Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #6399
chalhoee

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS/RS
Anyone selling zl1/1le 10 spoke black wheels on here? Thanks
-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
-Tuned by Solid Tech Performance (ABQ, NM)
chalhoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #6400
chalhoee

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Hey guys you missed a couple of good days at the track.
The C7 ran 12.6 bone stock. Today I broke down and charged all the batteries... Truck, trailer and Camaro were all dead. My poor Camaro had cobwebs in it.
I am so rusty behind the wheel. I did manage an 11.2 though. I need to haul it to a track with better air to get into the 10's.

Congrats on the C7 and both ET's. Would love to make a pass with you against the C7 one day. Best I've done is 12.9 on street tires so I'm sure it would be an interesting race. Your camaro is too fast for me so I'm not even gonna bother going against that one haha . Maybe when I'm H/C/I we can go at it .
-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
-Tuned by Solid Tech Performance (ABQ, NM)
chalhoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #6401
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Car Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Whoops! The release is on March 14th not the 24th, my bad guys. I also just realized that The Wheels of Dreams Car Show is on the Saturday that I was planning on having this event for and I always avoid having events on days that one of our members have one of their own, especially since the car show was planned and posted ahead in advance. I like attending this car show as there is a plethora, he he I just love to use that word when the opportunity arises, of cars that are on display and Cruces surprisingly is a big collector scene so you'd be very surprised on the types of cars that are show.

If you haven't been to it you should check it out and we usually make a little presence know at the show for the past 3 years and I for one would like to continue on with the tradition, but it's up to you guys whether you would like to postpone the movie deal for a later date and attend the Wheels of Dreams Car Show in Las Cruces and then grab a late lunch early dinner at 3:30/4PM afterwards? If we decide on attending the show, we should get together and see on what we should bring/display at the show for the group like canopies, displays and even see if we can get decals made by InfernoZ.

So let's put it up to a vote, majority wins. On Saturday "MARCH 22nd" should we attend the Wheels of Dreams Car Show in Las Cruces and then grab dinner, OR Do a Movie Day for Need for Speed and then dinner? I'll put my vote in first.

I VOTE CAR SHOW!
We will be there
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #6402
garfield1969
Garfield Special

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
car show
garfield1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #6403
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
hey their everyone,
need help

every time I go on freeway from 55 to 65 mph my steering wheel starts shaking, at higher or lower speeds its perfect, its been a couple of times I balance my tires and alignment and it goes away but after 2 months it starts doing it again, any suggestions
Old 02-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #6404
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
hey their everyone,
need help

every time I go on freeway from 55 to 65 mph my steering wheel starts shaking, at higher or lower speeds its perfect, its been a couple of times I balance my tires and alignment and it goes away but after 2 months it starts doing it again, any suggestions
Hey Jose how you doing?

Does your car sit for extended periods of time? If so it might be as simple as getting flat spots on the tires which I've noticed seems to cause vibration on most vehicles around that speed. I had that problem off and on with the old pirellis.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #6405
jose1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Hey Jose how you doing?

Does your car sit for extended periods of time? If so it might be as simple as getting flat spots on the tires which I've noticed seems to cause vibration on most vehicles around that speed. I had that problem off and on with the old pirellis.
Mr. Ryan good to hear from you how the wife-ee doing?

Yes, after doing reaserch, i do leave the maro parked for long periods of time from 1 week to 2 weeks, so i get the flat tire.

with a simple balancing proplem goes away, good thing i got the pirellis at discount so i have free balancing for the duration of the tires

thanks ryan, hope to see you all soon
Old 02-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #6406
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Yup, same thing had happened to me about two years ago. Did the same exact steps with the alignment and balancing thinking that it shoulda sixed the problem, but thankfully a friend of mine from Discount brought up the question if I leave the car sitting for periods longer than two weeks. Something about those Perelli's.

On the subject of tires, it's time for me to get some new treads and I think I'm gonna go to the Nittos this time around. They're cheaper, handle just the same and apparently they last a whole lot longer than the 2 year/20,000 mile length. $1,200 for a set is just way too much for me currently. Anyone had any issues with the Nittos compared to the P-Zeros?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #6407
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Yup, same thing had happened to me about two years ago. Did the same exact steps with the alignment and balancing thinking that it shoulda sixed the problem, but thankfully a friend of mine from Discount brought up the question if I leave the car sitting for periods longer than two weeks. Something about those Perelli's.

On the subject of tires, it's time for me to get some new treads and I think I'm gonna go to the Nittos this time around. They're cheaper, handle just the same and apparently they last a whole lot longer than the 2 year/20,000 mile length. $1,200 for a set is just way too much for me currently. Anyone had any issues with the Nittos compared to the P-Zeros?
Hey Charlie, check out the Vredestein Ultra Setanta, I can tell you they have way more traction and are a little more budget friendly. I did a lot of research on them and what I found is they have higher wet and dry traction ratings as well as longer tread wear life than the Nittos. The only down side is I never found anybody in the area that carries them and you have to order them and have them mounted here which may bring up the price a little.

If you only need rears, I see quite a few goodyear take offs from 1le's and ZL1's here in the marketplace for really good prices.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 02-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #6408
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
check to see if the weights came off. they have been known to fly off. tires sitting for two weeks should not cause flat spots. cars at dealerships sit longer than two weeks. also helps to add a little more air pressure when sitting for extended times. hope this helps.
Quote:
hey their everyone,
need help

Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #6409
garfield1969
Garfield Special

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
I agree with 2013 1LE if the weights fly off, you will have those tires vibrating the increase of speed it will go away but at lower it will shimmy. Discount tire should look into this, if not I recommend Martin Tire at Talbot/Transmountain..
Garfield
garfield1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #6410
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Personally I still blame it on the Pirellis, I got my tires balanced because they were vibrating a little before taking a trip to California, the vibration did not go away till I got new tires. I think the pirellis are ok for a DD, but I think they still have abnormal wear problems.

504hp/478tq
Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #6411
jose1003

thanks everyone for the comments
got the wheels balanced, and problem went away
i will try to at least drive the vehicle once a week
Old 02-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #6412
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
just take notice on all the wheel weights and how many there are on each wheel and if the problem comes back check to see if weights are still there. like garfield said the martin tire on transmountain does a great job. i take all my cars there and never had any issues. you should have no problem letting your car sit for 2 weeks or more. just keep an eye on the the tires pressure and add a few extra pounds to them.
Quote:
thanks everyone for the comments
got the wheels balanced, and problem went away
i will try to at least drive the vehicle once a week
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001