Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Cynthius

Drives: '11 2LT/RS (M6) & '85 Toyota MR2
I Hit Up Exotics Racing in Vegas Last Week (Stingray, R8, Italia)

Was in Vegas last week for a buddy's wedding and I hit up Exotics Racing at LVMS. Here are some laps in the new Stingray, a 458 Italia and an R8.

Stingray has traffic so probably the most entertaining video, plus I was learning the car/track so I had a slight off lol. The Italia was awesome and the R8 disappointed big time.

The instructors were good but they weren't receptive to conversation and kept giving orders lol. They probably get tons of people with no experience so I guess that's reasonable.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Very nice. Why was the R8 disappointing? Do you think it would have been disappointing if you hadn't driven the 458 prior?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #3
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
I've been there and yea the instructors kinda suck they ruined my experience they just scream out orders like i fuking paid good money u better have patience…. but there not all like that the instructor my cousin had let him made mistakes and didn't tell him what to do in orders like mine that wanted everything perfect…. he got to make mistakes and move on…

so if you don't really have money to blow in vegas and you never drove in a track don't go lol waste the money in some poker lol
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #4
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Oh, sadly I can't see the vids- blocked in my country. I went there in Febuary this year, I had a great time. The instructor I had was very helpful, giving me tips and guidance, but also not getting in my way, except he kept telling me to go faster! Hehehe, I should have had more confidence in my car. I got to drive the Ferrarri 430, that's my wife's favorite car. If it was up to me I probably would have chosen the 458. While its not really money well spent, I'm glad to have had the experience!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Cynthius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Very nice. Why was the R8 disappointing? Do you think it would have been disappointing if you hadn't driven the 458 prior?
You're probably partially right, I did drive the 458 before the R8, but I found the tapshifts slow and cumbersome and it didn't handle near my expectations. It was still fun though, don't get me wrong, and probably awesome for off track driving or with a true manual gearbox (if the even make them anymore). Note also that I had faster lap times in the base stingray with soft suspension than I did in the V10 R8.

Definitely a pricey day but who else is going to let me drive their Ferrari on the track!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I think about doing this every time I go to Vegas but you are right, it is pricey, but everything in Vegas it. Looks like fun though.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
I did this a couple years ago when they were using the infield course. I drove the 458. Awesome car, very confidence inspiring. My instructor gave a lot of instruction, but not to the point of barking orders. He also gave me an extra lap because I passed a bunch of cars, some of which held me up. I was surprised at how hard they let you push the cars, but I know I could have gone faster without him. He always had me in one gear too high in the corners and his braking points were earlier than I know the car could handle. Overall not cheap, but totally worth it.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
If you don't mind me asking, how expensive was it?
Old 11-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
Cynthius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how expensive was it?
Base prices depend on the car... www.exoticsracing.com has all the rates. There is always a "deal" when you get there though. When I was there they had $150 for 5x laps in the R8, buy one get one free drift ride-along and buy 6 laps get the 7th free.