Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #29
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
this
Because the purpose of that "Chevy symbol" wasnt supposed to turn out like a "Chevy symbol" it just was the way the box had to be built around the battery.

Now I dont know if thats true, but thats my good guess
Old 11-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
How is the heat with that setup? Ever worry about that area becoming too hot with all of the equipment right next to the battery?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #31
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
Because the purpose of that "Chevy symbol" wasnt supposed to turn out like a "Chevy symbol" it just was the way the box had to be built around the battery.

Now I dont know if thats true, but thats my good guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
How is the heat with that setup? Ever worry about that area becoming too hot with all of the equipment right next to the battery?
Not bad. I've only overheated the sub amp once since I've had it and it was cranked!!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #32
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Alright, this may be the most impressive system I have ever seen for a camaro. Absolutely fantastic work.

(Except to me it is the most impressive.)

I was recently wondering if a single shallow 10 would fit under there without relocating the battery so I searched around a bit and found this thread. It's clear now that a 10 wouldn't fit, considering that those 8's barely do. Regardless, that whole system is completely awesome, and I bet it sounds amazing.

If I had lots of money (I'd buy a C7 Z51... but if I had even more still), I'd have them build me a system just like that. I think that the fiberglass work is way beyond my skill level even if I did have the time. Top notch stuff!

Are there any drawbacks that you've found now that you've had it for a while? Have any of the amps overheated again since the first one did?
Old 02-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #33
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post

(Except to me it is the most impressive.)

I was recently wondering if a single shallow 10 would fit under there without relocating the battery so I searched around a bit and found this thread. It's clear now that a 10 wouldn't fit, considering that those 8's barely do. Regardless, that whole system is completely awesome, and I bet it sounds amazing.

If I had lots of money (I'd buy a C7 Z51... but if I had even more still), I'd have them build me a system just like that. I think that the fiberglass work is way beyond my skill level even if I did have the time. Top notch stuff!

Are there any drawbacks that you've found now that you've had it for a while? Have any of the amps overheated again since the first one did?
Sorry, haven't logged on in a while. I've been enjoying the stereo and don't take time for C5.

Thanks! As far as overheating.... It was finished in fall and hasn't seen a summer yet but it's been good well into the 80's.