Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-01-2019, 09:32 AM   #29
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
the dodge was my second choice....there is no chance of me going ford....
they kinda brought back the 69 with a updated look i would have totally went for a updated 70 look.....they were one of the best looking cars ever.
I went Mopar and bought two Challengers and have never looked back.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #30
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
I went Mopar and bought two Challengers and have never looked back.
That's because the Chevy's are all in front of you. LOL J/K
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #31
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONMAD510 View Post
still trolling here too instead of the Fiat forums.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:05 PM   #32
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
i her ya i'm only 5'6" and the 5th gen back seat behind me is useless.
i never liked 4 doors but coupe's are few and far between nowadays. i'm 50 and my friends had coupes from the 60's and 70's g-body's from the 80's all had good rear seating. no camaro i can think of ever had a good back seat.the second gen was the worst. i always thought they just threw them in for cheaper insurance and gm already had the vette so no more room for a 2 seater.
nice ZL-1 i'm totally jealous!

Nope, they "threw them in" to qualify for the SCCA Trans-Am race series.
The 302 was designed to meet the 5.0L spec as well.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #33
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONMAD510 View Post
now that was funny
Old 07-04-2019, 01:01 AM   #34
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
That is interesting news, I believe GM has something in the works for the 7th Gen and personally I feel the body change on the Gen 6 may have affected sales. When the 6th Gen came out it did not grab me at all like the Gen 5 did with the modernized retro look, it took some getting used too. The Gen 6 is a cool car, bu it blends in with many new cars because of the body style changes.

GM needs to give it a mean bad ass look of the Gen 7. The right decision for GM on the Gen 6 was to offer the ZL1 with the 650 hp V8 used in the C7 Z06, perhaps the Gen 7 will have the C7 ZR1 engine. Dodge and Ford continue to put the high power V8's in their cars.

Looking at these pics of the Gen 5 and Gen 6 you can really see the differences in the body design.
Attached Images

2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #35
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I've seen filthy good cars before. Not long ago, I saw (get this) a BRM ZL1 convertible not far from where I worked. I was excited until I got closer to the car: Dings everywhere, dirt on the wheels so thick that it looked like paint, curb rash on every wheel, a really poor grille and lower rocker aftermarket package, filthy paint with dirt that was covering multitudes of scratches on the paint. I thought to myself that even my worst car never sank to that level of neglect. Why have such a good car if you are going to treat it poorly?

Then it dawned on me that people think and act differently. While one (including myself) would never expose their car to the chance of neglect, others will drive their car no matter what happens to it.

Yup. If we were all the same, there would really only be one of us.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #36
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Z's4me View Post
That is interesting news, I believe GM has something in the works for the 7th Gen and personally I feel the body change on the Gen 6 may have affected sales. When the 6th Gen came out it did not grab me at all like the Gen 5 did with the modernized retro look, it took some getting used too. The Gen 6 is a cool car, bu it blends in with many new cars because of the body style changes.

GM needs to give it a mean bad ass look of the Gen 7. The right decision for GM on the Gen 6 was to offer the ZL1 with the 650 hp V8 used in the C7 Z06, perhaps the Gen 7 will have the C7 ZR1 engine. Dodge and Ford continue to put the high power V8's in their cars.

Looking at these pics of the Gen 5 and Gen 6 you can really see the differences in the body design.

From that angle the '19 looks like it wants to be a Mustang.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #37
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
Quote:

I agree with you, the gen 5 looks so much better than the gen 6 IMO. Your posting of the side by side photos make it really show that it is not even a close comparison, the 5 gen is a awesome retro car. The rear side window on the gen 6 reminds me of a 1971 or 1972 Mercury Comet or Ford Maverick.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #38
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
They hyped the 6th gen & look what happened, they could not give away the 5th gens on the lot.
They gonna do the opposite this time so everybody buys up the 6th gen left overs.
Then the 7th will be soooo bad ass the 6th geners will be giving them away to get a 7th
Just my tin hat....

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #39
Bogey99

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Quote:

Sorry but the GEN 6 looks too much like a Mustang. Gen 5 looks like it was chiseled out of a stone block and Gen 6 looks like it was vaguely molded out of a piece of clay. No offense to Gen 6 guys, its just my opinion.
Attached Images

Bogey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #40
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
Chevy's marketing stinks. Dodge has done an amazing job marketing the Challenger. Dodge official said every special edition Challenger they pushed (Hellcat, Demon, Redeye) resulted in a boost in sales of all models down to V6. You cant pick a magazine up, turn on youtube without seeing something Dodge related. No matter what anyone says effective marketing works.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #41
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJZ28 View Post
Chevy's marketing stinks. Dodge has done an amazing job marketing the Challenger. Dodge official said every special edition Challenger they pushed (Hellcat, Demon, Redeye) resulted in a boost in sales of all models down to V6. You cant pick a magazine up, turn on youtube without seeing something Dodge related. No matter what anyone says effective marketing works.
Hell, even I want to join Dom Torretto's Brotherhood of Muscle. LOL.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #42
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Hell, even I want to join Dom Torretto's Brotherhood of Muscle. LOL.
See you get it!!
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote