Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #127
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I agree with the above.

Plus, the dealer had two opportunities from two different inspections and appraisals that they performed to turn down the op's vehicle.....We don't know what the op was paid, but he was paid....

If a thrashed car turns up on a car lot that they advertise as a cream-puff, don't blame the guy who traded it in.

The dealer had their chance to inspect it (twice) before making a deal with the original owner...

If you are buying a car from a private party, it has always been advised to take the car to your own trusted mechanic for a look-see before buying.

Dealers are the worst lairs. I traded my 2011 RS for the 1LE, few days after that I saw my car up for sale and advertised as local trade in, no accidents and mature owner. But they know very well that I bought the car in other province and only 22yo with 2 rear end collisions...And I drove that car like I stole it.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:08 PM   #128
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Every time I've bought a second hand vehicle, I never expected it to last forever. If a person is that concerned with past modifications, maintenance, upkeep, and relatively good driving behavior of a used vehicle, then they need to just buy new.

It's like buying an early 90's fox body and expecting the past owners to have never attempted a burnout in it, let alone run it into a ditch.

I don't see nothing wrong with bringing back a highly modified vehicle to its factory form to maximize your return profits. Many do it already because we know aftermarket parts don't increase the market value. you are better off taking all that shit off and piece selling it online to get back a little bit.

I guess, to each his own.
I think that's the big question, at least it is for me. Can we consider a vehicle with holes frilled in the frame and not repaired being in stick form?
Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 PM   #129
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
CA has no cooling off or buyers remorse period on vehicle sales. It works both ways whether a dealer buys or a consumer buys.

All sales are final is state law. Tell the service manager to pound sand.

Unless they can prove fraud it will cost them five times in court and lawyer fees over what they paid for the car. A smart dealer sends it to auction and takes the loss as a write off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #130
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I think that's the big question, at least it is for me. Can we consider a vehicle with holes frilled in the frame and not repaired being in stick form?
There has been no confirmation the holes were left open and exposed to the outside elements. For all we know, the holes are neatly symmetrical, painted to match the vehicles color, and neatly plugged. Has anyone actually seen this car??? I think not.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #131
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
This is starting to become less about the car and more about ego
Old 08-25-2016, 05:20 PM   #132
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
For me it goes far beyond if the roll bar holes has caused structural issues. It's about taking a highly modified car that has been abused at a race race and trying to turn in back into a factory car and passing it off as such. I don't want to here that racing isn't abusing a car either. Ive been involved with drag racing and dirt track cars for over 25 years. I'VE wrote those checks. From reading the all the past threads that are butchered with deletions, that car was a race car for the street. As I said before, shady is shady.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #133
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
How did that happen tho? They sold you an used car as "New"?!! That's messed up. what was the mileage on it when "New"? And you didn't check the title and VIN? My guess would be dealer drop the car from the trailer when taking delivery, then fixed it up and sold to you as "new"?
Long story short or I will try.

Car was new and sold as new. I was the first owner on record. Car had 50 or so miles on it.

I went to Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula, CA to see the car just before it got dark. I had bought cars and trucks from them before without an issue. I saw the car and it looked great at dusk. Test drove it and bought it.

The next morning as I went to work I admired my new ride and that's when I noticed inconsistencies in the paint. After work I gave the car a thorough look over and found a bad paint match job, fish eyes and lots of orange peel.

I tried talking to the dealership but was blown off and basically told I didn't know what I was talking about. Little did they know my dad owned a body shop for years and I was well aware of how body work was done and how to spot stuff. I use to help my dad.

So I hired a professional that my attorney recommended and he wrote a book on the car assessing all the damage. He found bondo on the drivers fender, door and rear quarter panel. Rear bumper was also replaced. Suspected the rear quarter may have been replaced but couldn't confirm it without taking the car apart. And the car was almost fully repainted. He estimated the damage to be around $10,000.

After I confronted the dealership with the book they asked to look over the car themselves. I agreed.

I went in for a meeting with the GM and he said "the car had sand damage from transport". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he was full of shit.

They didn't want to buy the car back. But I threatened to sue them and they decided it was best to buy it back and fully compensate me.

I would have sued them but on my attorneys advice I didn't since the car only had cosmetic damage and nothing that would have effected the safety of the car.

The last thing I ever thought about was a new car being in a bad wreck and being sold as new. The dealer fixed the car in house and never reported it hence why car fax didn't show anything.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:34 PM   #134
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
OP, send them a jar of this....

And tell them to Pound it
Old 08-25-2016, 09:09 PM   #135
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
This thread is getting to be more opinion then fact.I helped my sister in law buy a new Honda Civic. She traded in a rusted out Sunbird for a $1000 unseen and as is. I made sure they wrote that on the paperwork. Yep the day after the deal was done the dealership called and told her that her trade in was not worth the $1000 they gave her. Wanted her to come back a redo the deal. They hounded her for 4 days saying their lawyers were notified regardless of her telling them it was on the paper work that the deal was signed sealed. Eventually I had to call the manager and tell him if he didn't stop the harassment that I would report the dealership....the salesman and him to the manufacturer themselves...this stopped them dead. I have no sympathy for dealerships that don't do their homework.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #136
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
This thread is getting to be more opinion then fact.I helped my sister in law buy a new Honda Civic. She traded in a rusted out Sunbird for a $1000 unseen and as is. I made sure they wrote that on the paperwork. Yep the day after the deal was done the dealership called and told her that her trade in was not worth the $1000 they gave her. Wanted her to come back a redo the deal. They hounded her for 4 days saying their lawyers were notified regardless of her telling them it was on the paper work that the deal was signed sealed. Eventually I had to call the manager and tell him if he didn't stop the harassment that I would report the dealership....the salesman and him to the manufacturer themselves...this stopped them dead. I have no sympathy for dealerships that don't do their homework.
I have no sympathy for anyone that trys to deceive someone else. I love how people in this thread are saying screw the dealer because all dealers suck and are liars. Wonder how Becky feels about that. I know it pisses me off because I know two dealers in my area that are two of the most honest and upstanding people that I've ever met. They go above and beyond to provide a great experience to their customers. The dealer wasn't the crook here. The OP was as far as I'm concerned. Do they have a case? Probably not, but that doesn't mean they deserve to get screwed just because they are a dealer.

There is a thread on here of a guy trying to sell a 1lE. He list all the modds and everything that has been done to the car. That's how it should be. Then people can decide if they want that type of vehilce or not.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:35 PM   #137
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
OP, my advice to you is not provide any specifics here as to what you know or don't know in regards to mods to your vehicle. If they continue to hassle you, get a lawyer or continue to ignore them.

Besides some laws that apply across the board (disclosing flood damage, being a salvage vehicle and others), each state has their own. If, and I'm saying if, you violated any of these laws, you may have a problem and only a (real) lawyer will be able to help you. If not, then they are only trying to harass you and again, unfortunately, may need to get a lawyer to get then off your back (sometimes the threat of getting one will get them off your back). Good Luck
Old 08-25-2016, 09:42 PM   #138
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I have no sympathy for anyone that trys to deceive someone else. I love how people in this thread are saying screw the dealer because all dealers suck and are liars. Wonder how Becky feels about that. I know it pisses me off because I know two dealers in my area that are two of the most honest and upstanding people that I've ever met. They go above and beyond to provide a great experience to their customers. The dealer wasn't the crook here. The OP was as far as I'm concerned. Do they have a case? Probably not, but that doesn't mean they deserve to get screwed just because they are a dealer.

There is a thread on here of a guy trying to sell a 1lE. He list all the modds and everything that has been done to the car. That's how it should be. Then people can decide if they want that type of vehilce or not.
Sure there are honest businesses out there. The people that have had bad experiences with dealerships far out weighs the amount of dealerships getting screwed. Maybe the time my brother almost did a deal for a Dodge truck that had the front of the box pushed into the back of the cab ever slightly....3 inches slightly that was noticed by his wife while he was in doing the paperwork is the example I should have used. I don't care if your a dealer or a buyer....if you dont do your homework you will get screwed eventually. Do you think their bad reputation is something that just appeared out of thin air. I don't care what the outcome of this is.....the dealership is going to have to bite it. Next time maybe they won't have the first year apprentice look over a car. And really neither one of us knows exactly how this went down. You know as well as I do that things are never as they seem here.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #139

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I have no sympathy for anyone that trys to deceive someone else.

The dealer wasn't the crook here. The OP was as far as I'm concerned.

Do they have a case? Probably not, but that doesn't mean they deserve to get screwed just because they are a dealer.
The OP a crook?...Pretty strong statement, and not very valid given the dealer had a chance to inspect the op's car before making any kind of deal...

What sounds deceitful and crooked at this point is the dealer trying to get their money back by claiming having had a roll-bar makes the car a salvage...Not to mention deceived by every vendor here that sells or installs roll bars...

If that is true, everyone who has installed a roll-bar is potentially guilty of fraud at some point and currently own a Salvage Title vehicle...

The OP doesn't deserve to get screwed by the dealer's false and deceitful claim that having had a roll-bar makes the car a Salvage and entitles them to their money back....
Old 08-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #140
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
OMG, lighten up ppl!

It's business... Dealer was a schmuck for not checking out the car in the first place. OP is a schmuck for not disclosing he had it at the drag strip every other Friday night. Dealer wants his money back, well prolly ain't gonna happen.

I have been in business for many years, we get f'd by so many people in so many ways it would make your head spin. Soon as you think you got all the holes plugged, someone comes along and pokes another one. And you just go WTF?

This is just another example of that. But they will not go out of business for this one. They will live and learn like we all do...

motorhead, you know some good dealers, well you are correct. Lots of great business people out there who just want to make a profit, and provide great service. It's the only way that retail as we know it will survive..

Schmucks just go with the territory. Just shake your head and hope the next one has some morals.

Closed Thread