Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
Sps

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS2/RS 1LE Rally Yellow
Lashway Motorsports and Texas Speed and Performance.

My motor died last week, broken spring caused catastrophic damage, block was destroyed. Basically a spring broke, valve dropped hit a piston and broke a connecting rod, the rest is history. I was pretty devastated to say the least:(.
Oh well shit happens.

Now the good news... Erik Bentley and Josh Isaacs owners of Lashway Motorsports and Jason of Texas Speed and Performance have really gone way beyond what was expected!!!!
Tsp are providing a brand new 418 stroker block fully built, new springs and heads, I just have to pay for the rotating assembly.

Erik and Josh are reducing their cost on labor, providing a bunch of other parts and supplies at no charge also waiving the Dyno and tuning fee!!!

Erik and Josh really have gone way beyond what any other performance shop would have done and what I was expecting.

I can't thank these guys and TSP enough for standing behind their work and products. Just goes to show that there is still good people out there in this business.
Now the wait begins to get her back up and running!!!!
PRC 255 heads, Fast 102 intake manifold,
Nicky Williams TB, 25% Under Pulley
Texas Speed cam 235/239, SW Long Tube Headers
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake, NPP Exhaust, BMR 1:25 springs
Sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Congratulations on blowing up and getting taken care of on the rebuild... I hear nothing but good things about Lashway, curious as to why you went with a TSP engine in the first place, when there are so many other better engine builders out there.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:10 PM   #3
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Good news..cant wait to hear the results. Not surprised TSP stand behind their products!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:22 PM   #4
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Congratulations on blowing up and getting taken care of on the rebuild... I hear nothing but good things about Lashway, curious as to why you went with a TSP engine in the first place, when there are so many other better engine builders out there.
I never went with a TSP engine... I had their cam installed 2 years ago and then their PRC heads last year. Was extremely pleased with the results and service, as many others are too.

They are providing a 418 stroker engine fully assembled and other parts at minimal cost to me.... How many other engine builders would provide this kind of service? After a failure.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:24 PM   #5
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Good news..cant wait to hear the results. Not surprised TSP stand behind their products!
Yes they do... I wasn't expecting that, just goes to show that there are still stand up guys in this business.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:29 PM   #6
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sps View Post
I never went with a TSP engine... I had their cam installed 2 years ago and then their PRC heads last year. Was extremely pleased with the results and service, as many others are too.

They are providing a 418 stroker engine fully assembled and other parts at minimal cost to me.... How many other engine builders would provide this kind of service? After a failure.
Based on your first post, I was under the impression that you had bought an engine from them. You never mentioned anything about a cam failure. Forgive me for assuming.

As for how many other engine builders would stand by their work? Most of them will. I wasn't trying to piss on your parade, I was just curious as to why I thought you chose to buy a motor from them in the first place.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:33 PM   #7
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Based on your first post, I was under the impression that you had bought an engine from them. You never mentioned anything about a cam failure. Forgive me for assuming.

As for how many other engine builders would stand by their work? Most of them will. I wasn't trying to piss on your parade, I was just curious as to why I thought you chose to buy a motor from them in the first place.
No offense was taken and if I came across as that I didn't mean too... It's all good.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:19 AM   #8
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Obviously don't know all the details and things just happen sometimes, but if you used their parts with that shops tune and your engine blew up, why would you want an entire engine from them tuned by that shop?

I get that they're hooking you up, but are they really? Destroying your original motor to get another one that they'll still profit off doesn't sit right with me, but that's just my opinion.

I actually run TSP headers and besides the fact that I specially told them through a phone order that I had a 15' and needed the revised 2" header and they still sent me the wrong one, I have no complaints. Just had to dimple it a little. Good luck with your build. Hope your loss was a freak occurrence.

Last edited by DOC52; 11-10-2016 at 09:05 PM.
DOC52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #9
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC52 View Post
Obviously don't know all the details and things just happen sometimes, but if you used their parts with that shops tune and your engine blew up, why would you want an entire engine from them tuned by that shop?

I get that they're hooking you up, but are they really? Destroying your original motor to get another one that they'll still profit off doesn't sit right with me, but that's just my opinion.

I actually run TSP headers and besides the fact that I specially told them through a phone order that I had a 15' and needed the revised 2" header and they still sent me the wrong one, I have no complaints. Just had to dimple it a little. Good luck with your build. Hope your loss was a freak occurrence. Personally I would hit up Matt at FSP if I still was in Florida and get some insight from him.
Shit does happen from time to time... Which is out of everyone's control, more than likely a defective spring.
Instead of myself, Lashway and TSP playing the blame game, which solves nothing. A solution was found.
I really don't see how anyone is profiting out of this. TSP are builiding a new 418 stroker plus replacing other additional parts. Lashway are providing other parts and shop supplies at no charge. What they are charging for labor is will barley cover wages. I am not over the moon about my motor blowing, however at the end of the day I'm getting a stronger, better and more powerful engine for less than what most people pay for a quality cam install.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #10
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
I live in Dallas Tx and I and many others refuse to used any TSP internal part. May I ask what the rotating assembly is costing you? Are you keeping your original damaged motor or are they keeping it?
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #11
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany@Lashway View Post
Glad everything was resolved and taken care of Simon! We always make sure to take care of our customers. You're going to be more than happy with the new setup for your build
Thx Tiff,
Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Get your motor??
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #13
MonSSterMaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange
I actually bought a cam from tsp last year. It caused some major problems because they sent me a comp grind, and tsp would not help me at all. Actually everything I have ever bought from them that was also made by them, has failed at some point.
MonSSterMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:41 PM   #14
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Funny when My spring broke They gave me quoted for more than what they advertised the stroker engine for...LOL, and yes I had a 235/239 TSP cam with PRC springs and I had had one bad over rev and months later it happened fairly quick once the first spring goes out. Comp grind cam was fine though and I sold it, though I do believe in a break in with Driven racing br30 and use LS30. Sounds as if your getting Lucky. From my experience a bad over rev gives you oh a few months, just long enough to forget then you wonder WTF........