that awesome sound was nearly gone. Only downfall to the headers.

People always compliment my duo of recaro child seats in the back of the ZL1. They even match the interior colors. My kids also say "weee" around some spirited turns. My 2 year old son did it this morning on our way to a car show. My 4 year old daughter always says faster daddy. I am happy to oblige (within limits). I hope they share the same passion for cars as I have and grew up with in my family.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #18
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSSRS View Post
I was glad to hear the SC whir when I installed my Roto-fab. Then I added the headers and that awesome sound was nearly gone. Only downfall to the headers.
Is it the case where the headers are just loud and you can't hear the SC whine? If so, I think that's okay with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSSRS View Post
I hope they share the same passion for cars as I have and grew up with in my family.
Sounds like a sure thing.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:37 PM   #19
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
I don't think it has to do with the loudness of the headers, two different sounds. Just the decrease in back pressure allowing the air to flow better. I also saw at least a 1 pound drop in boost at WOT after adding the headers, but an increase in power. I just added the 10% pulley and got the boost back and some of the SC whine.