Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
Angie11

Drives: 2011 ss rs convertable
best droneless mufflers???

I just added long tube headers and already had the flowmaster cat back 3 inch exhaust, with J pipes. LOVE the sound when in the throttle but drone is a pain in the ass at cruising speed!!! Cant tune it out with the J's. Whats a good sounding muffler that will eliminate this drone?
Angie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Interesting that you can't eliminate the drone with J pipes. I have long tubes and Solo's Mach XL catback (J pipes included) and zero drone. Sound is excellent and again, no drone. However, if you're wanting mufflers that have no drone, other than Solo's muffled X pipe, then go Corsa. Their setup is guaranteed no drone.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Stock mufflers will be without drone but they sure are ugly.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Rob Russell

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Try out corsa's products. 2.5" piping is the sport and 3.0" is the extreme. Each of my 2 friends had the sport and extreme with long tubes and neither of them had drone. Loud outside the cab, little rumble with no drone inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Interesting that you can't eliminate the drone with J pipes. I have long tubes and Solo's Mach XL catback (J pipes included) and zero drone. Sound is excellent and again, no drone. However, if you're wanting mufflers that have no drone, other than Solo's muffled X pipe, then go Corsa. Their setup is guaranteed no drone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
Try out corsa's products. 2.5" piping is the sport and 3.0" is the extreme. Each of my 2 friends had the sport and extreme with long tubes and neither of them had drone. Loud outside the cab, little rumble with no drone inside.
I can confirm that the Corsa xtreme has no drone. Even with an aggressive cam, longtubes, and no cats
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
Get a tune from RDP.... drone gone
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou gill View Post
Get a tune from RDP.... drone gone

Edit: I'm assuming you mean AFM?
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:21 PM   #8
EV1L SS

Drives: 2010 ss , cam, magnacharger , etc
I had slp lm2 cat back and the drone drove me nuts, I was in between corsa and borla atak . Wound up going with the borla atak and very very happy. Sounds bad ass at idle and at the track people thought I was running straight pipes but has NO DRONE. really enjoyable cruising around when your drone free lol ... Btw I'm LT's , gutted cats, cam, tvs 2300.
EV1L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:57 AM   #9
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha x detailing View Post
I had slp lm2 cat back and the drone drove me nuts, I was in between corsa and borla atak . Wound up going with the borla atak and very very happy. Sounds bad ass at idle and at the track people thought I was running straight pipes but has NO DRONE. really enjoyable cruising around when your drone free lol ... Btw I'm LT's , gutted cats, cam, tvs 2300.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
LOL the NPP is good at no drone...also even locked open all the time....
Old 08-27-2017, 04:55 PM   #11
Farm

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I have 2" long tubes, high flow cats, 3" outlaws. Drone was insane ! J pipes cured it. What rpm are you experiencing it ? My J pipes were to long even after adjusting them all the way in. I ended up cutting them down two inches. Drone is gone. I now think it is the best sounding exhaust ever. Play around with the length on the pipes, I bet you can solve your problem.
Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #12
Angie11

Drives: 2011 ss rs convertable
J's adjust to minimum of 26...ordered some magnaflows and will install them with the J's also
Angie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #13
bpoole38
voodoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2LT RS
Corsa
K&N Cold Air Intake (performance), Corsa Cat Back Exhaust (performance), VMAX Ported Throttle Body (performance), VMAX Black Ice-olator (performance), Elite Catch Can (long term performance), Blacked out Chevy Bowties and Badges (cosmetic), Oracle Concept LED side markers (cosmetic), Oracle Concept side mirrors with LEDs (cosmetic), Technostalgia LED Tail lights (cosmetic), Foose Legend wheels (cosmetic), 35% window tint (cosmetic), dirty (cosmetic)
bpoole38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 AM   #14
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
+1 on corsa. I've had both the 2.5 as well as the xtreme 3" setup and neither one of them drone. I also have their 4"db system on my duramax without a cat and that does not drone either.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote