Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-19-2018, 09:11 AM   #15
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I would just suggest some orange cones to use by your car, sorry about your misfortune, and apparently you need to park somewhere other than skid row. Its rubbing off on your wheels/paint and your cover up is one you could do differently as theres more than one way to skin a cat.... say a vinyl instead of clear bra over the area and just a mild touch up to rutting with some primer and around the running light some body color. It may be the make America great again bumper stick...? LOL

I know you live in the Bubble, sorry, maybe to me it appears its like Maxine Waters make up; you scrape the top layer and its primer and only real deep your looking at the Dark part that does need touched up with a primer to get to smooth more than the whole areas priming really...A good blend job would be about $400 if lucky and I know black does not always match. But any color can be a little off, I had my Camaro trunk , my roof and windshield attacked by G.D. crows with walnuts two years ago..No Shhhhh,

over 5 dents and a cracked windshield and yes it does hurt your pride in your car, I finally turned it in for repair after they got the windshield. And I park now away from the street lights they sit on bombing cars and Walnut trees have been getting diseased and cut down due to infestations lately; so survival is getting better and better but bum luck just like she-ite happens..... good luck to you. Heck you could do the monster thing with the big green scratch marks and just be out that and still be kind of cool...
hope your luck changes, I know mine is SHHHHHHH......
I pretty much in my own bubble it's part with of suffering from A.D.H.D. it just sucked and I felt really disappointed In humanity....all accidents have happened while moving, i pretty much saw them run off. Then that little voice you know the one that tells you I told you so.. yeah I spend a lot of time on waxing polishing. Its a OCD about getting the wet look on the paint..

I just payed 1600$ out of pocket no money patrol car down having to use my car to work last money in the tank. Pay day comes and Bam....you kinda start to feel down why even bother anymore.
But that's just not being true to my self or wants.
So f-it I joked about it let's do it I am committed now.

I'm not in a unsafe area just a busy area I'm like 30 min walk to the Honda center in Anaheim CA. Lots a people in a rush probably alot with no insurance so hit and runs happen. Sucks but I got to move on I will be bombing more stickers on the car to match better vs a random assortment of out of place stickers.

Funny part I did have those sliver 3 claw marks on the front some had back in the day that sorta look like the energy drink monster logo. I ditched them after the second hit and run, they no longer matched anything. The trim rings for the steel wheels took all the damage same silver as the claw marks
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #16
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
yikes, I am all for adapting and overcoming, but like others have said, I would have attempted a crappy DIY paint job before sticker bomb..(if doing a proper repair was not an option).
I owned a ex cop car DIY, after that car was Walmart and 8cans of spray paint black just to get the cops to leave me alone for own in a black and white lol. I could just of used spay paint for added lazyness.

I do have a plan to better match the car.
Proper repair is in a long line of a to-do list/life list
Old 08-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #17
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Wow. I think the spirit of this thread has really been lost on some people.

Anyway....I triple dog dare you!

Attachment 952685
When I think sticker bomb it has to have a flow. Like a abstract flow a shape or a feeling it's hard to say what it is. Abstract, modern, city come to mind for what would and would not work. It's hard to put in to words

These are not crappy stickers there vinyl 3m wrap grade easy on and off application. I'm tempted not to do that cars....... interesting....sticker lawout. But maybe something like this as example

Name:  05798e266d6ab825a9b202461de70738.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 2291
Size:  207.7 KB

Name:  sticker-bomb-ideas-design-12_result.jpg
Views: 2254
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  05c13be56eaa709049614de92807ed69--sticker-bomb-car-memes.jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  181.7 KB

Name:  epic-interior-sticker-bomb-680x414.jpg
Views: 1946
Size:  99.7 KB

I can't find any American cars......so I might be a early pioneer. Outside the usual old cars with brands of parts or track meet stickers or events.
And not counting off road folks with there trail/competition stickers for Grass Roots.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #18
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
When I think sticker bomb it has to have a flow. Like a abstract flow a shape or a feeling it's hard to say what it is. Abstract, modern, city come to mind for what would and would not work. It's hard to put in to words

These are not crappy stickers there vinyl 3m wrap grade easy on and off application. I'm tempted not to do that cars....... interesting....sticker lawout. But maybe something like this as example

Attachment 952825

Attachment 952826

Attachment 952827

Attachment 952828

Attachment 952829

I can't find any American cars......so I might be a early pioneer. Outside the usual old cars with brands of parts or track meet stickers or events.
And not counting off road folks with there trail/competition stickers for Grass Roots.
Its ok to be a pioneer. Parachute pants had to start somewhere as well right?

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1534695958
Attached Images

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #19
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
You know what might look pretty cool is if you sticker bomb the center bowtie to match the other Areas
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #20
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The license plate one is pretty cool...
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #21
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
You know what might look pretty cool is if you sticker bomb the center bowtie to match the other Areas
I have plans for something like that. I am going to try sticking the stickers to wax paper 1st and cut out the shape peel and place.

I'll try to post a wider shot of how it looks now. Name:  IMG_20180819_210940.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  225.6 KB
Old 08-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #22
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
WTF? Nobody has insurance anymore?
1. This X's 100!

2. Everybody that is getting all bent out of shape about the OP sticker bombing his car is ridiculous. It's a 2012 LS that has been side-swiped a handful of times. Depending on mileage, it's worth ~$7-8k in the first place. Let the kid have fun.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:39 AM   #23
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
1. This X's 100!

2. Everybody that is getting all bent out of shape about the OP sticker bombing his car is ridiculous. It's a 2012 LS that has been side-swiped a handful of times. Depending on mileage, it's worth ~$7-8k in the first place. Let the kid have fun.
That's how I see it soon to be hitting the half mark for my payment plan on it as well lol. Once payed off this is probably going to be worth 2500-5000$ at tops lol. Prob just going to replace it with a flat 500 abarth
And the Camaro will become the project car. And no a V8 is not in it's future lol
Old 08-20-2018, 06:59 AM   #24
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
WTF? Nobody has insurance anymore?
It's a collision loss. Just for starters:
1) Maybe a $500.00 Ded or better.
2) Multiple claims = Skyrocketing premiums or cancellation upon renewal.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:15 AM   #25
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
About 100 of those stick on fake bullet holes would look cool.

Name:  bullets.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  87.8 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #26
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
About 100 of those stick on fake bullet holes would look cool.

Attachment 952927
i actually did think of that i thought it would be funny. but i want i big black Walking bomb in the middle. im thinking of things a way to incorporate this in to the car
Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  11.1 KB
Old 08-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #27
Moeman
THE Cone Killer

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS BVM; 2016 Vette Z51
You need the trim rings?
I have the set from my 2013 LS.
They been plasti dipped black. Peel that off and back to silver.
No damage..
Pay the shipping and they are yours.
I have no use for them anymore, just trying to help out.
BMR 1.25 inch lowering springs, Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Cradle and offset Diff Bushings,
Bilstein Struts, front and rear
ZL1 rear Diffuser, Rocker Panels, 1LE Front Splitter
Z28 High Wing Rear Spoiler,
Tuned by DynoSteve
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #28
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
You need the trim rings?
I have the set from my 2013 LS.
They been plasti dipped black. Peel that off and back to silver.
No damage..
Pay the shipping and they are yours.
I have no use for them anymore, just trying to help out.
It is a very tempting offer. I'm looking for a full set with wheels I want to strip paint and polish the steal up on the lips and re paint the center black. Really run the modern idea of the classic rally wheels.

Mine will work fine for me there going to be having some modifications done to them I would hate to mess up a nice set of rings. Only one ring is messed up. Really I do appreciate it
I'm a big fan of these wheels.