Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
ccutaia

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS,
Air Induction Ceramic coated Aluminum Intake Tube

My Air Induction air inlet has a ceramic coated inlet tube between the air filter and the rubber boot connecting to the supercharger. The question, I want to chrome plate the aluminum tube air inlet tube that will take out the ceramic coating on the inside of the tube. The air filter box is connected to a ram air hood that feeds the supercharger with fresh outside air so will the tube without coating be a problem with air temperature????
Old 01-15-2020, 08:05 PM   #2
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Can’t honestly answer that question but chrome will conduct more heat from under hood temps. Just keep that in mind as the supercharger generates enough heat on its own. No need to make IATs harder to control. Just my thoughts.
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #3
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccutaia View Post
My Air Induction air inlet has a ceramic coated inlet tube between the air filter and the rubber boot connecting to the supercharger. The question, I want to chrome plate the aluminum tube air inlet tube that will take out the ceramic coating on the inside of the tube. The air filter box is connected to a ram air hood that feeds the supercharger with fresh outside air so will the tube without coating be a problem with air temperature????
Chrome vinyl wrap can give you the look you want without adding heat soak to your parts. Go to your local wrap shop.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote