Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
UPDATE

Alright, so I took the car out again and I am noticing chugging at a stop and when start to move again it feels sluggish. When I hit about 4,000 RPM I start to get the crackling noise. I also got a Stability Track light too. I am thinking this might have something to do with my spark plugs. Not sure if they are cracked from header install or if they loosened up or if the wire is making connection. Any ideas?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #16
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
NEW UPDATE

Alright, went out to my car to take a look at the plugs and wires. Come to find out that one of the wires isn't even attached to my spark plug. Went ahead and reattached it. I will take it for a short drive tomorrow morning so hopefully all is good now. Not sure if it just wasn't put back on during the install of my headers, or if it wasn't snapped in all the way and it worked itself loose. Im just hoping that it doesn't happen again. Maybe I should just buy a new wire?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
UPDATE

Alright, so I took the car out again and I am noticing chugging at a stop and when start to move again it feels sluggish. When I hit about 4,000 RPM I start to get the crackling noise. I also got a Stability Track light too. I am thinking this might have something to do with my spark plugs. Not sure if they are cracked from header install or if they loosened up or if the wire is making connection. Any ideas?
rberns,

Thanks for the updated posts. Please let me know if there's anything I can look into for you if this problem persists. You are more than welcome to PM us anytime with your inquiries.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Get a tune already. Your factory tune is a lot further off than you think with your headers. Also replace all your spark plugs. Its cheap insurance to make sure you didn't crack one.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote