Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #141
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
It is not an actual recall. Nowhere is the word recall used in the letter we got from GM.

It is simply a notice from GM indicating they have learned that your top "may have a condition in which the headliner corner support bracket may contact or tear the convertible top when the top is in the down position, and may have wind noise at the front and/or rear quarter glass"

"What we will do: Your Chevrolet dealer will modify the corner support bracket to eliminate the possibility of a tear in the convertible top, and will install wind-proofing material and adjust a tension spring to eliminate the wind noise. This service will be performed for you at no charge untinl April 30, 2014. After that, any applicable warranty will apply"
They do seem rather loose with the term recall for not being a recall. I got the monthly email from Onstar this week and it said:
Recall Reminder
Campaign #: 2012052
CONVERTIBLE TOP ENHANCEMENTS
Please visit your Dealer for service.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #142
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
yes i had that on my onstar report also. then this morning the selling dealer called to tell me about the "RECALL ISSUED BY GM" his exact words on my 2012 chevy camaro convertible. i called him back, and asked if they had performed any of them yet, he said just one. i said, well ill call you in a month or so, unless i have problems sooner, and schedule an appointment then. i told him i didnt want mine to be one of the first ones they performed it on. he said "i dont blame you" i thanked him for the call, and said id be in touch soon.
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #143
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
gaddied, you have this program and the program for the possible loss of ac on your vehicle. I would get both checked over as soon as you're able. Hopefully this gets everything taken care of for you. Let us know how things go.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #144
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
RetPig, your vehicle is also involved in this program. I'd get your vehicle checked as soon as possible.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #145
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I still have not gotten a letter... when you get this?

Either way, I'm guessing I can just call the dealer at this point, I just don't want to be the one to "go first" at this dealership.
I got my letter either yesterday or the day before.

You can call the dealer, give him your VIN and he can check to see if your car in affected by this notice.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #146
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
They do seem rather loose with the term recall for not being a recall. I got the monthly email from Onstar this week and it said:
Recall Reminder
Yes, I saw it on my monthly Onstar report as well, but I think it was there under that heading just to be listed as something you should check with your dealer about. I don't think there's any other spot on the Onstar report to list it under.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #147
HDRDTD

Here's the letter GM Sent.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro Top Notice.pdf (367.9 KB, 224 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #148
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Drives: 2011 Camaro RJT SS/RS Conv.
I just wanted to relay what I was told at my dealership when I checked on my car about the "recall". A recall is a term used for safety related problems GM has to repair. "Customer satisfaction program" is non-safety related issues that a customer may be complaining about. My question is why do we have to complain about it to get it fixed. I have not received any letter or any notification of any kind from GM. All my info is gathered from this site and then I fill the dealer in on what's going on. They are always happy to help me.
2011 Camaro RJT Gray Leather Int. Black Top, 2SS/RS Conv. M6 w/Hurst Shifter, CG Stripes, 20" Polished Wheels, Heritage Grill, (paint matched) w/SS emblem in center. CAI cold air intake, RX Performance Catch Can, Oil Cap Filter, (paint matched) VMAX Ported Throttle Body, (paint matched) ADM Scoop (my version), Roto Fab w/w bottle relocation kit, V8 Flags on Fenders. Painted fuse box cover. GM paint matched splash guards. Stainless Works LT headers and Hi-Flow Cats, SCT Tune from Jannetty Racing, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms and Tie Rods. GM footwell and cupholder lighting option.
screamin eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #149
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin eagle View Post
I just wanted to relay what I was told at my dealership when I checked on my car about the "recall". A recall is a term used for safety related problems GM has to repair. "Customer satisfaction program" is non-safety related issues that a customer may be complaining about. My question is why do we have to complain about it to get it fixed. I have not received any letter or any notification of any kind from GM. All my info is gathered from this site and then I fill the dealer in on what's going on. They are always happy to help me.
Perhaps not all the letters have been sent out yet?
Perhaps your car is not one of the affected?

Either way, if you were having problems with your top (and contrary to what it might seem like, not everybody IS having issues), you would normally have taken your car to the dealer to get it fixed, and would have checked their notices and found that there was one (or more) that pertains to your problem.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #150
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Drives: 2011 Camaro RJT SS/RS Conv.
I do have the rub marks. The brackets had the repair done to it last fall. I had it done right away. The tape I put on myself to see if it would make a difference, and it did seem to, so I got the tape from the dealer this past week. I also turned it into the dealer when the marks appeared last spring and they took pictures so I hope GM knows about it. I only have 3000 miles on my car so it doesn't get driven much. All these changes seem to have made a difference in the wear on the top.
2011 Camaro RJT Gray Leather Int. Black Top, 2SS/RS Conv. M6 w/Hurst Shifter, CG Stripes, 20" Polished Wheels, Heritage Grill, (paint matched) w/SS emblem in center. CAI cold air intake, RX Performance Catch Can, Oil Cap Filter, (paint matched) VMAX Ported Throttle Body, (paint matched) ADM Scoop (my version), Roto Fab w/w bottle relocation kit, V8 Flags on Fenders. Painted fuse box cover. GM paint matched splash guards. Stainless Works LT headers and Hi-Flow Cats, SCT Tune from Jannetty Racing, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms and Tie Rods. GM footwell and cupholder lighting option.
screamin eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #151
texfre

Drives: 2011 Conv 2SS RS 6 Hurst SRX-4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
Recall Reminder
I received my Onstar from the Canadian onstar and it said "Recall:2012052 convertible top enhancement" and to contact the dealer. I had to sign in to my account to get the onstar info dated April14/12
texfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #152
decepticon-vert

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to decepticon-vert
ok I know I read a lot about putting tape somewhere on the top.. Can someone please tell me where exactly is this location and what tape? Duct tape, scotch tape,measuring tape, Im confused
decepticon-vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #153
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by decepticon-vert View Post
ok I know I read a lot about putting tape somewhere on the top.. Can someone please tell me where exactly is this location and what tape? Duct tape, scotch tape,measuring tape, Im confused
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=16
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #154
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
when i download that file it says its damaged and unable to be opened...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote