Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Unhappy Today is not my day

So it was a nice day today. After lunch with my mom and grandma, I decided to go for a nice drive to some outlet mall one hour away. Well I was driving down a backroad, no posted speed limits, and everyoine was going about 70. 45 minutes into the drive I see a highway patrol officer coming th other direction. He passes me and immediately turns around. I knew what was happening. Well since I didn't know the limit I slowed down to 65, and he still pulled me over.
He said I was going 74 and asked me if I knew the speed limit. I told him no since there were no posted speed limits the entire time I was driving.
Well he says all one lane roads are 55 in California, I had no idea. I know ignorance is no excuse, but seriously, how much could it hurt the state to post a speed limit every 20 miles or so.

Anyway, I'm planning on going to court and asking for driving school.

The day isn't over though. When I left the mall I saw an SUV leaving the spot next to me. I made sure to park far away and the parking lot was pretty empty. I don't understand why out of all the spots he could've parked in, he parks right next to me.
Well sure enough, I get closer to my car and I see a white mark on the upper passenger door. Luckily it was just his paint on it. But he left a pretty good size dent. . I tried chasing down the guy, but he was gone by the time i noticed the damage.

I have a headache.................
Old 05-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
dude.. Im sorry.. that sucks..
Yea police get you good over here..
it goes 45mph, 55mph and back to 40mph all in like 3miles..
and they sit hidden like .1mile down road after it changes from 55mph to 40mph to get the people that didnt notice it yet (only one sign so miss it and you screwed)..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
Twice in one day....that sucks!
LuckyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Sucks Bud! I just go far away and take 2 spots. I have had only one confrotation over takin 2 spots and I told dude I do it so jackass like you don't door dent my car.

However I had to leave for a while cause I couldn't leave it un-attended after calling him a jackass.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
ahhh that sucks.. i feel sorry for you!!happens to the best of us!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Other than the person who actually HIT my car a while back, I've been lucky enough to not have any door dings. Sorry man, that sucks.

And obviously I've had my share of 'paperwork' for driving fast. Hate it when that happens.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
dude....when did you go chocolate???
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #8
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Not a good day. I will drink a few brews for ya.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #9
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
So it was a nice day today. After lunch with my mom and grandma, I decided to go for a nice drive to some outlet mall one hour away. Well I was driving down a backroad, no posted speed limits, and everyoine was going about 70. 45 minutes into the drive I see a highway patrol officer coming th other direction. He passes me and immediately turns around. I knew what was happening. Well since I didn't know the limit I slowed down to 65, and he still pulled me over.
He said I was going 74 and asked me if I knew the speed limit. I told him no since there were no posted speed limits the entire time I was driving.
Well he says all one lane roads are 55 in California, I had no idea. I know ignorance is no excuse, but seriously, how much could it hurt the state to post a speed limit every 20 miles or so.

Anyway, I'm planning on going to court and asking for driving school.

The day isn't over though. When I left the mall I saw an SUV leaving the spot next to me. I made sure to park far away and the parking lot was pretty empty. I don't understand why out of all the spots he could've parked in, he parks right next to me.
Well sure enough, I get closer to my car and I see a white mark on the upper passenger door. Luckily it was just his paint on it. But he left a pretty good size dent. . I tried chasing down the guy, but he was gone by the time i noticed the damage.

I have a headache.................
Man, that sucks bad!

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be another one of those "I clicked my gas cap 2 times" threads... and was gearing up my twisted sense of humor.

That said... !
Old 05-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #10
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Ballz

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #11
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Dang Milk sorry to hear bud!

Yeah the 55 MPH rule here in CA caught me when I was 16 LOL Sucks, I love the driving school ability though, do it online much easier and faster to do. It's super easy if you have not done one before.

I hear ya about the SUV, people do that to me all the time, it's usually a beat up ol Honda Civic that parks next to me... frustrating, there are hundreds of open spots why do they park next to me!!?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #12
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wear something nice to court... suits work.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #13
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Wear something nice to court... suits work.
My court appearance was in the middle of my work day so I came in with a suit... did not help... UGH.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #14
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Damn Milk..........maybe try to find a guy to kick in the gonads? That might make you feel better....

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote