Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #43
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
When are you going to tell us the full story?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:07 AM   #44
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
wow just wow
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:29 AM   #45
vicm251

Drives: 2017 Camro ss 1LE
hope it all works out for you man...I live in the tri state area if you want to link up
vicm251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #46
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I have it and haven't used it except once to see if it works. It does! The sunroof is a must for me. Maybe mine will be hard to sell too with the roof.
That is exactly the same level of use my PDR would get. Just once to see it work and that’s it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Good news on the $$! $3K Conquest discount? I got that as part of my deal, hope you make it. Also I work for a GM partner and I think Chevy sweetened the deal even more. My ZL1 was sitting for a while. Not sure if ZLEs are gathering dust.
The salesman asked me if my Hellcat and 1LE would be registered st the same address when we were discussing discounts. Is that the Conquest discount?

On the GM website there was a $1,000 rebate being offered when I built the car.

Yes, it’s great news on the $$. I’m worried Geico is going to drag their feet on the home stretch and I’m gonna miss the savings, I have till next Thursday !

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #47
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
When are you going to tell us the full story?
Hahaha, there’s not much to the story of the accident. It basically boiled down to those damn tires the car comes with. Every single review I’ve seen of the car talks about how “barely Street legal” and how dangerous the tires can be if the conditions are not optimal. Well, I found out how dangerous they are in sub 50 degree weather and wet pavement.

My advice, even if you’re driving 1.5 miles from your house (like I was) and it’s below 50 degrees and the road is wet, SWAP YOUR REAR TIRES !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicm251 View Post
hope it all works out for you man...I live in the tri state area if you want to link up
Thank you man. Yes, I would love to meet up with another ZL1 and cruise through Bear Mountain man.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 05-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #48
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Hahaha, there’s not much to the story of the accident. It basically boiled down to those damn tires the car comes with. Every single review I’ve seen of the car talks about how “barely Street legal” and how dangerous the tires can be if the conditions are not optimal. Well, I found out how dangerous they are in sub 50 degree weather and wet pavement.

My advice, even if you’re driving 1.5 miles from your house (like I was) and it’s below 50 degrees and the road is wet, SWAP YOUR REAR TIRES !!!!

Thank you man. Yes, I would love to meet up with another ZL1 and cruise through Bear Mountain man.
FYI, there's a snow/ice drive mode setting.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #49
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Every single review I’ve seen of the car talks about how “barely Street legal” and how dangerous the tires can be if the conditions are not optimal. Well, I found out how dangerous they are in sub 50 degree weather and wet pavement.

I got caught driving home one day in a (figurative) monsoon, and even without the "R" version of the tires I felt the rear tires get a little squirrelly once. Snow/ice mode, a little lift, and a little correction got it back on track, but I definitely slowed down another 10mph after that.

I'll get another summer out of these Goodyears, then probably swap them for some Continental ExtremeContact Sports for those rare times I do get caught out in the rain.

Glad it's working out for you.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #50
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
FYI, there's a snow/ice drive mode setting.
No kidding

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #51
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
No kidding
Are you saying it was in use and it didn’t prevent your mishap?
Old 05-23-2018, 05:13 PM   #52
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Save money on PDR and go with an after market solution. They are better in my opinion.

Video quality and sound buffering on the existing PDRs is pretty bad.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:48 AM   #53
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
The tires when cold will skip n hop, no grip. You have to get good mile into them before they are "warm" ie picking up rocks.AND that when its 60+.. anything below that and they are plastic food trays. slip and slide, no grip.

PS4S going on very soon - will save these for Autox n occasional track day.

Better luck with your next Red Hot. Consider driving school, autox, etc to improve your skills. This car demands it. Lots of events at Metlife stadium.. Motorsports Northeast, NNJR, PCA, etc. Just to name a few.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:25 AM   #54
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
I got caught in a frog strangler on my 2nd day of ownership. I hit some standing water at 35mph. The car quite literally, shifter over an entire half a lane. I've never had so much pucker factor in my life . I decided then and there, that if I was going to drive it on the street at ALL I would get a 2nd set of rims and tires. This was even before I joined the forum and read all the stories. Don't get me wrong, I love the GY's, but one needs to be certain of having a perfect warm day to be safe.
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:35 AM   #55
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Ok fellers, it looks like after my accident two weeks ago where my ZL1 1LE was totaled (and became an internet meme in the process) I am going to be able to replace it with a brand new one.

I don't want to get into the details of the accident since I am still in the thick of it with Geico. Today I found out that they are officially considering the car a total loss. I will find out the official value for the car next week.

They gave me a figure today and it seemed pretty reasonable to me. The care was fully loaded, had the PDR, and MSRP was $73,300. The car had 5400 miles on it at the time of the crash.

I've looked everywhere and I am having a hard time finding any information on the value of a used ZL1 1LE. Because it's such a new option and there aren't many out there Kelley Blue Book doesn't even have it listed in their site.

I'd be interested to find out what you guys would consider a good $ value from the insurance would be.

Thank you all for any input you can give me as far as the value.
A used fully loaded Hyper blue with only 500 miles sold for 65,000 from a local dealer to one of my customers.

A 10K hit is pretty normal this early in the market.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #56
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Save money on PDR and go with an after market solution. They are better in my opinion.

Video quality and sound buffering on the existing PDRs is pretty bad.
I couldn’t agree with you more. If I find myself tracking the car enough to need video to better my laps, I’ll figure something out with the aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
The tires when cold will skip n hop, no grip. You have to get good mile into them before they are "warm" ie picking up rocks.AND that when its 60+.. anything below that and they are plastic food trays. slip and slide, no grip.

PS4S going on very soon - will save these for Autox n occasional track day.

Better luck with your next Red Hot. Consider driving school, autox, etc to improve your skills. This car demands it. Lots of events at Metlife stadium.. Motorsports Northeast, NNJR, PCA, etc. Just to name a few.
I might as well have been driving in an ice storm that day!! I’ve learned my lesson. It will be a considerable expense but I will probably pick up an extra set of wheels with tires. I have an extra set of the stock Good Years (305) for the front ad part of the deal. They’ll probably never get used. Hahaha.

Thank you on the good luck wish. It looks like it’s gonna happen I just have to wait on Geico to get the title paperwork so they can issue payment to the lien holder and to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
I got caught in a frog strangler on my 2nd day of ownership. I hit some standing water at 35mph. The car quite literally, shifter over an entire half a lane. I've never had so much pucker factor in my life . I decided then and there, that if I was going to drive it on the street at ALL I would get a 2nd set of rims and tires. This was even before I joined the forum and read all the stories. Don't get me wrong, I love the GY's, but one needs to be certain of having a perfect warm day to be safe.
Three days before the accident it was perfect weather I was trying to get the back end to slide out on purpose (in a safe location of course) just so that I would have an idea of how much I could push the car. It was EXTREMELY hard to get the back end to come loose. That gave me a whole bunch of confidence in the amount of grip the tires have. They are unbelievable under the right conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
A used fully loaded Hyper blue with only 500 miles sold for 65,000 from a local dealer to one of my customers.

A 10K hit is pretty normal this early in the market.

Ted.
I payed a similar amount for my used one.

The new one only has 64 miles and I’m so damn excited that I am the one who is going to get to brake it in. I really wasn’t thrilled with the idea of not knowing how the 5400 miles were put on the first one.

I’m locked in with the dealership with a 3K discount so I’m pumped about that. Just have to wait for DMV to issue the title under the lien holder so Geico can make payment.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot