Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #29
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
No but seriously, for some people, this could be their way of making a sleeper.
Think about it, if I had a 700hp v8 lurking under the hood, and I had a ZedL1 front facia....well the common snake would assume its a ZedL1. Well you know where it goes from there.
That's some strange logic. A sleeper, really? And I'm sure all ZL1's will be kept at stock HP levels.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #30
antivenom

Drives: Too many to list
antivenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #31
Shurenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by antivenom View Post
Credibility confirmed
Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #32
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
I’m coming after you if my ZL1 is on constraint due to a missing front splitter!!! *lol*
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #33
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
I’m coming after you if my ZL1 is on constraint due to a missing front splitter!!! *lol*

c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #34
antivenom

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
If that's anything like Z06's, Dealerships will stock the splitter. Lots of people with a C6 Z06 rub the splitters off on parking curbs.
antivenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #35
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
The clones are coming! The clones are coming!
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #36
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
this just makes me believe this car is going to be here really really soon (:
Drake Heminger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #37
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
Given hope for what? Hope that people can make fake ZL1s? Hope to make fake ZL1s more common than real ones? Hope to spoil legitimate owners pride in owning a rare 2012 ZL1?

I guess I should turn my Charger SXT into a fake SuperBee!

Shutup, the zl1 front bumper looks better than SS, so thats why I want it, im not going to be a fake zl1, im not getting the hood that is ugly IMO, im not putting zl1 badges, I will still have SS badges.

I figure why purchase a similar looking aftermarket version when I want it to look like the ZL1,

I suppose you say everyone who gets quad exhaust is trying to be a ZL1??

What about a suede steering wheel? Am I allowed to get that, or do I have to call you first
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #38
Unrestricted

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by antivenom View Post
Do you have all of the parts yet? I've got mine in too along with the lights and light bezels but I'm still waiting on parts 27 & 31 from this pic......
Unrestricted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #39
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
what is the part#
Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #40
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Personally I see nothing wrong with SS owners putting the ZL1 fascia on their car, AS LONG AS there is no ZL1 badging anywhere on the car. Lots of V6's have the SS front fascia and it's fine and dandy until they put SS badges on then it's a problem. A Fascia is a fascia, sure it's on a "higher" model car but it's not claiming that car is something it's not, that's what badging is for.

If the ZL1 front facia does end up fitting older models so be it and I think they look great and I would be interested in getting one but you won't see me putting a ZL1 badge in the grill or anything, it's just basically adding new aftermarket bodykits...same principle...you're changing the look of your car, not claiming it to be a "better" model... that is unless you put fake badging on... so don't! be proud of what you have
Old 11-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #41
ROBBDOGG1986
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post

No offense to you personally, but I'm calling fake on this one. This fascia has a partial splitter on the sides that would need the middle portion of the splitter installed. That's a big red flag to me.

All of the ZL1 splitters that we have seen have been one solid piece, unlike this one. Unless GM changed the design, something smells fishy with this.

vs

Edit: I just realized that the bottom portion where the "partial splitter" is may just be some type of filler piece to protect the fascia

If that's the case disregard this post

This is NOT fake! This is 100% real! If some of you didn't know I sold my bumper last month ..... Now you know why. I'm the one who ordered it. Now I will be the one to have the first cloned zL1.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #42
Shurenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart53 View Post
Personally I see nothing wrong with SS owners putting the ZL1 fascia on their car, AS LONG AS there is no ZL1 badging anywhere on the car. Lots of V6's have the SS front fascia and it's fine and dandy until they put SS badges on then it's a problem. A Fascia is a fascia, sure it's on a "higher" model car but it's not claiming that car is something it's not, that's what badging is for.

If the ZL1 front facia does end up fitting older models so be it and I think they look great and I would be interested in getting one but you won't see me putting a ZL1 badge in the grill or anything, it's just basically adding new aftermarket bodykits...same principle...you're changing the look of your car, not claiming it to be a "better" model... that is unless you put fake badging on... so don't! be proud of what you have
Like I said before, people are going to do what they want to do that comes with the territory, but let's agree to disagree on this one. My opinion is that the unique fascia is a very big identifier of the model (and this also applies to the SS fascia on a V6 model like you mentioned). It might not be a badge, but it's awful close IMO.

If I see a ZL1 or SS fascia on a car across the road, I'm going to think it's a ZL1 or SS respectively. I'm not going to get all close and look for badges.

I know that about a year after the C6 Z06 was released, I saw one of the first ones in a parking lot. It had the wide body, the intake port in the front fascia, etc. Upon close inspection, it wasn't a Z06 at all but a base model with a Z06 body kit. What a disappointment. I went from being all excited to saying "oh" and walking away. Not that there is anything wrong with the base model C6, I just felt deceived and therefore it lessened my appreciation for the car in general. Maybe the owner just liked the way the kit looked, or maybe he was trying to fool people, who knows.

To me it's a no no and I would never do it. If GM offers up some special addition ultimate Camaro with an LS9 and a different fascia that I thought looked better than the ZL1, I wouldn't even think about swapping out fascias (or any other unique body panel or feature to that model). That's just an unwritten rule I personally abide by.

That's just my opinion and I'm sure it's going to ruffle some feathers. Get whatever makes you happy but don't expect everyone else to be receptive to it, that also comes with the territory.