Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2019, 01:44 AM   #1
Z/oro

Drives: Camaro z/28
Mid/South Texas ceramic and cerakote shop recommendations

Hi guys I'm so happy to be doing some serious upgrades under the hood of my Z but since I'll have everything pulled apart I want to coat bits here and there. I want to get the headers powder coated and a few parts cerakoted but I'm at a loss as far as what shop to get this done. I'm looking for a shop from the Hill country of Texas down preferably. It's easy to find a shop that does powder coating but not all do ceramic and cerakote. If I search ceramic coating I get endless detailing shops but not what I'm in search for. Who has any recommendations for me, it would be greatly appreciated. As I put everything together I'll be uploading pictures and post a review of the quality of work for forum members.
Z/oro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
AustexaSS
Build Date - Dec 08, 2014

Drives: 2015 Z/28, #1007, Black A/C Stereo
I would not reccomend a traditional powder coating on your headers, a ceramic coating for heat management is a better option. I am not even sure a traditional powder coating that is applied at 400 degrees F would last any great length of time on the headers because of the extreme heat produced.

I have used enigmacoatings.com in Leander for my Z/28 parts, powder coating factory wheels and ceramic coating a set of American Racing Headers and exhaust pipes from the headers back to the factory mufflers. Enigma has 4 color choices available for ceramic coating and any color for powder coating.

As far as Cerakote the hill country options appear to be:

Customcoatingindustries.com in Spicewood

And

Highpointpowdercoating.com in Liberty Hill

I don't have experience with either company.

You may also consider Jet Hot or Swain Tech coating services for high temp applications.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!
AustexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
If you are willing to ship them, there's a local shop here in Dallas that I know one of the owners.. he does superb work, and has an excellent track record with Cerakote. Unit F14 Powder. https://unitf14.com/ Highly recommend.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
Icedog

Drives: 2015 Z28 #158(Black)& #955 (White)
Coating

This guy does incredible Work!

http://www.coatingsbycoates.com/
Icedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:14 AM   #5
Z/oro

Drives: Camaro z/28
Thanks guys I will be checking out of your recommendations. I'm not sure I worded my original message correctly but yes I plan to ceramic coat the headers, powder coat the wheels and either powder coat or cerakote valve covers, intake, and possibly pulleys. I am willing to ship the smaller stuff but the headers I'm not. I would imagine shipping back and forth would double the costs of ceramic coating. Thanks again!
Z/oro is offline   Reply With Quote