Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #15
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Couple years back I found the exact Camaro that I wanted, problem it was in Dayton, Ohio and I am located in Coastal North Carolina. Like you I also researched the idea of having it shipped to me. Bad reviews and cost prohibited that idea. I decided on flying to Dayton, thought the Camaro only had 4K on the clock I got the chance to personally inspect the car. Satisfied I handed over a check and away I went. For the next 4 or 5 days I visited family and friends in Alabama and Tennessee. I had such a great time and enjoyed every mile as I still do.

My recommendations; grab a flight and become acquainted with your new ride! You only live once.
Excellent!! Make the first of many pleasurable experiences a memorable one.

When I lived 100 miles from Vegas I bought a motorcycle there on a Friday, brought it back on Monday for the first service with 1200 miles on it, without ever going home. Very fond memories.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:37 PM   #16
Redgt03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecks70 View Post
Hey everyone! Decided to take the plunge and buy a ZL1, of course the one I want (year, color, options, etc.) is 1,000 miles away. I have been researching mobile auto inspectors and most of them have bad reviews, can you anyone suggest a company they had good luck with?

Also, was considering having it shipped but between the prices ($1,000 plus) and bad reviews I may just fly out to the dealer and drive it home. Anyone have a shipping company they recommend?

If I do decide to purchase it and drive it home are there any concerns?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm really excited to get a ZL1, I've had performance cars all my life but never had anything supercharged.
That is awesome - if it is near me, I would gladly check it over for you. If it isnt - I am sure someone on here is close the the car you looking at...just for another set of eye looking it over.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #17
jillcooper

Drives: Honda Civic, Type-R 2018
Have you tried https://www.shipa1.com/ or https://www.allstatetostateautotransport.com/ these guys are the best autotransporters out there have tried them many times never been disappointed...Just a thought...
jillcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #18
jillcooper

Drives: Honda Civic, Type-R 2018
here's a link to an article called what is a shipping calculator published by ship a1 just so you know what I'm talking about...
jillcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #19
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post

My recommendations; grab a flight and become acquainted with your new ride! You only live once.
Awesome advice. My last Camaro was 300 miles and a train ride away. Take the risk and get what you want and male some good memories. On the way home I took my daughter in DC for anyone's first ride in my new Camaro. The car is gone but I have the memories.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:15 PM   #20
justin12LT2

Drives: '12 ZL1, 05 STi, 91 Gsi, 72 Nova
I was planning to go 1000 miles max to get a ZL1, but then Carmax got one. Had them ship it from TX to CO for 350.

Edit, also pay close attention to sales tax, it varies from state to state
2012 ZL1 #131 one of 52
2005 STi
1991 Gsi
1972 Nova
justin12LT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #21
RyangAsh

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I bought mine from a fellow member on here outside of Nashville TN and drove it back same day to Kansas City MO. Not a bad day at all, made it home by 7pm same day.
RyangAsh is offline   Reply With Quote