Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2018, 08:39 AM   #127
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
I DO THIS!

I’ll be drinking a 16oz Rockstar or something, and I always make sure the drink is in the cup holder closest to the shift.

It makes shifting much more comfortable. With the drink, slightly raising my arm enough to prepare to make the shift.
Do you have a stock shifter? That’s funny. “Use a 16 oz drink for stock shifters, 12 oz for short shifters”.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #128
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
How about people that start threads about what they dislike about their car?
Lmfao! Since I’m new to the 5th gen, I just thought if would be interesting to see what the thoughts were from people that have owned them for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I need to save this....lol
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:46 PM   #129
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Do you have a stock shifter?
Short throw, because I have a 1LE.
Tyestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #130
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
Short throw, because I have a 1LE.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #131
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
The only things I never liked since buying my camaro is no power seat on passenger side and the brake dust. But took care of the brake dust right away.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Hmm.... If I had to pick one....

How the passenger's seat is manual adjustment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
I think my only real complaint is the seats. No lumbar support, only driverside powered, lack of bolster and padding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I guess my only real complaint would be the lack of height adjustment on the passenger seat in my 11 SS. I heard that problem was rectified in later models, is that correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Sounds like GM really dropped the ball on the 2010’s. No power passenger seat? My friends 1986 Honda Accord had it. It’s not like they had 6 1/2 years to figure out the 5th gen.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army of Wuzzy View Post
After 1.5 years of ownership, my only complaints are
1. I spend all my money modding it (A love and hate, I just can't stop)
2. The blindspots
3. The useless cupholder (if you drive a manual)
4. you can't raise or lower the passenger seat

besides those 4 things, it is amazing and I can't wait to take Shelly to college
I think I see a common theme here. All you people with '10s and '11s, complaining about the lack of a power passenger seat, do realize that all 5th Gens, including '10s and '11s, are wired for a power passenger seat. All you have to do is order a bottom seat frame, a switch, a trim panel and a wiring harness and switch the parts out. I did this on my '10 2SS several years ago and I found out that on '11s, it's plug and play, but on the '10s you do have to remove a seat position sensor from the old seat frame and install it on the new seat frame, otherwise you get an air bag light.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176927

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/do...t-upgrade.html
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:11 AM   #132
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
In order....
1. Need to press the key fob to open car
2. Need key to start the car (are we in the dark ages?)
3. Not all information can be displayed in HUD (lap timers, tire pressure, temps, etc)
4. How the passenger seat is power. It takes forever to move forward when I have passengers that have to get in the back.
5. Mylink interface
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:26 AM   #133
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
I think I see a common theme here. All you people with '10s and '11s, complaining about the lack of a power passenger seat, do realize that all 5th Gens, including '10s and '11s, are wired for a power passenger seat. All you have to do is order a bottom seat frame, a switch, a trim panel and a wiring harness and switch the parts out. I did this on my '10 2SS several years ago and I found out that on '11s, it's plug and play, but on the '10s you do have to remove a seat position sensor from the old seat frame and install it on the new seat frame, otherwise you get an air bag light.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176927

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/do...t-upgrade.html

Good info! Didn’t know this! Thanks.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #134
Chevyjk33

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Like most of these, mostly minor gripes. I have the 1LE and I have had nothing but fun going drag racing, autocrossing and doing road course tracks.

Mine would be:

1. MyLink - so slow and ugly. Should have gotten the normal radio. I could do without the screen

2. Why can't I open the trunk when the car is running? Very annoying when doing tech inspections at events when I have to shut it off to pop the trunk.

3. Trying to keep black 1LE wheels clean (although well worth the look)

4. Constant financial restriction to not spend more money on it

5. May just be my car, but the windows have a mind of their own. When I try to open the window a 1/4in or halfway it only wants to go all the way up or down most times. However sometimes it will work

Those are all pretty small though. I can't imagine another car that would cost the same as my 15 1LE that would put the smile on my face that this car does.
Chevyjk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #135
anthony.martinez

Drives: 2010
The shark fin. It looks out of place
anthony.martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #136
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyjk33 View Post
Like most of these, mostly minor gripes. I have the 1LE and I have had nothing but fun going drag racing, autocrossing and doing road course tracks.

Mine would be:

1. MyLink - so slow and ugly. Should have gotten the normal radio. I could do without the screen

2. Why can't I open the trunk when the car is running? Very annoying when doing tech inspections at events when I have to shut it off to pop the trunk.

3. Trying to keep black 1LE wheels clean (although well worth the look)

4. Constant financial restriction to not spend more money on it

5. May just be my car, but the windows have a mind of their own. When I try to open the window a 1/4in or halfway it only wants to go all the way up or down most times. However sometimes it will work

Those are all pretty small though. I can't imagine another car that would cost the same as my 15 1LE that would put the smile on my face that this car does.
You know if you put the parking brake on the trunk will open. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2018, 11:05 AM   #137
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I hate the fact it still looks like a musclecar. Haha.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #138
c-57d

Drives: 14 2SS/RS Triple Black Ragtop LS3
Wafer thin clearcoat... That is all.
-EN
Old 12-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #139
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
The only thing is no power passenger seat.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #140
NHRABill

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
1. Console arm rest for my elbow. I am being picky looking at the one suggested earlier in this thread.
2. Tiny useless sun visors. I have a convertible so completely screwed on this one.

The reason no power passenger seat is that you have 2 doors power would be slow as piss to let someone into the back no power that mother slides right up for you to allow someone in. If a passenger complains tough luck don't like it don't ask for a ride.
NHRABill is offline   Reply With Quote