Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #99
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
So its recommended to add 1 quart of fluid above where the GM check would have you do it (ie fill to running out of the check tube, install bolt and then add another quart)? I haven't installed the dipstick since I have a rack at home.
Yes think of how many quarts of oil they saved LOL
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #100
JANNETTYRACING

I want to thank the community for all the orders on these selling like Ice cream on a hot day.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:51 PM   #101
Alexia

Drives: SS
The package arrived a few days earlier than expected. I had the tube installed in less than five minutes on my 2004 Wrangler with a L99/6L80E swap. The "drag racing" markings will be great for off road to help prevent air sucking.(Though I will have to prove that.)

Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #102
JANNETTYRACING

Spring is right around the corner, order your dipstick tube and transmission service kit from JRE today.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #103
Marty Z

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 2LS
I just read this entire thread and have not seen difinitive confirmation it works with 6L50, that is fits and measures correct fluid level. I am planning on ordering soon, to have ready when I change the filter.

If anyone got it working on their V6, please let me know your thoughts.
Marty Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #104
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Z View Post
I just read this entire thread and have not seen difinitive confirmation it works with 6L50, that is fits and measures correct fluid level. I am planning on ordering soon, to have ready when I change the filter.

As I recall someone on here bought one and claimed it fit well and is accurate I personally can not confirm as we have not had the opportunity to install one here in the shop.

Thank you for your interest in JRE performance parts.

Ted.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:04 AM   #105
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Quote:

It fits into the hole but that's all it does, Its completely different than the v8 cars. It hits the coolant pipe coming back along the right side of the engine. Bracket doesn't line up near any bolts. The tube would need to be bent and a different bracket fabricated, basically its a good pipe to use with a funnel to fill the v6 trans the way it comes. That's what I used it for.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #106
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
It fits into the hole but that's all it does, Its completely different than the v8 cars. It hits the coolant pipe coming back along the right side of the engine. Bracket doesn't line up near any bolts. The tube would need to be bent and a different bracket fabricated, basically its a good pipe to use with a funnel to fill the v6 trans the way it comes. That's what I used it for.
Thank you for the feedback.

Ted.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:44 AM   #107
Marty Z

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Thanks for the info. So I would need a way to hold it in place, a new bracket basically, if I were to leave it in, correct?

How about the level indicator on the dipstick, is it accurate?
Marty Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:48 AM   #108
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks for the info. So I would need a way to hold it in place, a new bracket basically, if I were to leave it in, correct?

How about the level indicator on the dipstick, is it accurate?
This is on the V6 correct?

Yes, as long as it is seated. it should be accurate you can verify by comparing the factory checking method plus 1.5 quarts, against the dipstick readings.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #109
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

We checked the level with the stick and factory level procedure. The stick is very close but leaves some room for hot or cold adjustment. The factory level procedure is very precise. If you use the stick I'd say set it in the middle around 100f, the factory calls for little or no oil coming out of the level hole @100f. Its a crazy way of doing things just to make dealer work. In all honesty the fluid level is not critical at all. You could be a 1/2 qt or more off and it wouldn't make any difference.

I found if you drain the pan, change the filter put the pan back on then fill it with 6 1/2 qts you will be perfect.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #110
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
We checked the level with the stick and factory level procedure. The stick is very close but leaves some room for hot or cold adjustment. The factory level procedure is very precise. If you use the stick I'd say set it in the middle around 100f, the factory calls for little or no oil coming out of the level hole @100f. Its a crazy way of doing things just to make dealer work. In all honesty the fluid level is not critical at all. You could be a 1/2 qt or more off and it wouldn't make any difference.

I found if you drain the pan, change the filter put the pan back on then fill it with 6 1/2 qts you will be perfect.
The factory fill procedure leaves the level about 1-1.5 quarts low which in drag racing or hard acceleration to uncover the filter and suck air.

our dipstick is calibrated for the correct level in relation to the case.

Ted.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #111
NEstyle

Drives: Caprice
Where is the "full" mark on this dipstick in relation to the pan rail? Is it even with the pan rail or how far above or below the pan rail is it?
NEstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #112
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

If I remember correctly the top of the factory fill level is aprox 1/4 inch below the pan rail. I believe the dip stick is a bit higher. You can easily check it by removing check plug under the pan, inserting a U shaped wire hold it down against the top of the inside of the check hole then on the wire mark a point of reference. Remove the wire and read off the point of reference you made on the wire on the side of the pan.